test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Map Transfer Failed

spottedfeatherspottedfeather Member Posts: 100 Arc User
I was trying to play temporal ambassador and it just...froze kind of. From what I gather, others have had this same problem before. You have to go onboard the Enterprise C, but when you go up to the door, it says map transfer failed. I quit the game, did other stuff, and then later tried to play again. This time, when the Continue Temporal Ambassador button came on, it wouldn't let me back into the mission.

Is this ever going to get fixed ? From what I've read, this problem has been around for years. Does that mean NOBODY'S been able to play the mission ?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    I honestly have not played that mission since the T6 ambassador came out. not that any of my toons use the ship
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I played it recently, like just before the SE, and I didn't have a problem boarding the Enterprise. The mission went quite smoothly.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 650 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Console players have an issue boarding the ship. I wasn't aware of any problems with Pc other than sometime the Recluse not dying in the cut scene.
    Post edited by baucoin on
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    The map transfer fail happens at times. Generally, it's the system losing some packets, or in the current case Akami, that the game tries to find. It's one of those hiccups of the game that has been around for years.

When it happens, just log back in. This happens to me occasionally doing TFOs. As far as it not letting you continue. Best advice I can offer there is to restart the mission.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    echatty wrote: »
    I played it recently, like just before the SE, and I didn't have a problem boarding the Enterprise. The mission went quite smoothly.

Playing on PC, I assume ?
  • Options
    trennan wrote: »
    The map transfer fail happens at times. Generally, it's the system losing some packets, or in the current case Akami, that the game tries to find. It's one of those hiccups of the game that has been around for years.

When it happens, just log back in. This happens to me occasionally doing TFOs. As far as it not letting you continue. Best advice I can offer there is to restart the mission.

I REALLY don't want to start the mission over. There is no way that I'm doing the Harry Kim mission where you have to get across the room with the falling tiles that you can temporarily stop by hitting the glowing things on the wall. Oh, and the stupid maze that takes forever. Nope. Guess that's just one mission I'll never finish. Oh, well.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    echatty wrote: »

Playing on PC, I assume ?

Yes. You did not specify whether you were on PC or Console.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User

I REALLY don't want to start the mission over. There is no way that I'm doing the Harry Kim mission where you have to get across the room with the falling tiles that you can temporarily stop by hitting the glowing things on the wall. Oh, and the stupid maze that takes forever. Nope. Guess that's just one mission I'll never finish. Oh, well.

Well, can't blame you on not wanting to redo that mission. However, which platform are you on? So that resident bug hunters can go and see if it's a bug or not. From what you're saying, I'd have to call it one.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options

Well, can't blame you on not wanting to redo that mission. However, which platform are you on? So that resident bug hunters can go and see if it's a bug or not. From what you're saying, I'd have to call it one.

I'm on PS4.
  • Options
    ericcoldfire#9804 ericcoldfire Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    I was trying to play temporal ambassador and it just...froze kind of. From what I gather, others have had this same problem before. You have to go onboard the Enterprise C, but when you go up to the door, it says map transfer failed. I quit the game, did other stuff, and then later tried to play again. This time, when the Continue Temporal Ambassador button came on, it wouldn't let me back into the mission.

Is this ever going to get fixed ? From what I've read, this problem has been around for years. Does that mean NOBODY'S been able to play the mission ?

I'm on Xbox, when I played back in 2016 on console, it worked fine. But now I get the same message before boarding the Enterprise.

Aborting the mission don't reset it, in fact when I try to continue the mission I get the map transfer fail in space. Logging out, closing the game, nothing fixes it.

Only thing I can suggest is just skip the mission, the rest of the Yesterday's War missions work fine.
  • Options
    jslatersjslaters Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    I'm on pc and been having this problem all the time. It is getting worse every day. It is with every map transfer and it is just as bad when doing the tfo's. This needs to be fixed !
  • Options
    rblack227#6541 rblack227 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I am having the same problem. Well could you guys give us the items in that mission I feel like I’m missing a ship I could have earned I’m playing on ps4
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Not trying to disappoint you, but that ship is not one to look forward to playing. Unless you have a thing for canonical ships, that particular Ambassador Class ship is not as good as other vessels you’ll be able to get at your level... In other words, you’re not missing out on much...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    tht6701#6504 tht6701 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I suspect it is a bug possibly associated with PS4 coding. I am building up an additional KDF toon that is experiencing the error. Replayed the scenario a few times to confirm it always fails at the same spot. Problem is not related load or other temporary issues. Now trying to determine if it is related to unlocking attributes from other stories. Toon has reached level 65 so something else is locking out this portion of the story.
  • Options
    rob74hrob74h Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I play STO on an Xbox One S. While playing the Mission on my KDF Borg Captain, I get through the Control room and through the force fields on the walkway to the enterprise 'c'. But then it wont let me enter the ship and keeps saying "Map Transfer Failed" and keeps me on the walkway and wont let me continue the Mission. Then i dropped the mission and played it again only for the same thing to happen.
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    This is a well known issue on both Xbox and PS4. There are numerous bug reports in both Xbox and PS4 bug report subforums. Though I do believe Crypic has acknowledged the issue, there hasn't been any confirmation that a fix is being worked on. My advice is to set up camp in that hallway because you won't be getting on the ship anytime soon.
  • Options
    behrtekkbehrtekk Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I reported the problem to ARC.. I got a message

Thanks for reaching out. I apologize for the delayed response due to the high volume of tickets in our system. I understand that you are receiving a "Map transfer failed" error while trying to complete Temporal Ambassador.

Upon checking, I saw that other players are also affected by this and a forum post was already created. Please see below.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1257496/map-transfer-failed

I also found out that the developers are already aware of the issue and are working on a fix. It would help, however, if you also post your experience on that thread to help them in their investigation. When we have any news about this, we'll let the community know by posting it on our website and official forums page. We apologize for the inconvenience.

We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter. For other inquiries or concerns, please feel free to submit a new ticket.

I am a software developer and I can tell you that if I tried to pass this off as a solution to a ticket, I would get written up by my boss.
This discussion has been closed.