test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Servers Down?

Getting no shards available on XB1, anyone else getting this after the update? No word from Arc on FB or Twitter relating to this.
I just wanna play the game!

Comments

• Options
    nxkonoko#7966 nxkonoko Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    me 2
  • Options
    gremlin123175#8389 gremlin123175 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Same here
  • Options
    hawaiinreaper#1950 hawaiinreaper Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Same
  • Options
    pthe5#2621 pthe5 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Game is offline... Got a message on the login screen "sto is offline. We are aware of the issue and working on a solution"

Well... We will see o_o
  • Options
    Still offline
  • Options
    mutantcamel#2832 mutantcamel Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    So interesting news. I just tried getting on and it started pushing down a rather large mandatory 6.4GB update. This may be why nobody could get in - they likely locked down the servers to anyone not running the correct version of the client software before the new update was actually released for download to the players. EA’s Battlefield 2 servers used to do that back in the day.

Oops... :#
  • Options
    ericcoldfire#9804 ericcoldfire Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    According to Twitter they have a fix but an outage is stopping their distributors from sending it, and they estimate it won't be out until tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Update: Well, frack. The update completed and installed with the new House Divided material, but the servers are still down. They really screwed the pooch on this one... :(
  • Options
    darkstar#8047 darkstar Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    At least we got to finish Risa before everything went wrong. Hope they extend the red alert weekend and the bonus exp.
  • Options
    pthe5#2621 pthe5 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    @overlord6644#7693 what are you dreaming of? XD u can be happy if nothing more is screwed now!

*me still waitin into the FOREVERNESS to complete the TA line to get my last 2 achievos
  • Options
    proteus#8097 proteus Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    At least we got to finish Risa before everything went wrong. Hope they extend the red alert weekend and the bonus exp.

While yes, Risa ended on time, the new Galactic Red Alert had issues before the whole game went offline. I did the first day's alert and received 1/1 progress and 11,000 dilithium, as if it was continuing to give incremental bonus dil from the last Galactic Red Alert event. No new five day progress bar for an Ultimate Tech Upgrade or Spec Point reward for this event first.
  • Options
    captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    This game has been down for what, like TWENTY-ONE hours now? What in the holy hell did that update do to the game for pete's sake?? And this happened right before a holiday weekend, will they even get this mess figured out soon or is our three days home from work going to be minus STO???

15 hours ago .... We are aware that players are having trouble logging in to our game on Xbox One. We are investigating the issue.

13 hours ago .... We've found the core root of the problem on Xbox One, and are putting together an emergency fix. If all goes well, it should be live this evening, pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

11 hours ago .... Xbox One Captains - the work to fix today's issue has been completed on our end and sent off. Not much longer now to wait, we'll keep you updated.

Also, 11 hours ago .... Xbox One Update: There is an outage that's affecting our partner's ability to apply the fix. (" So .. really NOT a fix then!") We'll keep you updated, but it may be as long as tomorrow morning pacific time before this issue is fixed.

8 hours ago .... Xbox Captains: We have heard from our partner and they, unfortunately, don't have a firm ETA on when this so-called fix will be going live? Hoping for some time this evening. Again, we deeply apologize.

UPDATE

23 minutes ago .... Good morning, Xbox Captains: we're being told that the issue with the certification process will be fixed in around three hours at which point our fix will swiftly deploy. Thank you for your patience, athough it's not like you had much choice!

3 HOURS LATER / UPDATE

23 minutes ago .... Xbox One update, the blocker is fixed, and our new build is processing through. ("We shall see?")
    Post edited by captainwells on
  • Options
    So this is only happening with XBox players? Who is this “partner” of which they speak?
  • Options
    So this is only happening with XBox players? Who is this “partner” of which they speak?

My guess would be Microsoft

• Options
    It’s back up.
  • Options
    nicodemicos#6385 nicodemicos Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    not for everyone, got a message on screen saying they will do maintenance at some point and still can't log into game
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Yea, servers are down for me too. Plus, when I went to log in this morning, instead of updating, it prompted me to uninstall and re-install the game.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Maybe another 7 gb update will fix it
    Update : Fixed after 2nd update
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    You will also probably need to do a Hard Reset on the Xbox console before it will download the 7.2 gig patch, so make sure you do that first then got check to see if it starts downloading the patch before trying to play. (Don't just click Shutdown if you have it set to instant power on, hit Reset instead.)
  • Options
    captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    Rather than continue offering "minutes" for this snafu, I have to say that although I was able to get back into the game on Sept 4; it still continues to be one buggy mess making playing the game occasionally problematic.

Ridiculous amounts of rubberbanding are going on, and it is taking me on average about a half dozen times to actually get "into" the game with a single character; much less checking in on both of my console accounts? I start loading in and get kicked back to the main screen three+ plus times, and often then once I succeed there follows a couple of server disconnects and then .... another round of rinse and repeat. This has been the case for what, six months give or take. Prior to that this did happen, but certainly NOT EVERY TIME THAT YOU LOG IN DAILY?????

Cryptic, you have a problem. In fact since you have more than one employee or dev, you've seriously got a lot of problems who are earning a living for not really knowing how to fix the messes that they create. And trying to lay the blame anywhere else but right their in your own studio, is not really gonna cut it. You patch or do server maintenances weekly, so why isn't your interface clearing up .... at some point .... from time to time .... ever?