test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Risian Kit not giving ranged weapon bonus to Lukari wrist device.

wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 397 Arc User
edited August 2020 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The Risa kit has 2 effects on weapon damage. At epic level you can get KP/WPN for minor weapon damage increase.

The bigger effect is that you get 20% ranged weapon damage + 10% more for each risian modules. With 3 modules my kit says I should get +50% range weapon damage.

However, it has no effect (no dmg increase) for the Lukari Piezo-Electric Wrist Device, the Lukari rep ranged ground weapon. it is a ranged weapon and should get the bonus. Hopefully this is just oversight and can be corrected, rather than intentional ommision for a weapon that needs more power (only does 131 dmg buffed for primary fire).
Post edited by wraithmeister on

Comments

• Options
    No comments on this?
    I also submitted online bug report for this last weekend but never heard back.
  • Options
    arliekkosarliekkos Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    My main uses the wrist item but not the new kit. I completely agree that the damage needs improving on the device!
  • Options
    raszulraszul Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    @arliekkos the Lukari Wrist Apparatus does about 150-200 effective DPS on my parses.
    That puts it in the upper end of non-lobi weapons.
    Add to that the fact that it also heals you, recovers your shield, is an AoE & Chain Lightning attack and can be swapped to support mode where it becomes an AoE heal? I think the Lukari Wrist Apparatus is just fine as is and absolutely love using it.

@wraithmeister the Risa Kit Frame does not increase the DPS displayed on the Lukari Wrist Device's tooltip, aye.
    My parses do indicate that there might still be an increase in DPS anyways. The difference is fairly small though hence I'm not 100% certain that that is actually the case.
    I'm still testing and will report back once I got more parses with and without the kit frame to base things on.
  • Options
    I did some more testing. It seems that there IS an increase in weapon DPS.

Still, it should show that increase in the weapon tooltip, not just when analyzing it in detail via combat logging -.-'
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Thanks for checking. I dont parse dmg so I dont have a way to check and basically rely on the tooltips.

Would be nice though if someone with access to the code could confirm that it really is getting the bonus and that this is only just a tooltip issue (in which case it should be an easy fix if they ever do fix it).

However, I dont agree with the comment that 150-200 DPS is high dps. I have other characters using devices such as the iconian staff (lobi) that do 400 dps (as shown in tooltip), and reputation weapons at mk 15 are in range of 350-450 DPS. Even generic weapons at mk 15 can do over 300 dps.

Thus the Lukari wrist lance, both by your DPS measure and by tooltips, is doing about half the DPS of other reputation weapons, and significantly less than even generic mk 15 weapons. The fact that it's secondary fire is a targeted AE is good, but secondary fire of many rep weapons and lobi weapons are at least directional AEs and some targeted AEs..
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    ok, let me rephrase the DPS bit.

In my parses when looking at the DPS weapons do in the hands of random people then generally speaking these numbers tend to pop up for any one kit module or weapon:

200 DPS = good solid option; usually either a lockbox or reputation item
    300 DPS = very good option; usually one of the best lockbox or reputation items or an event item
    400 DPS = excellent option; usually one of the best items in the game

Of cause that is on random people using slap-dash "builds", if you can even apply that term.
    With a propper build that actually supports the item in question rather than just slap a bunch of high-ish dps things together one can easily increase these numbers by 25-50% (depending on endeavor boosts).

Also - i am talking about parsed "effective" DPS, not raw DPS indicated by tooltips - those don't account for the target's shield hardness or damage resistance, the parsed numbers do. Raw DPS will always be significantly higher than actual DPS, aka tooltips kinda lie - hence me parsing instead of trusting them. :smiley:

And the lukari wrist apparatus does electrical damage. Very few enemies ever have notable resistance against that, unlike resistance to more common damage types. Hence even with lower raw DPS the weapon still ends up scoring on par or above weapons with higher raw DPS but more commonly resisted damage types.