test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would an Endeavor Event work?

eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
With STO seemingly having events as soon as one finishes another one begins, got me a thinking. What in game do we have that has not yet been covered by an event? and I came up with Endeavors. We could have a weekend event where rewards are slightly higher. maybe with higher reward items too. Ie Easy rewards 1000 with a guarantee of a reroll token. Medium rewards 5000 with a guarantee of Rep Marks, and Hard rewards 10,000 or 12,000 with a guarantee of an ultra rare item. Then on completion of the event a guaranteed extra perk point to spend. Just an idea, that's all.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Not a bad idea. It would probably be easier for Cryptic to either bump up the tier boxes given (so Easy gets you a Medium box) or have you get 2 boxes instead of 1.
  • Options
    nathankomarannathankomaran Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    This idea a-actually sounds kinda fun!...But Craptic will probably wreck it somehow...Or leave it half-way unplayable.
  • Options
    ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    So something along the lines of the XP or Dilithium stuff.
    Sounds easy and „basic“ enough to be doable.
    Considering the huge grind Endeavour is it sounds rather reasonable.
    You’ve got my moral support for your idea.
    For what that is worth: Absolutely nothing.
  • Options
    mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    With STO seemingly having events as soon as one finishes another one begins, got me a thinking. What in game do we have that has not yet been covered by an event? and I came up with Endeavors. We could have a weekend event where rewards are slightly higher. maybe with higher reward items too. Ie Easy rewards 1000 with a guarantee of a reroll token. Medium rewards 5000 with a guarantee of Rep Marks, and Hard rewards 10,000 or 12,000 with a guarantee of an ultra rare item. Then on completion of the event a guaranteed extra perk point to spend. Just an idea, that's all.

Sounds good and workable. I'd like to add, this would also work for one of those "server-wide goal" events, like we had with the Temporal recruit event. Something like +50% dil bonus for the week if "X" number of endeavors are completed server wide the week before.

gHF1ABR.jpg
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    Not a bad idea. It would probably be easier for Cryptic to either bump up the tier boxes given (so Easy gets you a Medium box) or have you get 2 boxes instead of 1.

Yeah, I like that idea :)
    This idea a-actually sounds kinda fun!...But Craptic will probably wreck it somehow...Or leave it half-way unplayable.

Thanks for liking this idea
    ishigami2 wrote: »
    So something along the lines of the XP or Dilithium stuff.
    Sounds easy and „basic“ enough to be doable.
    Considering the huge grind Endeavour is it sounds rather reasonable.
    You’ve got my moral support for your idea.
    For what that is worth: Absolutely nothing.

It was a off the cuff idea. Appreciate your support. All of you.

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yeah, I suggested an Endeavor Event Weekend a year and a half ago. Just Double the XP given. And as suggested have Bonus Boxes of Rewards.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I find any sort of Endeavor event intriguing, & it would be nice, but just not sure how easily it could be implemented & if Cryptic could do it & if they'd want to if it was too difficult.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Feel like the closest we could get to an Endeavor event is if they do something like the universal contribution thing they've done a few times in the past. Have some overall goal that every player contributes to by doing things.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.