test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reputation - New Romulus missing on xbox

Today 08-27-2020 I noticed that the New Romulus Reputation faction is missing completely from xbox.
Tagged:

Comments

• mooney#3365 mooney Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Lol... just posted the same thing... Weird isn’t it? It just disappeared...
  • awesomeweaselawesomeweasel Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    i just noticed it also, and there is nothing said about it in the update/patch notes, but then again it would not surprise me if kael just neglected to put that in the patch notes?
  • Noticed the same thing today myself. Thought I was going nuts.
  • awesomeweaselawesomeweasel Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    i reported it to support since its a console bug and i was not sure if kael would even report it, and the response i got was:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

I understand that the Romulan Reputation disappeared after the recent update. I've discussed your concern with our Senior Game Masters and I was informed that at this time, this is already a known issue. A fix should be released in the next update or two. You may also check our website and official forums that I've linked below for updates regarding this.

sad part is that there was nothing wrong before todays update/patch, and the update/patch notes said nothing about the reputation. so how the hell could they bugger up something they were not even trying to patch?
  • darkstar#8047 darkstar Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    They did mention it on Twitter. I believe they fixed something with the events tab that probably screwed up the rep tab. Just like Jenga pull out one block from somewhere and the entire tower comes crashing down, even though it didn't look like it was connected.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I would put money on the fact that when they went into the Rom Rep to add the new scorpion fighter squadrons, they buggered up the whole thing. Should be easy enough for them to fix, but...
    A fix should be released in the next update or two.

So about two months from now.

Looks like it since it still isn't fixed after last maintenance, but on the plus side they have made a new ship to scam into a lockbox.
    The owe me 6 days of new romulas rep now.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    Looks like it since it still isn't fixed after last maintenance...
    "Maintenance" and "Fix" do not always come together.
    "Maintenance" will generally involve the servers being shut down, perhaps a quick database defrag, a system check, and then the servers turned back on. Nothing gets 'fixed'.
    "Fix" will almost always involve a patch for our game clients, whether that's on PS4, XBox1 or PC.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    Well it is still broken after the latest fix and they broke the red alert while they were at it. :D
    To have an entire reputation system go missing for this long is really incompetent. Missing and presumed dead at this point.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,451 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    To have an entire reputation system go missing for this long is really incompetent. Missing and presumed dead at this point.

It is not incompetent. In the US, they are having Labor Day weekend so they do not have enough time to fix it until after that. No. it is not dead just missing until it gets fixed.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    sthe91 wrote: »
    It is not incompetent. In the US, they are having Labor Day weekend so they do not have enough time to fix it until after that. No. it is not dead just missing until it gets fixed.

It went missing the week previously, they have had over a week to fix it and it still hasn't been done, the labour day weekend is not even relevant.

It went missing the week previously, they have had over a week to fix it and it still hasn't been done, the labour day weekend is not even relevant.

It is relevant because Cryptic is off on Labor Day. Maintenance will be on Tuesday, hopefully it is fixed by then for your sakes.
    Still incompetent that it went missing in the first place. Does cryptic not test these new updates before they send them out? This is definitely a big enough bug that it should have been caught during testing of the update.

Am I the only one worried that when they do finally give us the Romulan rep back, all our rep progess for it will have been lost?
    If you want to know some of the problems Cryptic Studios deals with check out their Careers page on their website and see how many openings there are. At one point, a QA Test Analyst was on that list and now apparently they now have one. I check it almost daily. Cryptic would run better if they had all those positions filled and they even are looking for another environmental artist for STO. When your Romulan Reputation is back, may no rep progress be lost.
    If you want to know some of the problems Cryptic Studios deals with check out their Careers page on their website and see how many openings there are. At one point, a QA Test Analyst was on that list and now apparently they now have one. I check it almost daily. Cryptic would run better if they had all those positions filled and they even are looking for another environmental artist for STO. When your Romulan Reputation is back, may no rep progress be lost.

Well, this doesn't make me feel any better about the future of this game. No wonder so many things get broken and never fixed.