test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

temporary suspended

has anyone ever been temporary suspended and why , how long dos this last. why do they do this?

Comments

• Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,732 Community Moderator
    define "temporary suspended". suspended from what exactly? from chat, the game, or which?
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    If any action was taken against you by Cryptic Support, they would have sent an email to the address specified on your account.

Have you looked in your email?
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    has anyone ever been temporary suspended and why , how long dos this last. why do they do this?

If too many people in a zone flag something you wrote as 'spam' - it can trigger a temporary ban from being able to chat. I think it's a 24 hour ban, but not sure.

If somehow your account got banned (temp or otherwise) - yes you should have received a e-mail from Cryptic Support stating the reasons at the e-mail address you use for the account.

Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    If any action was taken against you by Cryptic Support, they would have sent an email to the address specified on your account.

No they don't. I've heard plenty of people get permabanned and never got a word as to why.
  • Options
    tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    duasyn wrote: »

No they don't. I've heard plenty of people get permabanned and never got a word as to why.

I've heard plenty of those people know why they got banned and just said they were never told to muddy the waters.*

*see? making statements like this does not really help anything. Unless you are someone who experienced it and can talk to the situation directly, or you have something more concrete to hang the claim on, it just amounts to spreading rumors.

Plus, we should at least wait for the person to come back and say whether they checked email. Might be the explanation is there. And, if it isn't, the next suggestion would be to put in a ticket and ask, in case there is something else going on with the account or the email was blocked for some reason.

Cryptic has plenty of issues when it comes to how they deal with players (I myself have tickets in on a couple of them), but I don't think we should encourage people to jump to conclusions without even trying to check.
  • Options
    cxeronockxcxeronockx Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    I have an account that has been temporarily banned several times, and yes each time I did NOT receive any emails (not even in my spam box) until I created a ticket for support. Each time it was supposedly because of being afk all the time in a pve, while I did get the rewords every time, but after a while I noticed something and researched it and even hired a lawyer because it was getting too much. For an understandable reason I cannot give too much information about this as it also concerns personal communication between me and the game moderators, but I can say that my last temporary ban was lifted early after a proper and substantiated conversation with the game moderators. What I can also say without really going deep into the matter is that since the moment I got a few characters pulled back from two fleets, I haven't had any temporary ban from my account.

So, if you create a support ticket and your question or response is substantiated, it may be that they look at it and find the temporary suspension unjustified and put it right. Harsh and threatening words or language certainly do not help here.

• Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,732 Community Moderator
    I let this go on longer than I should have. I had assumed this person may have been talking about AFK penalty and wasn't sure what it was. I see now that's most likely not the case.

@sergeantkor1234 what you need to do is contact support about your account. Ask them why you were suspended and from there you can discuss with them what you need to do in order to get it lifted and/or make amends. There is nothing we can do for you here on the forums.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.