test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 Risian Corvette unlock

cenellcenell Member Posts: 88 Arc User
I noticed after purchasing the Risian Corvette t6 from mudds market, that it does not reclaim under the events tab, but goes through the market to reclaim making it unable to flag for the t6 pilot version through the fleet shipyard, is this a known or intended issue? I would like the pilot version of said ship, that was my whole goal to get one.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    cenell wrote: »
    I noticed after purchasing the Risian Corvette t6 from mudds market, that it does not reclaim under the events tab, but goes through the market to reclaim making it unable to flag for the t6 pilot version through the fleet shipyard, is this a known or intended issue? I would like the pilot version of said ship, that was my whole goal to get one.

I would assume that's a bug and should probably be reported as such.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    @darkbladejk @wingedhussar#7584 Please move to PC Gameplay Bug Reports. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • cenellcenell Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    First of all, an "assumed" answer is just speculation, second, I did not specifically say I was reporting a bug, I was asking a legitimate question, please do NOT remove my post to bug reporting. I will post an actual "bug report" should it be warranted. Edit, I have posted a bug report in PS4 Support as well as sent an in game ticket for this issue.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    First of all, an "assumed" answer is just speculation, second, I did not specifically say I was reporting a bug, I was asking a legitimate question, please do NOT remove my post to bug reporting. I will post an actual "bug report" should it be warranted. Edit, I have posted a bug report in PS4 Support as well as sent an in game ticket for this issue.

He does a lot of 'backseat moderation,' just ignore it.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    edited July 2020

He does a lot of 'backseat moderation,' just ignore it.

I did not know it was on PS4. My apologies. I was just trying to help. All I do is bring it to the attention of the mods but if indeed you (cenell) have posted this in PS4 Support as well then this should just be closed. I was doing no backseat moderation. My bad. :)
    Post edited by sthe91 on
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    You're a very good helper too :)
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    echatty wrote: »

Thanks echatty! :)
  • discoricediscorice Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    So what's the answer here? Is it a bug or intentional?
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    discorice wrote: »
    So what's the answer here? Is it a bug or intentional?

Probably a bug. Would be weird (and very player unfriendly) if the Mudd version would exclude the fleet unlock.
    so far as I know it is still not working, I reported it and wrote their ticket in game but never received a response from anyone about it. I believe the unlock is related to the "event" version and not the Mudd's market one, which I do not understand why, it is in all aspects the same ship and should apply, but then, this is Cryptic, so...
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    echatty wrote: »

Thanks echatty! :)

You're very welcome. You do good helping out the mods by flagging threads that need flagging.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    so far as I know it is still not working, I reported it and wrote their ticket in game but never received a response from anyone about it. I believe the unlock is related to the "event" version and not the Mudd's market one, which I do not understand why, it is in all aspects the same ship and should apply, but then, this is Cryptic, so...

Takes a while sometimes, been very slow to help me with my problem with the Ferang unfortunately.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User

It would be pretty lame if this was intentional.

The whole fleet ship thing already boils down to charging more money for missing features that should have been included in the first place. If they're even going to exclude the unlock entirely from these very expensive Mudd ships, that'd be a major rip-off.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    They really ought to check these things before releasing them.

You cannot ask players to pay huge sums for a ship and then make these kind of mistakes - or, if intended, leave this kind of information out altogether.

It's highly unprofessional.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    Still nothing posted in patch or comments on a fix, so, maybe this was intended?
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    It could be by design that Mudd's Market strips off the fleet discount along with the other event benefits. It would go with the whole grifter merchant theme.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    This was never moved to bug reports, so Cryptic might not realize it exists?
  • discoricediscorice Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    It could be by design that Mudd's Market strips off the fleet discount along with the other event benefits. It would go with the whole grifter merchant theme.

Except it's not Mudd that's grifting, it's Cryptic. I'm not RP'ing with my actual money spent on this game. They need to unlock the ability to purchase the version with pilot maneuvers for the people who shelled out (way too much) hard earned money for this boat. Why deliberately ruin people's confidence in their cash purchases?

Fear Of A Disco Planet

I posted on the bug section and in the in game ticket parts to cover all the bases, however this particular thread was not intended as a bug report, it was intended to ask a question about why this was overlooked> please do not remove this to "bug reports" as no one there even pays attention, sleeping maybe, bug reports must be quite boring when they have to go back and actually fix something. v.s creating more that will turn around for "quick cash cow".

I posted on the bug section and in the in game ticket parts to cover all the bases, however this particular thread was not intended as a bug report, it was intended to ask a question about why this was overlooked> please do not remove this to "bug reports" as no one there even pays attention, sleeping maybe, bug reports must be quite boring when they have to go back and actually fix something. v.s creating more that will turn around for "quick cash cow".

There is a person who reads the bug reports, they just usually do not respond to them but they are read. So no it is not true to say that no one pays attention.
    sthe91 wrote: »

There is a person who reads the bug reports, they just usually do not respond to them but they are read. So no it is not true to say that no one pays attention.

Based on hardly ever seeing anything done about them, one could hardly tell. Read is fine, doing something about it, that is what I would like to see happen. I purchased the ship( I know was overpriced, but I like the ship) Had I known the t6 pilot was not an option would I still have gotten it? yeah, but what bothers me is I raved on this expecting the unlock. Told people I know playing this " hey this amazing ship from the past has some wild fleet unlocks" expecting it to happen. thing is, why wasn't it? isn't it the same ship?
  • bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    I realize it's not "official" but the wiki entry for the T6 Fleet Pilot version states that "This vessel is available from a Tier I Fleet Shipyard once the Risian corvette (T6) has been unlocked, either from Mudd's Market or from participating in the 2019 Risian Lohlunat Festival" which implies this is a bug and the fleet ship should be available to anyone who purchased the corvette from Mudd's.

I will point out that bugs are almost never acknowledged on the forums (which can be quite frustrating) but listed in the patch notes as being fixed once they are fixed. I would keep on this issue, but don't expect any official communication from Cryptic about it beyond future patch notes.
    I realize it's not "official" but the wiki entry for the T6 Fleet Pilot version states that "This vessel is available from a Tier I Fleet Shipyard once the Risian corvette (T6) has been unlocked, either from Mudd's Market or from participating in the 2019 Risian Lohlunat Festival" which implies this is a bug and the fleet ship should be available to anyone who purchased the corvette from Mudd's.

I will point out that bugs are almost never acknowledged on the forums (which can be quite frustrating) but listed in the patch notes as being fixed once they are fixed. I would keep on this issue, but don't expect any official communication from Cryptic about it beyond future patch notes.

Fair enough, I really do hope they fix it. It is frustrating to see something that would be simple can get overlooked quickly.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    it also will depend on how many bug reports they receive. do you fix them first come, first serve? or do you prioritize based on how many people are reporting it? For example, if the OP's bug is reported by 4 people a month ago, and today 400 people put in bug reports on something in a C store purchase being wrong, how should they prioritize? First come first serve is fair, but as someone who works for a software company, that's not the way things roll. better to have 4 pissed off people than 400. I'm not saying they won't get to it, but you cannot realistically expect it to be fixed "right now" if it's relatively rare.
    Spock.jpg

it also will depend on how many bug reports they receive. do you fix them first come, first serve? or do you prioritize based on how many people are reporting it? For example, if the OP's bug is reported by 4 people a month ago, and today 400 people put in bug reports on something in a C store purchase being wrong, how should they prioritize? First come first serve is fair, but as someone who works for a software company, that's not the way things roll. better to have 4 pissed off people than 400. I'm not saying they won't get to it, but you cannot realistically expect it to be fixed "right now" if it's relatively rare.

well for my part, I never said I expected it to be fixed "now" like pay on demand tv kind of thing. The point was to get this particular situation addressed and out there, find out if anyone else had this same issue. my point being this was NOT the "free event ship" so many other people got at an extreme timeframe ago. This was a rerelease that was paid for, so what I expect is some level of responsibility, if the unlock was not intended to be part of the ship paid release I would have expected it to be stated as such. Since it was not stated as having or not having, in this case, it leaves a "grey" area.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    It looks like they were working to fix it from the start, the notes for tomorrows patch include the line:
    Resolved an issue that could prevent players who owned the Risian corvette [T6] from purchasing the Risian Pilot corvette [T6]"

So hopefully they have that bug firmly squashed.
This discussion has been closed.