test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[BUILD] D7 Miracle Worker Flight Deck Carrier T6

winters83winters83 Member Posts: 486 Media Corps
Greetings, Admirals!

Welcome to Winters Budget Builds Series.

This series is intended to be a guide on how to effectively, efficiently and more importantly, build Starships on a “budget”. This is not intended to be a “min max” series by any means. The builds you will see here will show you how to create an effective build on a budget. Each video will cover all aspects of the build, Weapons, Equipment, Consoles, Skill Tree, Traits, Boff Abilities, Doffs, Specializations, etc. For each video I will also have the build replicated on STO Academy so that players can view the builds in detail and review them when needed. You can find this link in the description when viewing on YouTube.

Near the end of each video I will also demonstrate the builds in a Patrol so that viewers can see the build in action. I have chosen this over “Infected: The Conduit - Advanced” as the outcome of that TFO can be affected by the team that you are with. Whereas playing a patrol, you can see how the build performs in a single player environment. Every player, new and veteran, will find this series a valuable source of information. You may even learn something new!

If you have any requests for a particular ship that you would like to see, please leave a comment stating the request and “if” I have the ship, I will endeavor to do a video for that ship.

D7 Miracle Worker Flight Deck Carrier T6

Subscribe to channel: Winters Gaming
Twitter: @P1Winters83
Twitch Channel: Winters1983
Armada Website: www.priorityonearmada.com​​
Twitter: @P1Winters83 YouTube: WintersGaming
=/\= ========================================== =/\=
Fleet Admiral Winters - Priority One Armada
U.S.S. Wolverine - NCC 831216
Armada Leader // Executive Producer // Host // Priority One Podcast

Comments

• trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I'll wait while someone tells me how a 1.5 billion EC ship falls within a budget of a budget build.
  • winters83winters83 Member Posts: 486 Media Corps
    I'll wait while someone tells me how a 1.5 billion EC ship falls within a budget of a budget build.

Build goes on ship, not ship on build.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    This build reminds me a lot of what I am working on for my Legendary Crossfield build with the I.S.S. prefix. I also have a Discovery D7 on my Retro Gorn Engineer. I went with Disruptor Dual Heavy's with a Nausicaan torp up front and turrets in the rear though. Getting that sucker to turn really is a challenge, but well worth the effort when you succeed.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    winters83 wrote: »

Amazing twisting of words for click bait lol. I did get this Aston Martin the other day and got this great budget cup holder to stick in it only costed me 75 cents! Yeah I can play that game too ya know :D
    jcsww wrote: »
    This build reminds me a lot of what I am working on for my Legendary Crossfield build with the I.S.S. prefix. I also have a Discovery D7 on my Retro Gorn Engineer. I went with Disruptor Dual Heavy's with a Nausicaan torp up front and turrets in the rear though. Getting that sucker to turn really is a challenge, but well worth the effort when you succeed.

I was actually very surprised at how good you can get the turn rate on this bad boy when you're running the right stuff. The odd console, pilot spec, etc. A few other players have said about using the Nausicaan Torp too, and sure, it wouldn't require too many changes to add it into the build. I take it that you like it with the DHC's? Definitely sounds interesting and fun if you can pull it off. :smile:

-Winters

Amazing twisting of words for click bait lol. I did get this Aston Martin the other day and got this great budget cup holder to stick in it only costed me 75 cents! Yeah I can play that game too ya know :D

You will have to forgive me but I'm not sure what you mean by "click bait"!? As for your "Aston Martin" analogy, using a "cup holder" would be more accurate for comparing a "visualization shield" wouldn't it? Completely pointless and has nothing to do with the performance of the "Aston Martin".

Sticking to the "Aston Martin" analogy and what this "Budget Build" series is about, I think saying something like "I did get this Aston Martin the other day and I got a great deal on fuel only costed me 75 cents a liter!" is a little more accurate, isn't it!? :wink: lol

All joking aside, clearly this series isn't for you. This series is intended for those who can't pump huge amounts of resources into a build (maybe because they spent everything they had on the ship in the first place) and they want an effective build without costing them an arm and a leg and maybe their first born.

In any case, thanks a million for taking the time to trek out my build and to leave a comment. I really do appreciate your support! :smile:

-Winters
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »

I was actually very surprised at how good you can get the turn rate on this bad boy when you're running the right stuff. The odd console, pilot spec, etc. A few other players have said about using the Nausicaan Torp too, and sure, it wouldn't require too many changes to add it into the build. I take it that you like it with the DHC's? Definitely sounds interesting and fun if you can pull it off. :smile:

-Winters

Yeah. I had some Sensor-Linked Disruptors I had snapped up back when the Exchange was flooded with them. All this time later, it was either sell them for way more than I ever thought they would resell for or use them. I have made good use out of them. :D
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    This series is intended for those who can't pump huge amounts of resources into a build (maybe because they spent everything they had on the ship in the first place) and they want an effective build without costing them an arm and a leg and maybe their first born.

I'm sure you're tired of constantly defending yourself, but maybe a rebranding of this series would help curb the flak. Calling them 'Basic Builds' instead of 'Budget Builds' might seem like a petty technicality, but it might also be more concise in identifying the target audience. "Budget Builds" comes with the implication that the target audience doesn't have many resources to start with in the first place - in which case, upgrading a basic ship with a fraction of the resources spent on a promo/legendary ship would be more productive/rational than.. telling people how to fill a Lamborghini with Honda Civic parts.

I'm sure there's still an audience for these niche builds though; keep doing your thing and being awesome.
    szerontzur wrote: »
    This series is intended for those who can't pump huge amounts of resources into a build (maybe because they spent everything they had on the ship in the first place) and they want an effective build without costing them an arm and a leg and maybe their first born.

I'm sure you're tired of constantly defending yourself, but maybe a rebranding of this series would help curb the flak. Calling them 'Basic Builds' instead of 'Budget Builds' might seem like a petty technicality, but it might also be more concise in identifying the target audience. "Budget Builds" comes with the implication that the target audience doesn't have many resources to start with in the first place - in which case, upgrading a basic ship with a fraction of the resources spent on a promo/legendary ship would be more productive/rational than.. telling people how to fill a Lamborghini with Honda Civic parts.

I'm sure there's still an audience for these niche builds though; keep doing your thing and being awesome.

Hey @szerontzur,

Sincerely, thank you for your comment and input! That is actually not a bad idea and something I never really considered before. I will admit though that I do like the title "Budget Builds" and I think that it is fairly catchy, ya know. I will consider your suggestion though for "Basic Builds" or see if I can come up with something else.

Again, thank you for taking the time to comment and for offering constructive input! Oh yeah, thank you also for the kind words too! :smile:

-Winters