test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Purchase of Risian corvette from Mudd doesn't unlock ability to purchase fleet version.

It's all in the title. I have a fleet module, wanted to purchase the Fleet T6 Risian corvette from the shipyard after buying the T6 Risian corvette from Mudd. It's not there. What gives? Where should I be looking? This can't be "as-intended".
Fear Of A Disco Planet

Comments

• Options
    rilynrretrilynrret Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    The pilot version IS the fleet upgraded version. Others have posted about the same error and filed bug reports. I would suggest you also file a bug report.
  • Options
    discoricediscorice Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Bug report has already been submitted. I posted it here to draw attention to it, and to see if I was just looking in the wrong spot for it or something.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    kf4tvikf4tvi Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    discorice wrote: »
    It's all in the title. I have a fleet module, wanted to purchase the Fleet T6 Risian corvette from the shipyard after buying the T6 Risian corvette from Mudd. It's not there. What gives? Where should I be looking? This can't be "as-intended".

So, just curious if you actually went to the fleet star base to try and make the purchase? I saw this on the site "This vessel is available from a Tier I Fleet Shipyard once the Risian corvette (T6) has been unlocked at the 2019 Risian Lohlunat Festival." Could it be you actually have to go there and not just any ship vendor? Just a thought. LL🖖P
  • Options
    kf4tvi wrote: »

So, just curious if you actually went to the fleet star base to try and make the purchase? I saw this on the site "This vessel is available from a Tier I Fleet Shipyard once the Risian corvette (T6) has been unlocked at the 2019 Risian Lohlunat Festival." Could it be you actually have to go there and not just any ship vendor? Just a thought. LL🖖P

You know, I haven't tried that but I will and I'll post the results. thank you for that suggestion.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    Actually I just remembered there aren't any ship vendors on the fleet starbase. fleet ships are available for purchase from any vendor your faction has access to.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    kf4tvikf4tvi Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    Actually I just remembered there aren't any ship vendors on the fleet starbase. fleet ships are available for purchase from any vendor your faction has access to.

So if you are at the fleet star base and you take the turbo lift to tactical, go round to the left and through the doors, you will see a ramp going down to a npc/console....that is it. I think it is a ship selector and a ship/shuttle officer/vendor there.
  • Options
    majcyricmajcyric Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I would just like to point that that yes there are 3 versions of the "Risian corvette" There is a T5 version that you can get by using a Ultra Rare Phoenix Prize token..

Link to the T5 version info..
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Risian_corvette
    The 2nd one is the 2019 summer Lohlunat Festival "Risian corvette (T6)" event ship..
    (SS below showing 5 Mastery tiers and #81)
    https://imgur.com/JTumTmT
    The 3rd version is the Fleet Risian Pilot Corvette (T6)... Which only has 4 Mastery tiers but has slightly better base stats
    (SS below showing 4 Mastery tiers and #59)
    https://imgur.com/ka0lSod

Now i'm not sure if the Numbers 81 and 59 are set with the ship, or with the chosen appearance.. But as I recall when my low level alts claimed and used the event Risian corvette, it had also displayed a #81, even when picking a different color and look from the above shown stock colors/designs... So i'm a bit inclined to believe that #81 is the event ship's number and #59 is what the Fleet T6's version number is.. (They are racing ships after)..

As to why you it isn't showing that you own the ("Zen Store") Version to the cost reduction to 1 module and (20k? Fleet creds).. My guess is that when they shifted the Event ship from being such and moved it into the Zen Store (Mudd's 'Shop'), someone just forgot to change the tagging code for it... I'm sure it's a simple matter to address it, by editing the value tag for it..

• Options
    kf4tvi wrote: »

So if you are at the fleet star base and you take the turbo lift to tactical, go round to the left and through the doors, you will see a ramp going down to a npc/console....that is it. I think it is a ship selector and a ship/shuttle officer/vendor there.

Ah right! So I just did that. Same result as the shipyard.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    i certainly hope they correct this for you and every one else. although, i can see them doing this as a deliberate act and not fixing it.

Yeah. It seems a bit too petty and predatory to be intentional.

Post edited by discorice on
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    Bumped because this has gone unanswered in any official channel, including support tickets.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • Options
    +1 (still waiting/hoping for an official response)
  • Options
    for me, yesterday's patch fixed it, so thank you to whoever did that
  • Options
    yep. got fixed for me, too.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet