test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

IDEA: Max Level Buyout

I see it's possible to get a character to 65 instantly, the Romulan Legendary bundle shows that much, so why not make a 6k zen pack that permanently lets you make lvl 65 characters of every faction you hit lvl 65? And yeah, 6k zen, Just for the option to start any character at lvl 65, as a permanent unlock, or like 2-3k per faction, nothing else.. I can see plenty of people buying something like that as it's one of the most annoying parts of character creation.. grinding your way to a lvl you already hit.

As for the "Recruitment Rewards" those can be locked behind 20 hours of play time on an alt if the alt levels to 65 instantly.

Comments

• Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure the rom legacy pack is more or less the testbed for that kind of thing, wouldn't be surprised if we get a level boost pack in the store in the future.
  • Options
    atlantis#9395 atlantis Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Yeah Hope so, just hope it'll be like an unlock thing at some sane prices (so like 2-3k for a single faction or 6k or so for a multifaction unlock) or atleast if they go consumable hope it'll be like 500 zen per alt... hell i'd even accept it as a lockbox thing if it can be traded tho i'd much rather have it in the Zen store..
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    I would be interested in either account-wide Rep Systems and Crafting, but wouldn't be opposed to single, but not $60 each, system buyouts. Now, if they sold a pack that maxed all of Rep Systems and one for maxing out the Specialization Systems, and one for maxing out the Crafting System. I would be very interested, but they would have to be priced reasonably for those of us who really would prefer these things be account-wide.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    I wouldn't ever buy an "Insta Level Cap" item here in STO. Leveling is simply too easy and quick. That said, I would support an item like it being offered here, if the price were right. If someone wants to buy an item that supports the welfare of the game in order to skip the game play, go for it.

I would say that 500 Zen for a single character sounds decent enough. Maybe 1k for a faction unlock and perhaps 2k Zen for an account unlock which would allow any faction, KDF, Rom, Dominion, or any of the various Feds to get to the cap. No ships, no gear but maybe a single use retrain token per character to help with potential mistakes made, I could see this being something some players would jump on.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    I think it's not such a bad idea... Only individually, sold for 1000 zen. The effort to make a character level 65 is not really a 500 zen effort. And this is coming from a guy who took 10 characters to top end... by hand.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    casualsto wrote: »
    I think it's not such a bad idea... Only individually, sold for 1000 zen. The effort to make a character level 65 is not really a 500 zen effort. And this is coming from a guy who took 10 characters to top end... by hand.

I have some characters that I never bothered with the crafting on or the Rep systems. I would like to max those out, but I can't be bothered with all of hte pointing and clicking. A token or something once completed on one character, even if it is C-Store, would motivate me to buy, if the price was right.
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I think a rep system buyout for 2000 zen or a crafting system buyout for 1500 zen or a specialization system buyout for 3000 zen would be a good idea. I am basing those prices on similar skill line buyouts in other games.
  • Options
    syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    There are plenty of exp boosts, consultants, research lab project, doffing, admiralty, getting to lvl 65 is not hard using them with bonus exp event. Hard part is the 190 spec points. They need to just sell promotion spec points that don't count to your total so they count be exploited for a dill reward but give you a level/spec point. With a annoyingly slow tfo queue system, red alerts that gave bonus exp removed and made an event trying to obtain the spec points is a discouraging task.
  • Options
    americanbamf#5789 americanbamf Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    in due time im sure they will work towards all of that even a instant level boost to max level 65 i know i have played a few mmos that do in fact give that option in their store that allows you to go to max level but only if your like below level 50-55 then you can but otherwise you can't and i would love to see a buyout either per character or account wide buyout were you could just max out all your rep,specialization,crafting etc i mean they want our money anyways so why not give us the consumers what we want ? lol right but for real though something tells me in due time they will be working towards that as the game is trending more towards that .
  • Options
    yougetbanned#1188 yougetbanned Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    6k zen for a max level char? Have you heard of Jem'hadar? They come combat ready just by creating them (at lvl 60). Put the BOFFs on temporal ground abilities, apply some account unlocks (optional) and you are good.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    6k zen for a max level char? Have you heard of Jem'hadar? They come combat ready just by creating them (at lvl 60). Put the BOFFs on temporal ground abilities, apply some account unlocks (optional) and you are good.

Carry on necro ing threads and you might live up to your name LOL
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    GUARDIANS OF THIS REALM I CALL UPON THEE TO UNLEASH A HOLY PHOTON AT THIS ZOMBIE
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    BEGONE NECROMANCY!
    *casts Holy Photon Torpedo*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.