test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

KDF Characters No Longer Have Access to TFO's After Today's Patch

jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
This affects 4 of my Klingon aligned characters. Mark Chang, Albino Dino, Wynter, and Salem. Before today's patch, I had no issues opening up the TFO menu, selecting a TFO, and playing through it fine. Now, on those 4 characters specifically, the TFO menu/UI pops up, but it is empty! I can't even play a random TFO. For some reason, my Orion and Jem'Hadar from the same faction, are unaffected.

Comments

• Options
    rick4003rick4003 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same, I also can not complete or drop promotion to lvl 65 mission.
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    I had this on an old KDF toon from way back, (like 2012 or 2013), when there was no KDF tutorial. I went back to the very beginning of the episodes page, and did the very first one, about notifying next of kin, blah blah. When I finished that, I had access to the TFO queues again.

Apparently some codemonkey forgot to grandfather in the pre-tutorial KDF toons. Alarming at first, but easily remedied by just doing that one old mission.
  • Options
    wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    Same here. My KDF character is level 65, but I cannot play any TFOs (including the one in event interface). The main TFO screen just lists no TFOs.

On the Event screen, it says I cannot do TFO until I have completed Tutortial. My character is level 65! Tutorial should not be a requirement for max level chars!
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    How do you start the Klingon tutorial as a lvl 65 character? I dont see any missions in episode list labeled as tutorial. It seems I need to do this now due to the bug with new patch or I wont be able to do TFOs anymore (STO has not yet acknowledged this issue in the forums).
  • Options
    I found it. It is just the first Klingon mention on the Empire tab, "Duties of Command". After I finished that I could select TFOs again. Mission takes about 5-10 minutes.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    I found it. It is just the first Klingon mention on the Empire tab, "Duties of Command". After I finished that I could select TFOs again. Mission takes about 5-10 minutes.

I will give that a try over the weekend.
  • Options
    minerkminerk Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    I had this on an old KDF toon from way back, (like 2012 or 2013), when there was no KDF tutorial. I went back to the very beginning of the episodes page, and did the very first one, about notifying next of kin, blah blah. When I finished that, I had access to the TFO queues again.

Worked for me. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    You may also find if you have the TFO bug that trying to use items such a temporal research assignment for doffing will tell you that you need to be level 11 to use them despite being level 65 and having all doff commendations at level 4.

Another fine job of coding.
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • Options
    charlie902charlie902 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have had the same issue of not being able to play tfo's on my kdf tac. I did what wraithmeister said and now have access to the TFO menu screen and options again.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,986 Arc User

Thanks, this worked for me as well. Now my TFO menu actually has things on it :smile:

Seems that I have a few KDF characters that pre-date the mission.