test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server instability?

theantisainttheantisaint Member Posts: 170 Arc User
Getting booted multiple times. Anyone else having this issue?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    antiquesroadshowantiquesroadshow Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    It's been happening to me for 30 min.
  • Options
    vieth1vieth1 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    I keep getting "Connection to server timed out" after I log in...I'm in for about 3 minutes, then it drops me.
  • Options
    denial#6763 denial Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Keep disconnecting :/
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    Gee patch day issues when a lot of new content goes live (probably causing more people to log in - many who may not have for awhile - who'd have thunk it possible? ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    Gee patch day issues when a lot of new content goes live (probably causing more people to log in - many who may not have for awhile - who'd have thunk it possible? ;)

Been playing for 7 years. This has never happened to me. So it's not as common as you may think.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    Its pretty common actually. Just because it never happened to you doesn't mean it never happened to anyone else.

Its actually a pretty common complaint on a major content drop day. Most likely caused by the dramatic increase in traffic with more people logging in than on the average day.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Its pretty common actually. Just because it never happened to you doesn't mean it never happened to anyone else.

Its actually a pretty common complaint on a major content drop day. Most likely caused by the dramatic increase in traffic with more people logging in than on the average day.

Well it must not be common today. Cause just me and one other guy has posts about it. With very few replies.
  • Options
    alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Hard crashed while in First City (had to turn off my computer at the wall socket to clear it), and disconnected several times once I relogged. The person in the team I was in also got hit by a disconnection.

I also noticed the Tailor wasn't loading in properly (at least it wasn't for me), no background just the infinite blue void of a missing layer... which strangely was affected by changing the lighting.
  • Options
    Well it must not be common today. Cause just me and one other guy has posts about it. With very few replies.

Cryptic has been working on lag problems, and is still gathering data from players on where the bottlenecks are. Its possible that that is contributing to the decline in complaints on the forums. On the other hand... it is a work day in the US (Corona aside), so its possible not everyone who usually reports this is on yet. Day is still young on the West Coast, only about 1:11 PM right now.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,368 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Happened a lot on one account earlier. About half an hour later, I tried another account, and did the TFO. Later I'll go back to that first account, set things up, and try one of the new episodes (I was just about to start one when it dropped me for the fourth or fifth time, and I went to do other stuff for a while - got chores, had to update Fallout 76 (speaking of unstable servers), dogs needed petting, you know the drill).
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I had no problems today playing the content for the RA suit. Though I think I'm going to go with doing two patrols. Them together is less time than the episode (though I liked the episode)

But I play over multiple accounts for events, so the patrols it is.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Dabo
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,479 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Dabo

*crash*
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms ttrouter [192.168.1.1]
    2 * * * Request timed out.
    3 10 ms 8 ms 9 ms ae54-ner002.csm.as13285.net [78.144.1.19]
    4 23 ms 15 ms 11 ms ae54-scr101.loh.as13285.net [78.144.1.18]
    5 14 ms 13 ms 14 ms akamai.prolexic.com [195.66.224.31]
    6 12 ms 12 ms 12 ms po110.bs-a.sech-lon2.netarch.akamai.com [72.52.60.192]
    7 14 ms 13 ms 13 ms a72-52-1-187.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [72.52.1.187]
    8 13 ms 13 ms 14 ms ae120.access-a.sech-lon2.netarch.akamai.com [72.52.60.197]
    9 86 ms 90 ms 106 ms 93.191.173.11
    10 91 ms 92 ms 91 ms a209-200-147-156.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [209.200.147.156]
    11 102 ms 96 ms 97 ms 198.49.243.237
    12 92 ms 92 ms 94 ms patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.184.200]

Games been painful. I was wondering if the new content was more rubberbanding and engine stalls
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,368 Arc User
    Note what's happening when your ping suddenly jumps. It's not Cryptic - in this case, at least.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    I'm attributing the rubberbanding today to the increase in traffic since its day one of a major content drop. We usually get more on these days. Did get more than I usually get, but... again... new content = more players. *shrug*
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    STO

Servers
    Temporarily
    Mm5NeXy.gif
This discussion has been closed.