test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Not able to promote fleet members anymore.

hawksytshawksyts Member Posts: 52 Arc User
As for some reason i can't promote the right fleet member anymore. Even if they stand in front of me. The game promotes another char of that account instead of the one in font of me. PLease fix this issue that is as old as the game.

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    Promoting Fleet members on console has always been broken.
    For it to work, you need to be in the same map and in a Team/Party with the player.
    If you use the fleet roster, nothing but errors seem to happen as the game tries to promote another character instead, or just outright refuses saying that another character is a higher rank than you - even if you're the fleet leader!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • americanbamf#5789 americanbamf Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    hawksyts wrote: »
    As for some reason i can't promote the right fleet member anymore. Even if they stand in front of me. The game promotes another char of that account instead of the one in font of me. PLease fix this issue that is as old as the game.

the trick to it is two ways of it to work as a work around : 1 is have someone else in fleet promote them that have proper permissions and of high enough rank and have the person that wants their character promoted be on the exact character to be promoted or
    2: have the person you want to promote that has more than one character in fleet to log onto the exact character they want to be promoted and meet up on the same map face to face and promote them otherwise you will get the promotion bug/error you can't do it any other way if they are on any other character besides the one they want promoted it will give you a error because the others have been promoted already. i do it all the time this way if or when i make new characters i keep .
    mind you that they have to be on that exact character at the exact same time the person that is to promote them for it to work .small price to pay but it works
  • nabreus1985nabreus1985 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    So just to clarify... the person with the highest permission, can promote the other character that’s needed a promotion, but they need to be in a team while they do it?