test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New "Angel's Wake" lockbox and Ba'ul Sentry ship "revealed"

thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
There was an official tweet that has now been removed about the lockbox, and people just discovered this:
In this amazing video by ZEFilms, take a look at the upcoming Ba'ul Sentry Vessel, part of the Angel's Wake Lock Box. You can find out more information on this ship here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sbWyzDCn4Y

Edit: here is the blog:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11465833-the-angel's-wake-lock-box

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Here is the preview video made by ZEFilms from today's livestream:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/660577148?t=00h58m20s

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Here is the preview video made by ZEFilms from today's livestream:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/660577148?t=00h58m20s

Wow.. they did a great job on that.. looks amazing!
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    Well, the deployed mode has sparked my buildcraft curiosity:
    Anchored Space Trait.
    Turtle Starship Trait
    Cardassian Support Platforms.
    Bio-Molecular Shield Generator Active Trait.
    Rally Point Marker (if Command).

It really does reignite my desire for a 'deployable' architype of ships: "Artillery Cruiser", "Logistics Vessel", "Destroyer"(rework 'modes' to be a fundamental part of the architype), etc.
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Looks interesting, I'm very curious about it's stats and mechanics.
  • Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    I kinda hope it will be something new in terms of mechanics.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    There was an official tweet that has now been removed about the lockbox, and people just discovered this:
    In this amazing video by ZEFilms, take a look at the upcoming Ba'ul Sentry Vessel, part of the Angel's Wake Lock Box. You can find out more information on this ship here:

The "Year Of The Klingon" is really going gangbusters...so much new Klingon content...oh, wait...
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options

The "Year Of The Klingon" is really going gangbusters...so much new Klingon content...oh, wait...

The YOK literally hasn't started yet. It will start whenever it's first content is actually released (not previewed in streams and blogs and tweets) and will last a "year" (give or take) starting from that actual release date.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,800 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Dumb lockbox.

We're weaponising Katra stones now? Just when things couldn't get more ridiculous with players stealing life essence, using dark matter or assimilating anything they come across.

And did we really need more Pahvo crystal-like spam? Or yet another Antiproton weapon boosting console? Or more cooldown reducers?

More unoriginal, unnecessary boosts, more ridiculous monetising of stuff that starfleet and alliance captains are * not * supposed to use (as a weapon), if the actual stories that all this stuff is based on would be worth something to whomever comes up with these ideas.

The only things appreciable here are the vanity shield and the ship.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    IMO they missed the opportunity to include the Red Angel suit into the box rather than making it a grindfest. The intel ship only has some great looks but not sure about stats until they release I might change my mind.

The whole box seems another money grab and just an addition of smaller shinies. I do not see so far anything spectacular and so far....

temp-3502.png​​
  • Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    IMO they missed the opportunity to include the Red Angel suit into the box rather than making it a grindfest.​​

Free stuff is free stuff.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    IMO they missed the opportunity to include the Red Angel suit into the box rather than making it a grindfest. The intel ship only has some great looks but not sure about stats until they release I might change my mind.

The whole box seems another money grab and just an addition of smaller shinies. I do not see so far anything spectacular and so far....

temp-3502.png​​

So on one hand you complain that the lockbox is a money grab, on the other hand, you want some significant item to be in the lockbox rather than being a grindfest?

You have to decide - either you grind for stuff in-game, or you buy stuff with money. Cryptic is not going to give away everything for doing or paying nothing.

The Red Angel suite seems to have required a lot of work - it makes sense that it would become a "grindfest", because that way pretty much everyone can get it just by playing the game.

And by the way... Cryptic is trying to make money with STO. And lockbox have been a part of that for many years ow. The term "money grab" is kinda meaningless here. If they didn't want to make money with STO, they wouldn't make STO.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    redwatchmanredwatchman Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    IMO they missed the opportunity to include the Red Angel suit into the box rather than making it a grindfest. ​

The events for the past year have hardly been anything that qualifies for the word "grindfest." Let's not throw that word around willy nilly. Look at dilithium, or seasonal event currency, or omega particles, or any of the events in past years. Or look at other games like the SWTOR events that have currencies or reputations, or any of the DCUO events.

The new system for STO event prizes is great. It takes around 15 minutes per day, 15 to 20 times over a month. And the bigger events have multiple options for getting credit so you can have variety for getting your credit. I love STO's event prize system so much after having experiences other games and past STO events. These event prizes are as close to an anti-grind as you can get without being given away for nothing or no effort 1-time mission rewards.
  • Options
    IMO they missed the opportunity to include the Red Angel suit into the box rather than making it a grindfest.

The good news is you don't have to grind for it. There will be a buyout option.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,327 Arc User
    More info about content of the box:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11465833

For me i usually only look at new kit modules, but t.b.h. these don't hit a soft spot for me.
    Universal Kit Module - Ba’ul Drone
    Deploys a Ba'ul Drone. This drone is designed to suppress Foes, engaging them in melee and restraining them with shackles that Hold them. After being Held, a Foe is immune to the shackles for a period of time. The drone is more fragile than most, but can easily be replaced -- when it is destroyed, most of the remaining Recharge time is refunded.

Career Kit Modules

Engineering Kit Module – Shield Reinforcement Network IV
    Deploys a Turret that protects allies around it. Allies in the area and who enter after receive temporary Health via a protective shield bubble. The amount of Health improves based on how many allies are affected, and though the bubble's strength is fixed once it forms, allies in the area at formation receive the benefit of each other’s presence.

Science Kit Module – Temporal Anomaly Containment IV
    Deploys a Turret that tractors a targeted Foe toward itself and Taunts it. If the Foe dies during the effect, the Turret will select a new target on its own.

Tactical Kit Module – Tactical EMP Bombardment IV
    Bombards target area with EMP charges from orbit, devastating machine and incorporeal Foes and disabling the mechanical abilities of all Foes in the area of the blasts.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I was secretly hoping the next lockbox was going to be a Picard themed box with Oh's Romulan dreadnaught as the grand prize. I suppose they released this year's Romulan ship already. Why should we get a ship that the players have been asking for when we can get a ship that no one has asked for.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    The Ba'ul Obelisk Universal Module, seems like it's the Crystal Prism Universal Module in disguise.

Ba'ul Drones, oh goody did we tire of KITT already?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Ba'ul ship looks nice, like a finely cut gemstone.

Not a fan of the stationary thing though as losing mobility in most games including STO isn't fun and is quite dangerous.

If they're after expanding STO gameplay, through a new ship ability though, there's a ton of ways to do that and then port it to some existing ships, like hotswapping between deployed pets as shuttles, or separated ship parts, and so on.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    The new paridigm I've been saying is that the only ships for the Lobi Store that will be produced are the T6 Upgrades to T5 Ships already there. Not much left to do, Hirogen and maybe the Obelisk.

And now for your continued amusement, they'll occasionally put a Promotion Ship in there for 1,200 Lobi List (sale at 960) during a Sale Weekend. Can use existing ships to generate interest in the Lobi Ship Store to Infinity and Beyond.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    Oh, and if they have a Zen Charge Bonus next week to coincide with Key Sales and the new Lockbox you have confirmation of what generates more income, Lockboxes/Keys or 29,500/12,000 Zen Ship Bundles.

None for Stealing Time Bundle, Legendary Romulan Bundle, or Legendary Federation Bundle Rerun.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Dumb lockbox.

We're weaponising Katra stones now? .
    That was the MOST hilarious description for a weapon EVER. We are in the STO's futuristic vision and we went back to caveman times by using "Katra Stones" for real ROFL.pig-1.gif​​
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    Dumb lockbox.

We're weaponising Katra stones now? .
    That was the MOST hilarious description for a weapon EVER. We are in the STO's futuristic vision and we went back to caveman times by using "Katra Stones" for real ROFL.pig-1.gif​​

What? You don't like the idea of a Vulcan Surak Weapon? ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Nice to see a Universal console with bonus AP Damage, I like that. The Ba’ul Obelisk kit has my interest as well.. could be really cool in premade runs combined with the Crystal Prisms.

The ship looks cool, but I'm not a fan of heavy science ships so I'll be interested to see the overall stats on it. If it ends up being a box that's mostly for Science Oriented captains though, I'm good with that. I'm definitely a tactical oriented player.. but honestly.. we have enough stuff.. time to spread it around a bit.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    qwe456345qwe456345 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Hmm, the ship, Vanity Shield, and Obelisk module all seem very interesting to me
  • Options
    antiquesroadshowantiquesroadshow Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    The #1 thing I hate about this game is the "Promo Pack" lockbox ships. Fun locked behind a Lockbox gambling paywall. That's what I tell all my friends who want to play. I say, "Your not getting that cool ship unless you gamble." That keeps them away. Which is something I don't want. But Perfect World wants.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    The #1 thing I hate about this game is the "Promo Pack" lockbox ships. Fun locked behind a Lockbox gambling paywall. That's what I tell all my friends who want to play. I say, "Your not getting that cool ship unless you gamble." That keeps them away. Which is something I don't want. But Perfect World wants.

Unfortunately you are not being honest with your friends, because I have a dozen or more lockbox/promo ships and have never gambled to get them.

It's been said by myself and others many times before, but every one of these ships are for sale on the exchange. Yes, they are expensive; but you can get all the EC you need buy either buying zen OR grinding zen, then buying things like keys or promo packs to sell on the exchange.

Now don't get me wrong; I would prefer they simply sell all of these ships in the C-store. But telling people that the ONLY way to get them is by gambling(or to quote you "your not getting that cool ship UNLESS you gamble") is straight up not true.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,517 Arc User

Besides what TGN said, some "cool ships" like the TOS and Discovery Connies, TOS and Picard T'Liss, etc. ARE now being sold in the C-Store now and then, as the Federation Legendary Bundle and the Legendary T'Liss.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/10th_Anniversary_Legendary_Starship_Bundles

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Legendary_Romulan_Captain_Bundle

You can't buy them every day, but they appear every so often.

This discussion has been closed.