test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Blue Screen of Death and Leaver Penalty

Upon entering a TFO, STO crashes and PlayStation gives blue screen of death. Once game is restarted, the toon is dressed in his or her first uniform. Leaver penalty for 30 minutes prevents accessing all other TFO'S. My fleet and I have asked for a workaround that cancels the leaver penalty until this issue is resolved.

Comments

• Options
    americanbamf#5789 americanbamf Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Upon entering a TFO, STO crashes and PlayStation gives blue screen of death. Once game is restarted, the toon is dressed in his or her first uniform. Leaver penalty for 30 minutes prevents accessing all other TFO'S. My fleet and I have asked for a workaround that cancels the leaver penalty until this issue is resolved.

save your breathe its like you know what in the wind because i been getting it regularly for last two days and been going on for years now they do not intend to fix the errors its like two to three different ones you will get but just report the bugs until it overloads their server with so many bug reports and maybe they will stop being lazy and fix it but i been saying this for years no fix im tired of actually talking about it because im use to getting blue screened 3 or more times a day but last two days its been like over 15 to 20 times so im with you on that last two days is enough to actually say something i can deal with it if its fewer than 6 times a day but over 15-20 in 24/48 hours is just frelling nuts how you suppose to do anything with that kind of instability ? they need to fix it . oh and fyi to devs or anyone who actually reads these i can and will if need be supply you with the error codes got a heap of those i can conjure up for you
  • Options
    millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    I too am having issues getting into TFOs, and also just logging in, without the game crashing into the PS4 blue screen throughout the last day or two. Considering how much I've spent already... I'm a little miffed at how the game is so buggy. I didn't know I was paying for something so unreliable. :-(
  • Options
    siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    The netcode has no way to no if the disconnect happened due to a legit error or you pulled the plug yourself. So unless you want people to leave without penalty by just closing their program and leaving you to try to do the quest short handed...I suggest you try to not get what you are asking for.

So you're saying that it's better to punish random innocents than to let a guilty person get away with it?
    That sounds awfully like "guilty until (and even after) proven innocent" to me.
  • Options
    flimjam#3426 flimjam Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    I believe a lot of this happening recently is due to the universal endeavor Days of Doom, which does cause the game to crash from time to time. If one or more people queue for this TFO, the algorithm will find others in a random queue to fill the missing spots on the team. When 5 total are found, Days of Doom tries to start and usually a few will crash. When you restart and re-log, you can't get back into Days of Doom because someone else was given your spot. You're officially back where you started, but with a 30 minute AFK penalty. Once this endeavor expires, it should help a little.
  • Options
    millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    I believe a lot of this happening recently is due to the universal endeavor Days of Doom, which does cause the game to crash from time to time. If one or more people queue for this TFO, the algorithm will find others in a random queue to fill the missing spots on the team. When 5 total are found, Days of Doom tries to start and usually a few will crash. When you restart and re-log, you can't get back into Days of Doom because someone else was given your spot. You're officially back where you started, but with a 30 minute AFK penalty. Once this endeavor expires, it should help a little.

The Days of Doom Universal was definitely a big problem until I was lucky enough to get into it... then I had no idea how to use the warp cores, because I didn't know if dropping/shooting it into the Machine's mouth was a rotational-dial power (like the asteroids in another battlezone/TFO thing) or what. And since the "push X to do something" thingy doesn't come up when you have something on target or are being attacked... I was flying around with it for super long, not contributing... and looking very very stupid.

The menus, controls, and interface are so PS4 Controller unfriendly and counter-intuitive, if this game wasn't Star Trek based, no one would put up with it. But since it is Star Trek, here I am throwing money at it. LOL! Here's hoping it gets better.