test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Deflector & 2ndary Deflector - need recommends

tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
I am working towards a Colony Deflector but that's a ways off.

till then need some recs on a rep deflector and a secondary deflector...

Current ship gear Rep:
Competitive Rep Engines
Gamma Core
Competitive Rep Shields

For deflector I am torn between the 3 set bonus for Competitive Deflector or 2 set bonus for Gamma. But is there something I am over looking?

Not sure what type of 2ndary deflector I should get... Fleet? Competitive? or Craft one? The dmg boost ones are all dots after a fixed time... seems pointlesss to me since most things die before it takes effect.

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    I usually go for the mission reward Solane Deflector for Science boats, due to its high EPG, if not using the Colony Deflector, but I've heard the Gamma Rep Deflector Re-Engineered for more Science is good too.

For Secondary, just a Mk II crafted one gives you good chance to hit Epic by Mk XV when upgrading via something like an Omega. For the Deteriorating secondary deflectors, the level scaling makes XV a huge jump over lower Marks. The Fleet extra mods don't do much from what I've seen, really low percentage for things like energy or torp damage, so skipping them for an easier chance at Epic (small difference, but still useful mod pair) and probably saving you Dil in the process makes the most sense.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,988 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    If you're going science, the Bajor Defense deflector can be re-engineered to all Control/EPG/Drain stats (nothing is wasted; the "baked in" stats are all Control and Drain). It comes out a little better than the Solanae (which last I checked is not re-engable).

I took your advice and tried the Bajor Defense deflector. When re-engineered it's amazing and can be made to give lots of Control X, Drain X, or EPG to complete a build. Seems to be a great choice for science orientated deflectors to the extent I'm using it on several toons now.

LtaXjfB.jpg
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I can't give a good answer here without knowing what science powers constitute the core of your build. The competitive deflector isn't great for science, neither is the set bonus good, as far as I can read it. The gamma deflector is better, at least for certain builds, but the set bonus is only nice to have.

For secondary, you first have to decide what kind of deflector fits your build, deteriorating or inhibiting. I doubt you'd want the resonating or Solonae deflectors but they are the other options obviously. Now while that damage they do may not always apply, there are those times it will work and that is extra damage, quite significant damage with enough EPG.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Sci build whats that? =) All kidding aside, I dont really do sci builds... I am very casual and am generally focused on Red Line using Beams (or with turrets). I dont like flying around trying to get that 45 degree firing angle for dual cannons.

Only offensive sci powers I really use is grav well and tractor repulsors... maybe a rift or siphon. Dont really fly sci ships outside of griding em for the trait and bank/discard.

once I finish grinding em on their regular ships... may start grinding T6 allied ships to tier 5 just to they say complete when in dock... incomplete tag just bothers me.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    If beams are your thing (or mixed builds with some science) the Colony intervention deflector really seems to add some zing to things.

Another suggestion would be to use the 2 piece competitive rep engines and shield you already have and add a Spire elite fleet plasma integrated warp core to help feed those beams (either W->A or W->E) for some extra EPS and weapons power cost reduction.

KQRi3sm.jpg
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Sci build whats that? =) All kidding aside, I dont really do sci builds... I am very casual and am generally focused on Red Line using Beams (or with turrets). I dont like flying around trying to get that 45 degree firing angle for dual cannons.

Only offensive sci powers I really use is grav well and tractor repulsors... maybe a rift or siphon. Dont really fly sci ships outside of griding em for the trait and bank/discard.

once I finish grinding em on their regular ships... may start grinding T6 allied ships to tier 5 just to they say complete when in dock... incomplete tag just bothers me.

Well if you're not interested in actually playing science builds, then it doesn't matter what you use. Get yourself whatever secondary deflector you happen to have, or even none at all, and grind the ship, then move to the next. The ship grind is so fast and easy it won't make a difference.
  • Options
    redrum2#3381 redrum2 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    How does one get a gravity well of 14 km radius? Currently I am using bajoran deflector with epgx4 and a crafted inhibiting defleector with epgx3 and controlx3.

Is a deterior deflector better than inhibiting? Is delayed damage better than damage applied now?
    Right now my gravity wells are 4000 kinetic damage with a .4 repel. But the radius is only 11.1 km. How can I improve this?
  • Options
    400 control x will get you a 12 km radius from gravity well III
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Lets see. Seeing as mine are only 11.1, how can you boost it up more? Is that affected by pure EPG? I am going for maximum EPG damage. I run all the standard bonus epg consoles, a crafted particle console with i think 78 epg and fleet consoles with epg and control. I have a epic rcs with epg as well. I run the plasma storm and cascade console.

emergency to aux as well.
  • Options
    You're so close to maximum radius. Just add a little more Control X as that's what affects your radius. With my ship set to "support" mode for +40 Cx and consoles and re-engineered deflector boosting Cx over EPG am just over 400 Cx and can confirm 12 km radius and a tad more pull than what you stated. Am using temporal primary spec for the extra EPG and also use EPtAux. I prefer deteriorating secondary deflectors as I get more things to proc it... tachyon beam, charged particle burst, destabilized resonance beam...

8uz8LLd.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    So I may have too much EPG. The damage off the gravity wells is 4000, about almost 2000 more than yours. hmmm. SO if i take off epg and add control, i will lose the kinetic damage part of the gravity well but i will gain radius and pull..

Can you break down your consoles and traits,bridge officer abilities, duty officers??Also what did you reroll your deflector for?

Also use alot of temporal abilities, no tachyon beams or charged bursts.

MOstly subspace votex, delayed cascade, gravity wells, and temporal with miracle worker secondary.

My end game was the temporal shld and warp core, copetitive eng and bajoran warp core.

Which warp core and engines are you using also?

• Options
    This is just my 'covid' science toon who's a little over 60 days old. Nothing here is exactly right but the end product is a nice vacuum cleaner to farm certain maps that seems to work fine for that without breaking the bank and is lots of fun. There's still lot of things to fine tune and experiment with :smile:

My skill tree

Gravimetric Torp, Particle Emission Plasma Torp (forward), Neutronic Torp (3 pc set) (rear), chronometric calculations set (3 pc set) (mission) to fill in.

Bajor Deflector (re-engineered) [CtrlX/EPG] [CtrlX]x3 [EPG] (+21.3 EPG, +74.4 Cx, +31.9 Dx), 2 piece Temporal Engines and Warp Core, Iconian Shield, Deteriorating Secondary Deflector [CtrlX]x2 [EPG/ShdHeal] [EPG] [SA+Dmg]

Eng: DPRM, Timeline Stabilizer, Conductive RCS Mk XV UR [CtrlX] (+37.5 Cx)

Sci: 3x Restorative Particle Focuser [CtrlX/EPG] Mk XV UR (+37.5 EPG, +25 Cx), 2x Exotic Particle Focuser Mk XV UR (same specs)

Tac: Delphic Tear Generator, Bio-Neural Gel Pack (3 pc set), Chronometric Capacitor (+37.5 EPG, + 25% Torp Dmg, +25% polaron dmg) (3 pc set)

Space Traits: Conservation of Energy, Particle Manipulator, Inspirational Leader, Psychological Warfare

Starship Traits: Checkmate, Particle Feedback Loop, AHOD, Improved Gravity Well

Rep Traits: Precision, Advanced Targeting Systems, Nukara Tier 4 Auxiliary Power Offensive and Defensive traits, Torpedo Astrometric Synergy

Active Duty Doffs: 2x Conn Officer (TT variant) VR, 2x DCE (EPtX) VR, Gravimetric Scientist VR (aftershock GW)

T: TT1, TS2, TS3
    T: Channeled Deconstruction 1, Entropic Redistribution 2
    E: EptS1, EPtA2, A2Sif2
    S: HE1
    S: TachyonBeam1, Delayed Overload Cascade2, DSR2, GW3 (also using DSR1, SSV3)
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    If you're going science, the Bajor Defense deflector can be re-engineered to all Control/EPG/Drain stats (nothing is wasted; the "baked in" stats are all Control and Drain). It comes out a little better than the Solanae (which last I checked is not re-engable).

that's what I did for my intrepid build. with no fleet gear and the bajor deflector, Control is @ 225, drain 202 EPG @ 480. with the solenae control drops to 193, drain 170 and epg 469
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    So I may have too much EPG. The damage off the gravity wells is 4000, about almost 2000 more than yours. hmmm. SO if i take off epg and add control, i will lose the kinetic damage part of the gravity well but i will gain radius and pull..

Can you break down your consoles and traits,bridge officer abilities, duty officers??Also what did you reroll your deflector for?

Also use alot of temporal abilities, no tachyon beams or charged bursts.

MOstly subspace votex, delayed cascade, gravity wells, and temporal with miracle worker secondary.

My end game was the temporal shld and warp core, copetitive eng and bajoran warp core.

Which warp core and engines are you using also?

I'd try to include something like Destabilizing Resonance Beam or other boff ability to proc your secondary deflector. That is one big proc and would be one of a science ship's major sources of damage.
  • Options
    DRB, subspace vortex, GW III and I think Tachyon beam in my build. I get the TB is not going to do much because nil drain, but it should help proc the deflector
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    I have went full epg and control. I have now reached 12 km gravity wells with 4, 372 kinetic damage.

I am using the Temporal shield and warp core, a crafted deflector and bolstered competitive engines.the science version)
    I use borg doffs to improve DOT and exotic damage, 1 for temporal and eng cooldowns, 1 for temporal and sci cooldowns,
    1 for deflector cooldowns, 1 for extra gravity wells

Using Saboteur beam and kreiger wave weapons with martok beam and crafted disrupter omnis.

All bonus EPG damage consoles with a Subatomic Cascade, plasma storm, assimilated module, and all science consoles with 78 epg and fleet ones with 39.9 epg and 28 control( 2 are restorative and 2 are the other type based off of using epg to increase epg damage.

I have seen my repel as high as .55 with 8000 kinetic damage.

What other combinations of shield, deflector and warp cores and engines can be obtained to reach peak damage and control?

• Options
    I am using the Temporal shield and warp core, a crafted deflector and bolstered competitive engines.the science version)

What other combinations of shield, deflector and warp cores and engines can be obtained to reach peak damage and control?

I think you have arrived unless a re-engineered Bajor deflector does better stat wise than your crafted one. The 3 piece Temporal space set gives you +20 each Control and Drain. The Counter-Command reputation deflector as well as 2 piece KHG set both give increased torpedo damage but you'll lose some exotic stats.
    Using Saboteur beam and kreiger wave weapons with martok beam and crafted disrupter omnis.

Have you tried the 3 piece Chronometric Calculations Set? The matching beam array, omni, and tactical console (Chronometric Capacitor +37.5 EPG, + 25% Torp Dmg, +25% polaron dmg) that also gives + Aux Pwr and a exotic damage clicky is pretty nice.
  • Options
    The deflector is a bajoran EPG x4. I was referring to the secondary deflector that is crafted and epicd out. It gives 15.9 epg+ 10.9 control+ 15.9 epg+ 10.9 control + 10.9 control with the SA+damage modifier. I like this one because it seems to do the most overall stand alone damage. I would have to see about if adding the temporal piece( I.E a temp deflector or engines) would add to the epg and control and if it was worth it.

The Chronometric is certainly a build i was looking to add to being its polaron and thus i could have a bit of drain using the morphogenic beam , a crafted polaron beam, a advanced piezo polaron beam, etc......with the regular setup, having polarons on usually have a -52 drain due to the temporal shield.
    I am not a fan of the console tho as it takes away from my main damage which is the science itself. I opted to not use torpedos as i would have to fit in a spread which in combination with the firing arc of torps would diminish your dps overall.
    Beam overload works better for me. The sabatour beam and kreiger plus martok and coalition weapons and nanite work well together to nerf resists. To take that off for the chronometric, i would lose EPG even wih the console and clicky ability i believe. I will test it out tonight.

• Options
    Torpedo's can work very well with exotic damage... PEP, Gravimetric, even Quantum Phase.

Beams take energy weapon power.

Use whatever works well for you, your play style, and the ship you're piloting though.

I'm usually in an Eternal Class Temporal Science Vessel but sometimes in other ships I throw in a beam boff ability as well when there's room.

The only change I could make with respect to the build posted above is going to TT1, APB1, TS3 with a couple of VR torpedo doffs and changing the EPtX rotation to something like ET, RSP, Aux2SIF and just run higher auxiliary power.

Secondary deflector procs seem to be way up there as far as damage is concerned.
  • Options

protoneous wrote: »
    Torpedo's can work very well with exotic damage... PEP, Gravimetric, even Quantum Phase.

Beams take energy weapon power.

Use whatever works well for you, your play style, and the ship you're piloting though.

I'm usually in an Eternal Class Temporal Science Vessel but sometimes in other ships I throw in a beam boff ability as well when there's room.

The only change I could make with respect to the build posted above is going to TT1, APB1, TS3 with a couple of VR torpedo doffs and changing the EPtX rotation to something like ET, RSP, Aux2SIF and just run higher auxiliary power.

Secondary deflector procs seem to be way up there as far as damage is concerned.

Can you explain more thoroughly TT1, APB1, TS3 and VR torpedo doffs and the eptx totation etc......im a noob man so lolol

And also what are you referring to by the secondary deflector procs.
  • Options
    Can you explain more thoroughly TT1, APB1, TS3 and VR torpedo doffs and the eptx totation etc...
    And also what are you referring to by the secondary deflector procs.
    Your secondary deflector helps with more than just stats and sensor analysis. I'm using a Deteriorating Secondary Deflector that deals radiation damage when a debuff or drain is used. This is why boff abilities such as Tachyon Beam, Charged Particle Burst, or Destabilized Resonance Beam are used... to trigger or proc the secondary deflector. When triggered the damage dealt can be significant.

As far as boff abilities go this version of emergency power to X rotation is having 2 copies of EPtX (i.e. EPtS1 and EPtA2) always up using at least 2 very rare Damage Control Engineer doffs of the EPtX variety. Do I need this on a science ship not running any beam skills and already running high aux? Perhaps not. Hence the possibility of using some alternatives like Engineering Team 1 to trigger Attrition Warfare (the cool down time is the same - 30 sec) while threatening (Strategist Spec secondary) for boff ability cool down and a hull heal, Auxiliary to Structural for yet more hull and the increase in damage resistance, and Reverse Shield Polarity for oh heck moments and shield restoration.

You can draw a lot of aggro with a 12 km radius gravity well. On Romulan and KDF characters I carry a DPRM linked to a mouse button as well. If using a beam ability I'd probably want an EPtW to go with it.

The Tactical Team 1, Attack Pattern Beta 1, Torpedo Spread 3 is just a (likely a bit superior) tactical boff layout alternative to what I'm using now (TT1, TS2, TS3) but needs 2 very rare Projectile Weapons Officer doffs to keep the torpedo spread cooled down. I just need an extra projectile doff to get this up and running as the build above is for a new toon.
  • Options
    @redrum2#3381 I would lose the competitve impulse and get the third part of the temporal set. every time you hit a "team" ability, Tac team sci team eng team you bump EPG by 40.
    If you have the TOS bridge crew, slot Spock, +10 EPG Hologram Weyoun, another +10. I think I am at 320ish control and over 4, 428 I want to say EPG without buffs like clickys or the team powers, without any fleet gear or personnel
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    Interesting tips guys. I did not know Weyhoun added +10 epg. Useful intel. I checked the stats on my ship as far as damage. With use of the support configuration, my gravity wells are at .44 repel and 4452 kinetic damage. I have seen it go as high as .61 repel and 8000+ kinetic in battle.
    I think i have come along way with the build. I pvp'd a pve er and vaporized him before i knew it. Now with the deflector as far as pvp is concerned.........i need to use abilities that proc a inhibiting deflector. From a pvp standpoint, what abilities should i be using for single target damage. Also I am using the multimission temporal vessel.
  • Options
    The wiki lists all abilities that proc the different types of secondary deflectors.

I don't know which would be best for PvP and an inhibiting deflector but perhaps start with a placate and experiment with that?

I'm sure you can slot enough science and temporal abilities to make things interesting for other players.