test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Steam Linking Temporarily Disabled

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
Greetings,

We have temporarily disabled the Steam-Arc account linking feature. Any account that was linked prior to the feature being disabled will honor that linking.

We will provide additional updates as they become available.

Comments

• Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    cue the "STO is dying because Steam says there is less players" hatred.

Honestly... Arc gives a better bonus during Zen sales and I saw no need to have both.

I use both, to be honest. Arc cards are not available where I live, so if I need to get Zen and I need to mind my credit cards, I can get Steam cards to get Zen.

Arc overlay is often unreliable for me, causing problems when clicking on the Shift key when using the overlay, which makes buying Zen a pain in the butt unless. But buying Zen with Steam only had a few hiccups since the time I originally linked my account.
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    Nope, it isn't honored at all. It claims my password is invalid and requires me to put it back into the other launcher.
  • Options
    n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Same here, still gotta log in
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • Options
    s10ecpunut#1436 s10ecpunut Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    This feature is broken, even for those who had their steam and arc accounts linked before they disabled it...
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure they disabled it because of that bug that claims the steam login is invalid.
  • Options
    edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    They haven't said they turned the feature back on yet, so I assume it's still disabled while they try to fix something.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    Mine broke almost immediately anyway. It always comes up as a wrong password or username and I have to enter it manually.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    ishigami2ishigami2 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Was or will there be any update to this?
    It has been 3 month...
  • Options
    whyyounostudy2whyyounostudy2 Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @"ambassadorkael#6946" said:
    > Greetings,
    >
    > We have temporarily disabled the Steam-Arc account linking feature. Any account that was linked prior to the feature being disabled will honor that linking.
    >
    > We will provide additional updates as they become available.

I'm really sorry I have no idea where to post this I just downloaded the game on playstation 4 and I have had 4 network crashes in game in the past 10 minutes I'm not sure what exactly the problem is but I just want to bring it to your attention because i wanna play it looks like a really fun game T.T
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    > @ambassadorkael#6946 said:
    > Greetings,
    >
    > We have temporarily disabled the Steam-Arc account linking feature. Any account that was linked prior to the feature being disabled will honor that linking.
    >
    > We will provide additional updates as they become available.

I'm really sorry I have no idea where to post this I just downloaded the game on playstation 4 and I have had 4 network crashes in game in the past 10 minutes I'm not sure what exactly the problem is but I just want to bring it to your attention because i wanna play it looks like a really fun game T.T

There are two section which to post in. There is one specifically for PS ..... PS4 GAMEPLAY BUG REPORTS
    But as you mention a networking issue there is also ..... PC, NETWORK, AND OTHER TECHNICAL ISSUES
    Both can be found under Support