test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[BUILD] Fleet Dreadnought Cruiser T6

winters83winters83 Member Posts: 486 Media Corps
Greetings, Admirals!

Welcome to Winters Budget Builds Series.

This series is intended to be a guide on how to effectively, efficiently and more importantly, build Starships on a “budget”. This is not intended to be a “min max” series by any means. The builds you will see here will show you how to create an effective build on a budget. Each video will cover all aspects of the build, Weapons, Equipment, Consoles, Skill Tree, Traits, Boff Abilities, Doffs, Specializations, etc. For each video I will also have the build replicated on STO Academy so that players can view the builds in detail and review them when needed.

Near the end of each video I will also demonstrate the builds in a Patrol so that viewers can see the build in action. I have chosen this over “Infected: The Conduit - Advanced” as the outcome of that TFO can be affected by the team that you are with. Whereas playing a patrol, you can see how the build performs in a single player environment. Every player, new and veteran, will find this series a valuable source of information. You may even learn something new!

If you have any requests for a particular ship that you would like to see, please leave a comment stating the request and “if” I have the ship, I will endeavor to do a video for that ship.

Fleet Dreadnought Cruiser T6

Subscribe to channel: Winters Gaming
Twitter: @P1Winters83
Twitch Channel: Winters1983
Armada Website: www.priorityonearmada.com​​
Twitter: @P1Winters83 YouTube: WintersGaming
=/\= ========================================== =/\=
Fleet Admiral Winters - Priority One Armada
U.S.S. Wolverine - NCC 831216
Armada Leader // Executive Producer // Host // Priority One Podcast

Comments

• winters83winters83 Member Posts: 486 Media Corps
    westmetals wrote: »
    Request: "For each video I will also have the build replicated on STO Academy so that players can view the builds in detail and review them when needed."

Link please?

It's in the "description" of the video itself. Just view on YouTube and scroll down a little. :smile:

-Winters
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    winters83 wrote: »
    Request: "For each video I will also have the build replicated on STO Academy so that players can view the builds in detail and review them when needed."

Link please?

It's in the "description" of the video itself. Just view on YouTube and scroll down a little. :smile:

-Winters

Problem being that clicking on the video link here does not redirect to YouTube. It plays the video inside the Arc forum interface and the YouTube comments aren't visible.

Clip the video while it is playing and it should open in Youtube.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,788 Arc User
    It wasn't so much "wanting to see the link without watching the video", but rather that it's possible to watch the video without going to YouTube (where the link is), but thank you. (In fact, I still haven't figured how to make it go to YouTube... clicking on it while playing, as was suggested, only pauses it...)

When you click on it and it plays and click it again, it pauses, but pops up the seek bar with a YouTube button. Click YouTube and it will take you to the video on YouTube.
  • redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Question. You know since you're using a double auz to bat setup, would you equip cold hearted since this was free with a ship ? It's more expensive now, but those who did the winter event would get this free and would therefore for this into their budget for free,same with the lorca set. I noticed you've got other reputation and mission set items in there also.

Question: is this the best build you can get on a budget or just your build? (No other way to word that xd 😂)

I can't help but feel nostalgic about your build. It's how we did it back in the day.
    redwren89 wrote: »
    Question. You know since you're using a double auz to bat setup, would you equip cold hearted since this was free with a ship ? It's more expensive now, but those who did the winter event would get this free and would therefore for this into their budget for free,same with the lorca set. I noticed you've got other reputation and mission set items in there also.

Question: is this the best build you can get on a budget or just your build? (No other way to word that xd 😂)

I can't help but feel nostalgic about your build. It's how we did it back in the day.

Hey @redwren89, so regarding the "Cold Hearted" Trait. Yeah that would be a good addition to the build for sure but not everyone has access to it. Starship Traits is probably the hardest thing about this series because in an ideal situation, I would prefer to use only traits that come from the Specialization System. But as I'm sure you know, earning spec points is not exactly something that you can do in a few hours. Therefore, and as I said in this video, anyone following the series will just have to use whatever is available to them.

Regarding if this is the best build one can get on a budget. As I'm sure you know, there is no "one way" to build a Starship. The way that I build and the way someone else builds can be totally different. But they can be equally effective. What I'm trying to do with this series is to show how to build an effective ship on a budget using what's available to me. So because of that I try to limit myself to mission items, fleet gear, Rep gear, etc. etc.

Anyway, thanks again for trekking out my build and for commenting. I really do appreciate your support! :smile:

-Winters
    edited May 2020

Link please?

-Winters

Problem being that clicking on the video link here does not redirect to YouTube. It plays the video inside the Arc forum interface and the YouTube comments aren't visible.

Hey @westmetals, I'm really sorry about this. I was operating under the assumption that everyone knew how to view on YouTube. So, when you click play and you mouse over the screen the "Play Bar" appears on the bottom. On the right hand side, on that bar you will see "YouTube". Simply click on that and it will bring you to the video on YouTube. Hope that helps and thanks for trekking out my build! :smile:

-Winters
    Greetings, Admirals!

This series is intended to be a guide on how to effectively, efficiently and more importantly, build Starships on a “budget”. This is not intended to be a “min max” series by any means. The builds you will see here will show you how to create an effective build on a budget. Each video will cover all aspects of the build, Weapons, Equipment, Consoles, Skill Tree, Traits, Boff Abilities, Doffs, Specializations, etc. For each video I will also have the build replicated on STO Academy so that players can view the builds in detail and review them when needed.

Near the end of each video I will also demonstrate the builds in a Patrol so that viewers can see the build in action. I have chosen this over “Infected: The Conduit - Advanced” as the outcome of that TFO can be affected by the team that you are with. Whereas playing a patrol, you can see how the build performs in a single player environment. Every player, new and veteran, will find this series a valuable source of information. You may even learn something new!

If you have any requests for a particular ship that you would like to see, please leave a comment stating the request and “if” I have the ship, I will endeavor to do a video for that ship.

I think that one of the ways in which to create a budget build is to utilise some of the items that are more current, like the Lorca set which for many, is the go-to 2 piece for extra phaser damage - available to everyone with the same accessibility as the other reputation items you've included. I couldn't help notice the plasmonic leech - as lovely as it is to have +10 weapon power, its incomparable to even the temporal disentanglement suite - another freebie.

I feel that this above approach would indeed be more effective, efficient and remain well within the realms of being on a budget. Whilst the items mentioned above do not represent a min/max approach, they do remain more effective and relevant in the current game.

Or am I getting this wrong - is the goal to create a build that does not utilise tier 5 reputation items for the sake of keeping things accessible at an earlier stage? Its only 5-10 days of extra grinding to get there so I'm not sure what the point is here.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Greetings, Admirals!

I think that one of the ways in which to create a budget build is to utilise some of the items that are more current, like the Lorca set which for many, is the go-to 2 piece for extra phaser damage - available to everyone with the same accessibility as the other reputation items you've included. I couldn't help notice the plasmonic leech - as lovely as it is to have +10 weapon power, its incomparable to even the temporal disentanglement suite - another freebie.

I feel that this above approach would indeed be more effective, efficient and remain well within the realms of being on a budget. Whilst the items mentioned above do not represent a min/max approach, they do remain more effective and relevant in the current game.

Or am I getting this wrong - is the goal to create a build that does not utilise tier 5 reputation items for the sake of keeping things accessible at an earlier stage? Its only 5-10 days of extra grinding to get there so I'm not sure what the point is here.

Couple things here..

The Temporal Disentanglement Suite scales off Aux Power. You would never want to use that console on an Aux2Bat build.

The Lorca's Ambition Set does not add any phaser damage. I do however, agree that adding in something like the Fire Control Console would be good for some extra critical chance. It's a Tactical Console though so wouldn't replace the Plasmonic in this build. Personally, if I were going for an inexpensive option, I would replace the Leech console with the Sustained Radiant Field.

While the Leech isn't a great console.. it is dirt cheap which makes it an ok choice for a starter or budget build.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    The Lorca set gives up to 25% critical damage for the 2 piece, but that means you either have to use the torpedo or the wide bank. While I personally would use the wide bank on this ship, either of those want this ship to be built differently, either using the separation console for the mobility or other sets (Which cost extra zen to get the ships with those consoles) and turn consoles.

If you don't do that stuff, you'd then ask yourself, is 25% crit damage worth the effective loss of a weapon in most cases? The Lorca console on its own is a really good console for lots of builds, though.
    Greetings, Admirals!

Couple things here..

The Temporal Disentanglement Suite scales off Aux Power. You would never want to use that console on an Aux2Bat build.

The Lorca's Ambition Set does not add any phaser damage. I do however, agree that adding in something like the Fire Control Console would be good for some extra critical chance. It's a Tactical Console though so wouldn't replace the Plasmonic in this build. Personally, if I were going for an inexpensive option, I would replace the Leech console with the Sustained Radiant Field.

While the Leech isn't a great console.. it is dirt cheap which makes it an ok choice for a starter or budget build.

What was I thinking, you're right about the temporal disentanglement suite - its rare i would ever use a dual A2bat setup myself so it was bereft of the natural thought process. I'd just stop using dual A2B and stick a photonic officer on but thats just me.

Regarding the lorca console and 2 piece: the extra crit chance, severity and weapon power will more than make up for the loss of a tac console and correct me if I'm wrong, this adds to all damage, including phasers. Replace the not-so-great leech with a dirt cheap approaching agony console, boosting phasers and crit and giving you a nice debuff/phaser damage aoe. Replace the prolonged engagement console because this is not a high accessible budget console since its phoenix box. Replace with the temporal disentanglement suite and then use photonic officer instead of those 2 auxtobattery as this will also save on technicians which are also somewhat expensive.

Then you can make up for lost weapon power with emergency power to weapons 3, reverse shield polarity 1, aux to damps 1 for that extra turn rate. And potentially, all being good and well and you already have ground out enough of the freebies, get the t6 Avenger for the EWC trait.

Enjoy.
    Greetings, Admirals!

Couple things here..

What was I thinking, you're right about the temporal disentanglement suite - its rare i would ever use a dual A2bat setup myself so it was bereft of the natural thought process. I'd just stop using dual A2B and stick a photonic officer on but thats just me.

Regarding the lorca console and 2 piece: the extra crit chance, severity and weapon power will more than make up for the loss of a tac console and correct me if I'm wrong, this adds to all damage, including phasers. Replace the not-so-great leech with a dirt cheap approaching agony console, boosting phasers and crit and giving you a nice debuff/phaser damage aoe. Replace the prolonged engagement console because this is not a high accessible budget console since its phoenix box. Replace with the temporal disentanglement suite and then use photonic officer instead of those 2 auxtobattery as this will also save on technicians which are also somewhat expensive.

Then you can make up for lost weapon power with emergency power to weapons 3, reverse shield polarity 1, aux to damps 1 for that extra turn rate. And potentially, all being good and well and you already have ground out enough of the freebies, get the t6 Avenger for the EWC trait.

Enjoy.

Some nice ideas indeed.. well said on all! :smile:
    Hey guys,

So to address some of the comments here, too many to use the "quote" feature for each one. So yes, the Temporal Disentanglement Suite never entered my mind as a possible option for the exact reason that @seaofsorrows I think said about this being an Aux2Batt build. I think it was also @seaofsorrows who said that the "Lorca's Ambition" set doesn't add phaser damage which as you all know is also correct. Sure the console does give Crit Chance and Shield Pen but I gauged that a Fleet Tactical Console was better for the increased damage. Sure it would still be a good build with it but I just decided against it. Just FYI, I do have "some" builds where I use it, this just wasn't one of them.

More specifically regarding the "Lorca's Ambition" 2 piece and the 25% Crit Damage buff. That has to be built up to 25% and only lasts for 20 seconds. You don't get an immediate passive of 25% Damage Buff unfortunately. Because of this and because the pieces just didn't seem fit with this build I decided against this console.

As for the Technicians, I didn't purchase any of these off the exchange as I mentioned in the episode. I got them all from the B'Tran cluster and as I'm sure you know, you can get all the free purple technicians as you want from there.

Regarding the Plasmonic Leech. I have to say that I am really surprised at how many players seem to not like this console. Sure it was nerffed but that doesn't mean that it is now useless. Also, it's not +10 to Weapons only! It's +0.75 to "ALL" power levels stacking 10 times. So that's 7.5 power to "ALL" power levels for a total of +30 to whichever Sub-System you want that power in. Like I have said many times before, if there was something better, I would certainly use it, or use it with the Plasmonic Leech. As they say though, each to their own. :smile:

On the subject of the Prolonged 2 piece. Yes it is 2 VR Phoenix Tokens that are needed if you are a "new player" to the game and were not around when it was "available for free" to "everyone" who played the game "at that time". This is only in my humble opinion but in my mind, there are more players in the game "who do have it" then there are who doesn't have access to it. Again, in my humble opinion. :smile: I also think that 2 VR Tokens are not that difficult to obtain so I don't see that as being much of an issue.

Okay, I think I addressed all of the concerns, sorry if I missed any. I hope that you all understand that I'm not trying to be an TRIBBLE or anything and that I really do appreciate all of your comments and feedback. As I've said before, "my way" is not the only way! I'm just trying to show an effective way to make builds that don't break the bank too much and try to help those who may not be the best at building a ship. Thanks again for trekking out my build, I really do appreciate all of your support! :smile:

-Winters
    edited May 2020
    Hey guys,

So to address some of the comments here, too many to use the "quote" feature for each one. So yes, the Temporal Disentanglement Suite never entered my mind as a possible option for the exact reason that @seaofsorrows I think said about this being an Aux2Batt build. I think it was also @seaofsorrows who said that the "Lorca's Ambition" set doesn't add phaser damage which as you all know is also correct. Sure the console does give Crit Chance and Shield Pen but I gauged that a Fleet Tactical Console was better for the increased damage. Sure it would still be a good build with it but I just decided against it. Just FYI, I do have "some" builds where I use it, this just wasn't one of them.

All good points, I think the Lorca 2pc is just another way to go, but not necissarily 'better' or 'worse.' In order to really know that, you would have to get into adding up all your Cat1 boosts and then seeing which one is 'mathematically' better. The truth though is that in practical 'every day' use either the method you used or subbing in the Lorca set are functionally similar if not identical. You can't call either one right or wrong.
    More specifically regarding the "Lorca's Ambition" 2 piece and the 25% Crit Damage buff. That has to be built up to 25% and only lasts for 20 seconds. You don't get an immediate passive of 25% Damage Buff unfortunately. Because of this and because the pieces just didn't seem fit with this build I decided against this console.

All good points, I personally don't like the 2pc and I never use it. I do use the Tactical Console, but even then I usually only use it in a ship that has 5 tactical consoles and I use it as the 5th. In all honesty, in this particular case, I would do as you did and take the Fleet Tactical Console over the Lorca.

Regarding the Plasmonic Leech. I have to say that I am really surprised at how many players seem to not like this console. Sure it was nerffed but that doesn't mean that it is now useless. Also, it's not +10 to Weapons only! It's +0.75 to "ALL" power levels stacking 10 times. So that's 7.5 power to "ALL" power levels for a total of +30 to whichever Sub-System you want that power in. Like I have said many times before, if there was something better, I would certainly use it, or use it with the Plasmonic Leech. As they say though, each to their own. :smile:

Again, fair points all the way across the board. For me personally, I don't have the need for the extra power in an Aux2Bat build. I don't run this for the same reason I don't run the Supremacy trait in A2B, just don't need it. Now, in the case of the Leech Console, this is only really true if you're sacrificing another beneficial console to slot the leech. In this build, I can think of better ones, but they're all event consoles like the D.O.M.I.N.O which a player might not have access to, or something like the Dynamic Power Redistributor which by itself pushes this build out of the 'budget' realm. While I do agree with @redwren89 that Approaching Agony would be a little better here, the Leech is still a sensible enough choice in a budget build. Given that at current exchange prices the Agony console is actually cheaper then the Leech, I would definitely make that change.

I hope that you all understand that I'm not trying to be an TRIBBLE or anything and that I really do appreciate all of your comments and feedback. As I've said before, "my way" is not the only way! I'm just trying to show an effective way to make builds that don't break the bank too much and try to help those who may not be the best at building a ship. Thanks again for trekking out my build, I really do appreciate all of your support! :smile:

-Winters

I am pretty sure no one thinks that man. This has been a friendly and productive exchange of ideas and the dialogue is appreciated. Please continue to do the work you're doing, you're doing a great job!
    Post edited by seaofsorrows on

Again, fair points all the way across the board. For me personally, I don't have the need for the extra power in an Aux2Bat build. I don't run this for the same reason I don't run the Supremacy trait in A2B, just don't need it. Now, in the case of the Leech Console, this is only really true if you're sacrificing another beneficial console to slot the leech. In this build, I can think of better ones, but they're all event consoles like the D.O.M.I.N.O which a player might not have access to, or something like the Dynamic Power Redistributor which by itself pushes this build out of the 'budget' realm. While I do agree with @redwren89 that Approaching Agony would be a little better here, the Leech is still a sensible enough choice in a budget build. Given that at current exchange prices the Agony console is actually cheaper then the Leech, I would definitely make that change.

Oh yeah, the D.O.M.I.N.O console is a good console but like you said "a player might not have access to" it and that does cost an "Epic Phoenix Token" which is beyond a reasonable cost in my opinion. Which is why it probably won't appear in any of my builds. Well......maybe on the Bajoran Interceptor whenever I get around to doing a video on that. :wink: lol

As for the Approaching Agony console, I honestly didn't consider that one. If memory serves that's something like a 10% or 15% boost to Phaser damage, right? I'm not even sure what they go for on the Exchange. I guess it could be a good replacement for the Leech, I think I would like it more though if it were 20% or 25% boost to Phaser damage. That may just be wishful thinking but I'm sure that I would notice more if it were, if you know what I mean. :smiley: lol

Thank you for the kind words also, I really do appreciate it! I just never know if I am sounding or coming off as being aggressive when I type my responses as tone can often be lost through text, ya know.

-Winters

While I still wouldn't necessarily use this 2 piece on this particular build, the issue of building it up and lasting 20s isn't that bad at all. Depending on your crit rate, it is extremely possible to get maxed out at 25% in less than a single FAW cycle. Also the 20s timer is instantly refreshed the next time you crit.

In other words it builds up far faster than any prolonged engagement piece, and keeps the buff even if you drop out of combat, you just have to get another crit before it drops off completely. And even if you do lose it, you'll build it back up very quickly.
    edited May 2020

Oh yeah, the D.O.M.I.N.O console is a good console but like you said "a player might not have access to" it and that does cost an "Epic Phoenix Token" which is beyond a reasonable cost in my opinion. Which is why it probably won't appear in any of my builds. Well......maybe on the Bajoran Interceptor whenever I get around to doing a video on that. :wink: lol

As for the Approaching Agony console, I honestly didn't consider that one. If memory serves that's something like a 10% or 15% boost to Phaser damage, right? I'm not even sure what they go for on the Exchange. I guess it could be a good replacement for the Leech, I think I would like it more though if it were 20% or 25% boost to Phaser damage. That may just be wishful thinking but I'm sure that I would notice more if it were, if you know what I mean. :smiley: lol

Thank you for the kind words also, I really do appreciate it! I just never know if I am sounding or coming off as being aggressive when I type my responses as tone can often be lost through text, ya know.

-Winters

Its 15% cat 1 phaser damage, 1.5% extra crit chance, and the anomaly is phaser damage, debuffs enemy hull by -25, chases the closest enemy, affects all enemies within 3km of it and lasts 40 seconds (33% uptime Minimal potential).

By the way, I want aux to bat on my own romulan ship build to make up for the innately reduced power of a singularity core, and to give me some much needed extra weapons overcap, shields and engine power. I totally forgot about the B'tran cluster - I will Qsnap myself there right now! - Thanks
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    The amusement of a ship that uses a battle cloak also using aux2bat which a perfect example of the irony it represents is aux power is like the fuel your car needs to go vroom vroom. Just like aux power determines stealth ratings so essentially you are selling your car to buy gas for it.
    The amusement of a ship that uses a battle cloak also using aux2bat which a perfect example of the irony it represents is aux power is like the fuel your car needs to go vroom vroom. Just like aux power determines stealth ratings so essentially you are selling your car to buy gas for it.

The Gal X cloak is a console set piece and this build doesn't use it. It also isn't a battle cloak.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,295 Arc User
    I'm sure @winters83 will post a topic later, but until that time

Breen Chel Boalg Warship T6 - Winters Budget Builds
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecK1QBT45G0

First thing which comes to mind is replacing one fleet DHC with a Terran Phaser DHC and possibly another fleet DHC with a Dranuur DHC but otherwise the build is pretty strait forward.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    edited May 2020
    > @trillbuffet said:
    > The amusement of a ship that uses a battle cloak also using aux2bat which a perfect example of the irony it represents is aux power is like the fuel your car needs to go vroom vroom. Just like aux power determines stealth ratings so essentially you are selling your car to buy gas for it.

Because aux power boosts stealth?

I don't think one gets the cloak on the fleet ship. You'd have to spend on it so there's no way I can see it wrecking your vroom vroom.

Are you being critical? I just don't know lol
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    What's the KDF equivalent of this?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • jimmineycrikit#2071 jimmineycrikit Member Posts: 5 New User
    edited August 2020
    (spam post removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
    What's the KDF equivalent of this?

I'm not sure that there is a direct KDF equivalent to this ship @smokebailey. Anything that comes close is different in one way or another or missing something that this ship has. Either the hanger bay or different Boff seating or different console layout, etc.

-Winters