test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stealth Operational Armor

quentonwolfquentonwolf Member Posts: 33 Arc User
Does anyone know if there are any plans to make this armor accessible outside “The Dragon's Deceit” mission? I didn't know it was only available on the first play-through and picked something else, but I would really like to have this armor.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    As far as I know it is the only reward and it is availible to pick each time you run the Mission. It was not and is not an only time reward. You could equip your entire Away Team with it if you desire.

This is for the PC but it should be the same if you are playing on Consoles.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • quentonwolfquentonwolf Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    I am playing on PC, and just checked again. It is not a listed option. The only options listed for replay are some rare gear, not even very rare.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    It's a unique item that is currently not available.

I am not sure where the idea comes from that you can have multiple, but you can't. It is unique and was only offered once, and only on your first play through. Currently the armor cannot be obtained at all.

Not sure why this is.. but sadly, that's how it is. :disappointed:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,946 Arc User
    I'm not seeing the armor offered as a mission reward on a PC character that has already played Dragon's Deceit. In this case the armor is equipped on a bridge officer.

I am seeing the armor offered on a character that hasn't yet played the mission.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    I'm not seeing the armor offered as a mission reward on a PC character that has already played Dragon's Deceit. In this case the armor is equipped on a bridge officer.

I am seeing the armor offered on a character that hasn't yet played the mission.

Interesting, I didn't think it could still be obtained at all. Either way, it is unique and can only be obtained once per character.

Again, not sure why.. not like it's some super great item.. that's just how it is for some reason.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yeah, my mistake. I looked it up on STO Wiki and the item description did not indicate Unique, which is necessary for only once per Character. Additionally, the Replay Rewards was way at the bottem of the article and not open. Usually, any choice rewards are also indicated at the top.

I just checked the Mission on a Character that has never run it and the Armor does show as a Reward.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • w00qw00q Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    It's an interesting specialty armor, and useful only if you really need its stealth and perhaps its increased expose duration.
    +20% Stealth, +5% Exploit, +5% Expose Chance, +2sec Expose Duration.

It's useful only in the early rounds of Arena of Sompek, and effective in PvE content (but then again, anything will do in PvE).

Recently gave it a spin (no upgrade, no re-engineer) Level XIII Very Rare in the Arena of Sompek, and it was fun walking up behind minor enemies and then flank them.
    But as the levels progress, more and more enemies can "see" through your stealth (even if you are not firing).

Since I'm playing more and more Arena of Sompek nowadays, I'll try to upgrade this to Epic Lvl XV and report back its default attributes and re-engineering possibilities, if anyone is interested in this.

Perhaps this can be added into the Phoenix Box, Lobi Store, or (heaven forbid) the Mudd Market.
  • quentonwolfquentonwolf Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Thanks for the comments. Yeah, I hope Cryptic decides to make this armor more widely available at some point. I have an away team all with Superior Covert that I use for my infiltration team; it'd be nice armor to be able to outfit one or more of them with.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,266 Arc User
    honestly, it's not really all that great of an armor, even for stealth-based builds - both the terran guerilla combat armor (while it doesn't have quite as much stealth, it offers higher energy resist stats - which is the majority of the damage you'll be facing from NPCs - the same exploit damage and expose chance/duration as the ops armor and a host of other good stats in exchange - chief among them being +40% crit severity, which is a HUGE bonus) and the furtive perseverance set (which doesn't have any of the expose/exploit bonuses from either the terran or ops armor, so you'd need to make those up in other ways, but it DOES have some very powerful bonuses for successfully executing stealthed flanking attacks) from survivor would be better choices; and the latter is just as free as the ops armor and NOT limited to one per character

the terran armor is, but it lies - if you upgrade so it becomes a a mark item and slot it on a boff, you can claim another copy and just rinse and repeat until your entire team is wearing it​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    By Terran armor do you mean Lorca's armor?
  • alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    From the STO Wiki: "The Stealth Operational Armor can only be acquired on the first play-through of “The Dragon's Deceit”, replays reward a selection of a ship weapon, ship equipment, ground weapon or ground armor, making the Stealth Operational Armor a unique item."

Not sure if that's still true, been a while since I looked at the mission or tried a replay.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,741 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »

Interesting, I didn't think it could still be obtained at all. Either way, it is unique and can only be obtained once per character.

Again, not sure why.. not like it's some super great item.. that's just how it is for some reason.

It's some strange decision they made for all Delta Rising stuff.

On the first run, you could also get purple MK 12 or 13 gear IIRC. But only on one character, the second character would just get rare quality choices.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
This discussion has been closed.