test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Omega upgrades Help

spy8446spy8446 Member Posts: 585 Arc User
Yes I have still yet to finish converting my Omega's into upgrades.
I dont know what ones I would want to make.
I just want to improve my gear into something that is going to have more of an impact in general to the upgrade.
I have seen items at epic levels that were rather sad vs ones that were still purple that out matched them (same weapon)
What is the best way to get what I need/want?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Just make the regular kind that don't require extra Dil added, as the Rarity version doesn't carry over properly between Marks and there's no reason I see to go with Mark increase version versus just spending Dil on Phoenix boxes instead.

For weapons of the same type being worse when Epic'ed, that shouldn't be the case. Make sure you're looking at in a region that the weapon can be used (space weapons will give odd stats on ground or in sector space). Also, make sure all the lower mods are the same when comparing, as [dmg] will show up in it's damage/DPS listing but the other mods like [crtd] won't. So, a [dmg]x3 will look higher than [Ac/Dm][CrtD]x4, even though actually shooting the later will put out a lot more hurt compared to the former if you have a decent (20%+) Critical Hit Chance.

If Very Rare is still somehow better than Epic, it's likely a bug. I think all the major instances of this were fixed, but things have a habit of coming un-done in this game.
  • Options
    If I remember correctly, they were piercing Tet beams, I think the one from the Nimbus arc? other than the Very rare and Epic levels, they were almost the exact same, difference was that the very rare one had more damage number or whatever the stats were, I think very rare had a damage of 800 ish with the Epic being 760 ish. I was told that its because of the different boosts to help upgrade items. eh it was some time ago.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    If you're creating a new item.. make it at Mark II. Use an Omega Particle Tech Upgrade with a 2x Chance accelerator. That should give you about a 40% chance of upgrading quality every time up until about Mark 7-8. Take it the rest of the way to Mark 15 using Phoenix Kits.

If you already have an item that's Mark XII or whatever.. and you want to take it to Mark XV Epic, just pump Phoenix Kits into it until it turns shiny gold.

For Omega, only use the regular Omega Particle Tech Upgrade that gives the upgrade points with the 4x chance. The rest of them are junk and do nothing but distract you. When upgrading existing items, Phoenix Kits are the only choice.

Any other method and you're wasting your time and resources. Enjoy your all gold ship. :smiley:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info, last question, Romulan upgrades, worth it or not?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    spy8446 wrote: »

Not worth it.

Terrible. :lol:
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    I've used a method from reddit to craft Omega [rarity] for mk ii vr items: use one, use a basic upgrade tech, use another Omega [rarity], use any other upgrade to reach the next mk, and it'll be 100% epic since at those low levels each gives 100% chance for rarity increase.

Haven't tested if it works during upgrade weekend since the idea is keep the mark as low as possible. Did ruin one item by not applying a basic upgrade tech bringing the mk too high making the Omega [rarity] worth only 20% chance by using a free Romulan tech upgrade, so definitely keep mk low. Still have to test the method during upgrade weekend.

Omega [rarity] cost ~5,500 dil iirc and 2 of those farmed things instead of 3. They are indeed worthless for anything other than the method above, especially since those who tested more said the quality improvement chance does not carry over from its use under circumstances where it ordinarily would.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    dam, well thanks again for the info, you guys are great at the explanations.
  • Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User

Not worth it.

That's a matter of playing style. Personally I love Romulan upgrades.
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    fftt wrote: »

Not worth it.

I can't help but ask why. They are terrible under any circumstances vs most other upgrade kits, and you only get 4 after a 10/10 tour of duty which equates to approximately 1.3 phoenix upgrades of which you can earn at minimum 7 from a Ferengi 10/10. Given how much xp the Fed tour gives, you might even get more upgrades buying phoenix boxes after 10/10 Fed tour from the all the dilithium handouts and leveling from having maxed out spec points.
  • Options

Not worth it.

I can't help but ask why. They are terrible under any circumstances vs most other upgrade kits, and you only get 4 after a 10/10 tour of duty which equates to approximately 1.3 phoenix upgrades of which you can earn at minimum 7 from a Ferengi 10/10. Given how much xp the Fed tour gives, you might even get more upgrades buying phoenix boxes after 10/10 Fed tour from the all the dilithium handouts and leveling from having maxed out spec points.

All of my refined dilithium gets dumped into my solo KDF fleet. My net refined balance since the fleet colony came out is zero and my projections are that this will continue for about another year and a half.

I am dilithium starved so Romulan upgrades are my primary method of upgrading my equipment. Starved on refined dilithium anyways. Raw ore - millions and millions of that, but that does me little good. My KDF characters have switched their admiralty focus from the Romulan to Klingon admiralty campaign after the recent change, but once they hit a Klingon tour of duty mission they'll start Rommie missions again.

If I had the refined dilithium to spare, yeah I'd do phoenix boxes, but since I don't the Romulan option isn't as terrible as most players make it out to be in my case. Emphasis on in my case.
  • Options

Not worth it.

All of my refined dilithium gets dumped into my solo KDF fleet. My net refined balance since the fleet colony came out is zero and my projections are that this will continue for about another year and a half.

I am dilithium starved so Romulan upgrades are my primary method of upgrading my equipment. Starved on refined dilithium anyways. Raw ore - millions and millions of that, but that does me little good. My KDF characters have switched their admiralty focus from the Romulan to Klingon admiralty campaign after the recent change, but once they hit a Klingon tour of duty mission they'll start Rommie missions again.

If I had the refined dilithium to spare, yeah I'd do phoenix boxes, but since I don't the Romulan option isn't as terrible as most players make it out to be in my case. Emphasis on in my case.

You're still using the least effective method.

Romulan Upgrades, even on Upgrade Weekend are going to get you next to nothing. And for that nothing, you have to progress your Admiralty Campaign to 10/10 which takes what? A week?

If you have millions of Unrefined Dilithium, you would be far better served just refining and not spending for a couple of weeks and buying Phoenix Kits. Even if you did this and used them outside of Upgrade Weekend, you would get FAR better return then the 2 Romulan Upgrades you get after a solid week of admiralty.

If your method works for you, then by all means go for it, but it doesn't change the fact that Romulan Upgrades are indeed terrible.
  • Options

Not worth it.

You're still using the least effective method.

Romulan Upgrades, even on Upgrade Weekend are going to get you next to nothing. And for that nothing, you have to progress
    your Admiralty Campaign to 10/10 which takes what? A week?

Call it 10 or 11 days, more like a week and a half. And that nothing has upgraded all of main's equipment to epic mkXV with my alternates at mkXV also with much of that epic quality also.
    If you have millions of Unrefined Dilithium, you would be far better served just refining and not spending for a couple of weeks and buying Phoenix Kits. Even if you did this and used them outside of Upgrade Weekend, you would get FAR better return then the 2 Romulan Upgrades you get after a solid week of admiralty.

The reason I love Romulan upgrades is that I don't have to forgo spending for those couple of weeks and I'm not nitpicking but it's 4 upgrades at 10/10. Still a small amount though. Just a technical correction.
    If your method works for you, then by all means go for it, but it doesn't change the fact that Romulan Upgrades are indeed terrible.

Here's what it comes down to for me. I'm logging on and doing admiralty anyways. Raw dilithium ore isn't doing me much good so until the change in the Klingon campaign came about (another contention point as many players seem to hate that change) I saw no reason not to focus on the Romulan campaign and since I was getting the upgrade tokens I was putting them to use. You don't need epic MkXV to play the game so I'm content upgrading as I can without the need for refined dilithium. You think they're terrible for valid reasons, just reasons that don't apply for how I'm playing.
This discussion has been closed.