test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would you like to see Q's Winter Wonderland Staying During the Pandemic?

scorpwanna#3529 scorpwanna Member Posts: 227 Arc User
I get a joy when Q's Winter Wonderland is active. It inspires great fun, good moods flourish. I'd like to know how many out there think if they kept Q's Winter Wonderland open through the rest of this Pandemic would be a great idea.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Would you like to see Q's Winter Wonderland Staying During the Pandemic? 28 votes

Yes! Great Idea!
50%
galactickiridavidp0418voporaksparhawkkiriseecrossmrleemwatsonwestmetalstrekpuppygrimoaldus1701scorpwanna#3529phoenixc#0738zamweasel#2732diocletian#7546 14 votes
Meh...
14%
arabaturqultuqtm706storules 4 votes
No!
28%
reyan01meimeitooseaofsorrowsspacehermitlasonioalcyoneserenekiralynsthe91 8 votes
More Options Please!
7%
chevron13urtho#4232 2 votes

Comments

• littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    I don't really understand the question. It was brought back during the pandemic, and I thought it was still around.

The real problem for me is that it doesn't feel completely implemented. Unless they've fixed it, the interface has felt like it's a watered-down version of the actual event, meaning there's no timer that shows up, which makes it really annoying to try to figure out what's going on when you get there. I went there a few times with different characters and then just got bored because it was too hard to figure out what was even going on at any one particular time, unless I just so happened to be lucky enough to notice something happening in the background.

What I always liked about the event before was how active it was at all times. There is an hour of content going on at all times, meaning that if you waited during that hour, your favorite events were going to wander around, and you could run (or beam) to wherever it was occurring.

And if you've already completed the Winter event that year, the progression is useless to you, which kills a majority of the crowd that visit in the first place, because now the majority of people who consistently would play it have absolutely no reason to even go there.

And this is coming from one of the BIGGEST fans of the Winter holiday event.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    No!
    Eh. All these "I want MOAR STUFF because of pandemic!" threads I've seen on various online game forums are getting a bit much. Feels greedy.
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    I don't really understand the question. It was brought back during the pandemic, and I thought it was still around.

The real problem for me is that it doesn't feel completely implemented. Unless they've fixed it, the interface has felt like it's a watered-down version of the actual event, meaning there's no timer that shows up, which makes it really annoying to try to figure out what's going on when you get there. I went there a few times with different characters and then just got bored because it was too hard to figure out what was even going on at any one particular time, unless I just so happened to be lucky enough to notice something happening in the background.

What I always liked about the event before was how active it was at all times. There is an hour of content going on at all times, meaning that if you waited during that hour, your favorite events were going to wander around, and you could run (or beam) to wherever it was occurring.

And if you've already completed the Winter event that year, the progression is useless to you, which kills a majority of the crowd that visit in the first place, because now the majority of people who consistently would play it have absolutely no reason to even go there.

And this is coming from one of the BIGGEST fans of the Winter holiday event.

The event timer was broken on the first day, but has been fixed.

I understood the poll question to mean continuing the event until... whenever... rather than its currently posted end date next week.

I appreciate the information.

And with that said, I also think it would be cool to continue it, as long as it's actually working.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    No!
    No. At 25k extra Ore coming in per day, it's enough already. It's a nice extra gift: don't ruin it, by asking for moar even. That's why we can't have nice things.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    No!
    Not sure why people are saying let it run as long as the pandemic is going shows a clear misunderstanding of human nature, pandemics, economics, and politics.

Exactly how long is this pandemic going to last in your minds? In most peoples mind it will be another month. That is absolutely incorrect. This cratering of the world will go as long as there isn't a vaccine and even when there is a vaccine the way society works will never be the same. In fact, most jobs are not coming back. and viruses, by their definition will ALWAYS BE AROUND. Just like all other viruses IE herpes, IE common cold, IE HIV that we have in this world. THEY DO NOT GO AWAY. So you will literally have to rethink society around this virus. You will have to continue social distancing even when society reopens and allows people to be around each other. I hope you get used to wearing gloves and a mask in public.

Currently scientist and economist are trying to come up with ways in which we can reopen society safely WHILE THE PANDEMIC continues. There will literally never be an end to this. So you are literally saying lets keep this event going on indefinitely. People need to stop being pessimistic, optimistic, or idealistic and become realistic. Six months from the initial lull of the outbreak there will be another peak and we will be back in the lockdown world.

So I do not agree with your fundamental question. If you have it your way chances are this event could possibly be around for the next 14 months depending on when a persons idea of the pandemic ends and not on medical and scientific measures. In many southern states in the US they believe the pandemic ends on the first two days from now. When scientifically and medically we're still on the left side of the curve nationwide and have not even began to truly flatten curve as a nation.
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • crossmrcrossmr Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Yes! Great Idea!
    Yes, but only if they fix it.. some of the events are still broken. Tide of ice seems to break half the time and the timing is off.

It would have been nice to do a full run for people who weren't playing at christmas so they could get the ship.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Only if they fix that schedule box.

I just got to WW and saw Krampus up in 11 mins... but no clue as to which event was going on right NOW.
    I said TRIBBLE that and left.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    I have been playing this game for a very long time. The only benefit to keeping the Winter Wonderland open for me at least is the extra Dilithium for 3 minutes of work... But, if I say that out loud, Cryptic will put a cap on the amount of Dilithium one can earn... lol...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Let's see when Winter Wonderland ends this time, we will have about a 2 day break until the next T6 coupon event starts. Then if we're lucky we'll get a 2 week break after that until the next event starts.

We already know Loluhnat, aka the Summer Event with either start in July or August, usually it's in July. So we're looking at, at least another 2 events between now and then. The next one, as I just mentioned, has already been announced, going back to Pavho.

And really, can you call a virus that has a 97% survival rate a pandemic? Personally, I can't classify it as a such. Also, don't try the death toll number thing. I already know the CDC said, "If the deceased test positive for SARS-CoV-2, aka COVID-19. then list that as the cause of death." Which has been happening. So, if someone dies of say a heart attack, but tests positive for COVID-19, they died of COVID-19. New York inflated their COVID-19 deaths by 5000 this way.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
This discussion has been closed.