test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who voted #2 "The Island Ship"? Sound off.

jjotterbear#7583 jjotterbear Member Posts: 160 Arc User
This was a hard choice for me. I was torn between 1, 2, and 4. But as this is meant to be a science ship, the idea that it has a habitable biome in it's center is what sealed the deal for me. I hope it wins!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    I haven't voted yet, but I'm kinda torn between 1, 3, and 4. Mostly because they have more of a submarine look. Well... 1 and 4 have that. 3... can probably pass for a sub in seaQuest. But still... after having the corvette and the cruise(r) liner... I'm leaning a bit more towards the sub look.
    Will take time to consider it more.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    This was a hard choice for me. I was torn between 1, 2, and 4. But as this is meant to be a science ship, the idea that it has a habitable biome in it's center is what sealed the deal for me. I hope it wins!

I'm one of the ones who voted for #2 on the ship design!

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • vongravenvongraven Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Voted 2, I hope it wins ^^
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    I'm looking at either 2 or 4 at the moment.

1 looks a bit too bristly for a science ship and 3 was maybe a little too much like the corvette.

2 and 4 looked more like the theme of the other Risian ships leaning toward vacation travel, no matter the functional purpose.
    4 is a bit 20,000 Leagues-looking and I have not yet decided whether that is a good thing.
  • dannon#6463 dannon Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Voted #2
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I really like 1 and 4. Can someone post the link to the survey? Somehow nothing happens when I click "vote here"​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    I'm a big fan of 1 and 2 the most. Was less so on 4 till I read about the submarine feel. tbh they're all pretty great designs.
  • robert#4620 robert Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    I voted 2, I absolutly love the Bio Dome look!
  • saimorphx#5330 saimorphx Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I like the look of Ship #1 the best, it got my vote. #4 wasn't bad either. #3 looks like another model, or another races version of the scorpion fighter.

They can Make #1, or #4 the ship, and #3 a swarm of tiny drones!

#2 Doesn't look like an "active" ship it looks like a colony ship that would orbit a sun, like Yorktown, or in the case of #2 the predecessor to Yorktown.
  • sanatobasanatoba Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Voted for #1, though I was wishing I could vote a second time for #2 because I like that design too. I just think design 1 is too awesome to not vote for. And I also liked design 3, but not as much as the first 2. Didn't care for design 4 at all.
    Been Playing STO as much as I can for 11+ Years!

"Never Surrender! Never give up Hope!"
    "Prosperity and Success in everything you do."
    "To Boldly go.........well punch it already!"
    "To Be or Not To Be"....Alas, the Foundry is Not To Be. We Shall miss Thee, dear Friend!
    "Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers?"- Captain Jean-Luc Picard
    Thank You, Cryptic......even when I don't agree with all your decisions....Thank You for Star Trek Online!
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    #1 is the only one I'd ever actually play in.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    For me #1 and #4 actually have first choice on votes, havent made up my mind right now siding toward #1.
    #3 looks like it belongs as a fighter or something, and not sure about #2.
    someone suggested a colony ship for #2, could be a future risian space station in orbit around risa :).
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I picked #2, I picked #2. :) I like the bubble thing with the island or whatever in the middle. :)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    *Puts Jimmy Buffets Greatest hits on Ship wide loop.*

"Attention Senior Staff. Daily Briefing at 0900 hours, beach side, Sunglasses required. 0901 hours, Pina Coladas are served."

Number 2 of course, any ship that I could get caught in the rain, feel the ocean and taste champagne (not to mention "midnight" in the dunes of the cape), gets my vote.
    gHF1ABR.jpg
  • nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    It was basically an upside down version of the idea I had in my head so it got my vote.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    B)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • jovimkjovimk Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Voted for #2 hoping they design a better environment than the Risian cruiser. This has the potential to be a visual stunner. Plus I hope it is on the large size than a tiny ship.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I voted for it!
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    I voted no. 2 since i see the most potential in it.
    That said, i hope they make it a small and nimble vessel and not some lumbering hulk.
    The design would look decent on a small vessel, but horrible on a large vessel.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I really like 1 and 4. Can someone post the link to the survey? Somehow nothing happens when I click "vote here"​​

Same here. I am logged in, but the words "Vote Here" are not a clickable link.

I really like #2, it reminds me of the classic Goldfish Bowl, which appeared in the graphic for the Medical giveaway, but seemingly has been forgotten in the T6-ification process.

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User

I really like #2, it reminds me of the classic Goldfish Bowl, which appeared in the graphic for the Medical giveaway, but seemingly has been forgotten in the T6-ification process.

It looks like the "Survey" has been taken down... because the voting box was in that box that says: "Thank You for taking the Survey, Powered by Survey Monkey".
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »

It looks like the "Survey" has been taken down... because the voting box was in that box that says: "Thank You for taking the Survey, Powered by Survey Monkey".

Ah, OK, thanks for explaining. I would say let's be patient and forgiving with everything right now; people are working from home, and it's hard.

This discussion has been closed.