test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Temporal Event

section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
How great would it be to have a Temporal Event so people could acquire ships through the C-store? Yes I think that unobtainable ships access would be a fantastic way for players to complete their ship collections. (Also a good way to help Cryptic jumpstart the Summer Event)

This would also help to relieve some of the stress created by the pandemic quarantine. It's a everybody wins scenario and we could all use a little good will right now 😁
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I was thinking on the Temporal Recruits back in the day... ohh, well... :lol:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Hey gaevsman why wouldn't they want to use the opportunity to let players earn Temporal Recruits? It would be good for business. Perhaps they should even add a new Temporal Bridge Officer to the mix.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Hey gaevsman why wouldn't they want to use the opportunity to let players earn Temporal Recruits? It would be good for business. Perhaps they should even add a new Temporal Bridge Officer to the mix.

Typically, they don't add anything new to the rewards during a recruit event rerun.

My guess as to why they don't want to rerun the Temporal event right now is probably from the fact that they don't have time set aside for it on the schedule. Not only do they have to have it start and end a certain time, but the programmers have to go in and also code for these start and end times.

There's also the issue that a bunch of the missions are not accessible until you reach a certain level.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    The one thing I keep hoping for is a temporal recruitment event. I have a ton of Delta and Gamma recruits that have been 65 for years, but I only have one temporal one, and I didn't understand the process of it all when I first created that character.

Basically, I created only a fed temporal agent, which means I've missed out on any of the advancements by having a Rom and/or Klingon temporal agent. I only realized that much later when I was lucky enough to create a bunch of Delta chars, and by coincidence, populated the right different types.

Strangely enough, this far into the end game, filling out these types of progression growth is really all I have left in the game that's interesting. Otherwise, I'm just biding time, doing really nothing new, which often makes me look otherwise for things to do (i.e, "other games"). Sometimes, I need more reasons to stay in STO and keep spending real money there.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    The temporal event was Fed-only
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    @baddmoonrizin or any mods is it time for another addition of an F.C.T? This is getting a bit repetitive with same requests popping up frequently...or at least moved them to a single thread.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    The one thing I keep hoping for is a temporal recruitment event. I have a ton of Delta and Gamma recruits that have been 65 for years, but I only have one temporal one, and I didn't understand the process of it all when I first created that character.

Basically, I created only a fed temporal agent, which means I've missed out on any of the advancements by having a Rom and/or Klingon temporal agent. I only realized that much later when I was lucky enough to create a bunch of Delta chars, and by coincidence, populated the right different types.

Strangely enough, this far into the end game, filling out these types of progression growth is really all I have left in the game that's interesting. Otherwise, I'm just biding time, doing really nothing new, which often makes me look otherwise for things to do (i.e, "other games"). Sometimes, I need more reasons to stay in STO and keep spending real money there.

Temporal event was fed-only... and only TOS created chars, to be specific.. :wink:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    baddmoonrizin seems to be gone. He has not been on the Boards since February 20th.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    Guess he's observing Quarkatine 😁
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Hopefully he's not dead, Jim. :'(
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    > @ltminns said:
    > baddmoonrizin seems to be gone. He has not been on the Boards since February 20th.

Has he been heard from?
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Not at all. If you check out his profile it says Last Active February 20.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.