test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Does having Stealth on any consoles do anything really for you?

grimoaldus1701grimoaldus1701 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
On a Klingon now...so does stacking stealth do anything for you really? Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    I do not have the best grasp on game mechanics— but I think stealth it is only useful for PVP. There are only 1 or 2 situations where anything except a hail (which should get reconsidered please) or drunken piloting has broken my cloak.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    it boosts any cloak, but thats basically useless.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    grimoaldus1701grimoaldus1701 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    ok thank you
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Yea, Stealth is about the biggest benefit - so only if you have Cloak &/or Battlecloak; the later is limited though to only a few ships.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,265 Arc User
    The problem with stealth is that it's really useful only for PvP, the current STO AI is so simplistic that it essentially ignores stealth, while you cannot be hit while cloaked NPC ships can track you fully during this time and will target you at exact nanosecond you decloak and fire at you with all the weapons they can and that's ignoring the fact that 99.9% of interactions break cloak when done.

2 improvements I'd like to them to do for cloaks is first make it so that only certain very specific interactions decloak you instead of the other way around and second have it so that NPCs essentially forget you exist when cloaked (though not in a way that would reset them, only that they can't target or track you during that time) and don't auto target you when you decloak.