test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

falsely accused of afk

maimikadomaimikado Member Posts: 8 Arc User
Look the First contact TFO randomly accuses you of being afk when you were not afk. You already admitted the afk fix did not work on the 30th so why still impliment it?

Comments

• Options
    alcmaeonidaealcmaeonidae Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    It's still happening. Played the whole model rocket mission, received no reward. Now I have an afk penalty.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    What I heard is you need to collect one of each type of Component to not be designated AFK.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,988 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    I collected exactly one of each type of component and didn't get designated AFK. If this changes during the current First Contact event will update via this thread.

Edit: am also taking part in the upgrade process each time.
    Post edited by protoneous on
  • Options
    bratsabratsa Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    I just got afk doing the event and i collected all parts and did the upgrade bit but still got afk penalty. Its bad enough they added the afk to this event but to not have it work properly is a little anoying.
    Post edited by bratsa on
  • Options
    sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    I have been doing it with my alts but have been hit 4 times with it in the last 2 days times today. I am playing the whole event, even one with all purple and still got hit. Its now getting annoying.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, changes only reported in a Twitter Feed and not in the Patch Notes doesn't inspire a high degree of confidence..
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,988 Arc User
    [4/5 2:57] [System] [GameplayAnnounce] You have been assigned an AFK penalty for not participating enough in this queued event.

[4/5 2:57] [NPC] President Aennik Okeg: Thank you for participating in today's celebration events! Here are the results of your model Phoenix test flights.

Eeek :neutral:

Participated fully in part one to the extent of getting extra parts and junk and in the part II upgrade process as well.

Not sure how I could have participated more as this was above and beyond previous runs of getting one of each component plus upgrading.

One false afk penalty so far out of 15 runs for me.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Bugs aside, I deem AFK-penalties in an Event TFO rather questionable. Event TFO's are meant to be lighthearted, friendly dailies (basically just so you'll show up in-game for at least 14 days). They're not meant to be truly taken all that seriously (only after the Event is over, re-introducing possible fail-comditions again). I urge Cryptic to reconsider.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    Some have reported it may be due to Spiders coming out of a Junk Pile. That person kills them and no one else does so they haven't contributed towards killing stuff.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns