test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Preview of some of the upcoming combadges from the FCD event

Comments

• gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Quetion... are we getting the badges??... i don't know if a have one, no info, no message of unlock??
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    As I thought the badges are absolutely useless if you're not wearing a standard Federation uniform.

Everything is always revolved around Star Fleet.... normal-7.gifDgn8UvU.jpg

No Cardassian badges either. Although it wouldn't matter if there was because they couldn't use it as their uniforms have the bare minimum with no badge option available. Come to think of it Cardassian customisation is 2nd behind KDF in their limited customisation both in hairstyles and facial cosmetics.

Oh well maybe one day Cardassians will get revisited but I am not holding my breath. Any future content died with them when Victory is Life was concluded to chase after Star Trek Discovery/Picard.

OmlpwnS.gif
    Time to open some Kanar to drown my sorrows.

But seriously Pakled got a badge? PAKLED!!! Why????!​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    jagdtier44 wrote: »
    With 17 of them what are the chances of some of them being Romulan, Klingon or Jem'hadar? There isn't 17 races in the Federations selection right?

considering KDF Rom and JH all tap thier sleeves for comms.....
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
    edited April 2020
    Meh, they were old badges anyways made years ago. I didn't expect them to be updated for all existing uniforms. Anyways... I will beg another time for Cardassian badges in a new thread when I have time. I am still patiently waiting for ground weapons/omni beams for them as well as removing the restrictions of not allowing them access to all human fed hairstyles which is really odd... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯​​​
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »
    jagdtier44 wrote: »
    With 17 of them what are the chances of some of them being Romulan, Klingon or Jem'hadar? There isn't 17 races in the Federations selection right?

considering KDF Rom and JH all tap thier sleeves for comms.....
    There's a unique Romulan LTS combadge. ^_^ I think it only works on four uniforms though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,361 Arc User
    so i purchased vulcan, to test it and also thinking that it is the IDIC one, but now i cant see it available in the tailor. am i missing something? im on a fed toon. dont tell me its only available on certain outfits now.
    so, ideas, and any steps i may be missing?

update: *** seems to be only usable on certain outfits. taking that this is the basis moving forward with them all. ruins the use of them with outfits one prefers. sad. had high hopes for this.
    It's also not usable - yet - on the Starfleet 2399 uniform. Report it as a bug, don't get your knickers in a twist.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • asha#5521 asha Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    I am wearing the Klingon Fed badge and I think it can use a big remake...Namely, it looks a LOT like the Terran empire badge so i don't think its very good no offense.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    The bad par of this is, you have to run the patrol to get them. You can't get them from the Rocket TFO.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    trennan wrote: »
    The bad par of this is, you have to run the patrol to get them. You can't get them from the Rocket TFO.
    This is incorrect. The badge box drops from both.

I only got it when I ran the patrol, and I did the TFO first.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • asha#5521 asha Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    This is incorrect. The badge box drops from both.

I can confirm I haven't done anything yet aside from the rocket building and i received everything.

Perhaps your first run at the tfo may have gliched for you. Glad to hear you received the item(s) now.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I am disappointed that there's no Cardassian badge while the bajorans get yet another. They could've added the Cardassian Legate badge since they are possibly unlikely to add more of the Cardassian uniform variants.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    These badges need to be opened up for more uniforms. You can't get any plainer than the TOS uniforms, but they can't even be worn on them. Even if you have to work on it in your spare time, please open them up for more uniforms, Cryptic...

Thank you!
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I am disappointed that there's no Cardassian badge while the bajorans get yet another. They could've added the Cardassian Legate badge since they are possibly unlikely to add more of the Cardassian uniform variants.

Maybe we will get lucky. Unlikely though... unless Kurtzman & his team pay*cough* homage *cough* involving DS9/Cardassians. They will be far too busy trying to create the crtl & v ships from ST:Picard into the next gamble addiction promotional boxes.​​
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »

That would be pretty awesome. It would be a bit of a waste though if they didn't update the Cardassian uniform while they're at it. It looks very dated and low res.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    Another day. One more TFO. Once again, no badge box.

4PfTxb8.jpg

OaXhnaU.jpg
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Some people in game were chatting about a bug which can be identified by your character not having the colored back pack like everyone else. Your character appears to not have a back pack on. I wonder what the underlying causes of this bug are.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    Some people in game were chatting about a bug which can be identified by your character not having the colored back pack like everyone else. Your character appears to not have a back pack on. I wonder what the underlying causes of this bug are.

That may be the reason. My character never has a backpack. Well not this year at least. Best I can do is try a different outfit/armor setup.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Try a different Character.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User

incorrect
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    so i purchased vulcan, to test it and also thinking that it is the IDIC one, but now i cant see it available in the tailor. am i missing something? im on a fed toon. dont tell me its only available on certain outfits now.
    so, ideas, and any steps i may be missing?

update: *** seems to be only usable on certain outfits. taking that this is the basis moving forward with them all. ruins the use of them with outfits one prefers. sad. had high hopes for this.
    ok.. what uniforms? I cannot get them to appear in the list. the illustration looks like Sierra, but I tried that, Oddesy and the ambassador, and veteran not in any of the lists.
    Spock.jpg

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    > @nixie50 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > incorrect

You could have just said 'The Rocket TFO does award the Badge Box'.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    Can we please get these fixed so they can be used on more uniforms
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    asha#5521 wrote: »
    I am wearing the Klingon Fed badge and I think it can use a big remake...Namely, it looks a LOT like the Terran empire badge so i don't think its very good no offense.
    Haha, yeah it's a D'k'tag. conceptually it's very similar to the Terran badge. They apparently wanted something obviously Klingon, but NOT a Klingon empire logo.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    If anyone is curious, here's a screenshot of the Human badge:

68N8tOr.png
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    edited April 2020
    Also for those that may think they aren't getting the badge pack. On the first character I ran it on without a backpack, had one in their inventory, and a different character that I ran it on yesterday got it with backpack. There's no popup, it just appears in your inventory.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
This discussion has been closed.