Install Arc

Ferengi Ships lacking

2»

Comments

• the76thrule#0927 the76thrule Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    > @"asha#5521" said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > No see, in game, we have latinum accolades and they're gained by winning dabo. You must win enough to buy all trophies.
    > The trophies are displayable, theres a pile of latiunum bricks (the biggest one 500,000 GPBL) and various other florr and wall trophies (slips, strips, ingots, bricks).
    > As far as being paranoid to not display it, well the ferengi on the shows had latinum trophies, also, keep in mind we hire mercenaries whose job it is to guard our ships, and person, and basically, to do what we tell themn and pay them to do.
    >
    > Theses trophies are BEAUTIFUL and i have them also with R'Asha my romulan as we are limited as well to trophies and what we can display.
    > The latinum trophies are AMAZING and they sparkle and glimmer like real latinum! lol
    > When i do my doff missions on board,i often go to my 10 forward and look at them and fuss :-P

Ahh, I see. Thanks for explaining
    Does anyone else here watch Farscape? Only me? Okay then...
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    I flew by Ferenginar the other day. I think a ground map there would be cool. Haven’t lived until you’ve seen a Ferenginar typhoon. But I guess Grand Nagus Rom would be there too. I would be happier even if I could roll a KDF-aligned Ferengi too. Lot’s of potential in game for some Ferengi love—-any oomax reference is unintentional...
  • asha#5521 asha Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    qultuq wrote: »
    I flew by Ferenginar the other day. I think a ground map there would be cool. Haven’t lived until you’ve seen a Ferenginar typhoon. But I guess Grand Nagus Rom would be there too. I would be happier even if I could roll a KDF-aligned Ferengi too. Lot’s of potential in game for some Ferengi love—-any oomax reference is unintentional...

LOL OOmax *ferengi lobes tingling at thought*
    Yes Ferenginar would be the hot spot for finances. Seeing as it was made law by the grande Nagus that females can wear clothing and also make profits (more profiting ferengi means a greater economical power!). then opening up ferenginar would be logical in so far as any concerns regarding the state of dress.

A ground map akin to New Romulus or Defera would be splendid!
    An exchange, a latinum conversion store and not just one ferengi with a stand, banking, mail, a dance club, and even a place to purchase everything from very hard to get consumables, to orion slave women, and anything of profit!

Of course a statue of the first grande nagus Gint would be very apropriate as well with hiim holding the staff in one hand, and (in a sort of statue of liberty stance) the Golden rules of acquisiton in the other hand! All set on a pedestal of 500 million gold pressed bars of latinum!

A wonderland much like Q's, with race events and other things to rival RISA!
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    I hate how they lowered the tac console slots down by one compared to the T5U D'Kora forcing you to use the uni as the fourth slot for those who want more than three. A similar thing was done with the MW Intrepid which I also hate.
    edited April 2020
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I hate how they lowered the tac console slots down by one compared to the T5U D'Kora forcing you to use the uni as the fourth slot for those who want more than three. A similar thing was done with the MW Intrepid which I also hate.

Yes but the T6 Definately has advantages like 5 wep slots in front, and i am wanting to see the Energy Monopoly where you use aceton beam or overwhelm regulaters to drain power from your target and feed own subsystems...also the swarmer missiles...
    With 3 slots in back it wont be hard to get 3 omnis of various kinds and i think it would be perfect too for a antiproton or even a phaser build?

The D'Kora has consoles: 3T,4E,3S where the T6 Quark has 3T,4E,3S,1 Uni
    The Shield modifier also is improved from 1.15 to 1.2...

And battle mode 4000.

Am looking forward to seeing it in action with these plus turn rate consoles etc. and heavy cannons.

And, lastly, I wonder what the bridge and interior looks like? SURELY Quark would never allow his name to be attached to a D'Kora bridge on his own ship name sake. It would be a tragedy!

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    .The Bridge will look like that of the Nandi.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    .The Bridge will look like that of the Nandi.

I own a NanDi and it, of course, has a D'Kora bridge :-(
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    The upgrades on the T6 Quark are really nice, and it's actually a better ship than the uber exclusive Nagus Marauder. Quite shocking.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    The upgrades on the T6 Quark are really nice, and it's actually a better ship than the uber exclusive Nagus Marauder. Quite shocking.

Well, we shall see. I still am very opposed to the idea of NO good bridges ugh so lame man. Not very encouraged to buy this ship. I am a hard core trophy person and interiors are very important to many of us.
    How can we hang our trophies in ships that do not support this?
    edited April 2020
    asha#5521 wrote: »

Well, we shall see. I still am very opposed to the idea of NO good bridges ugh so lame man. Not very encouraged to buy this ship. I am a hard core trophy person and interiors are very important to many of us.

Bridges are worthless unfortunately. The players have already proven that they won't pay money for them. And this is due to the fact that they have virtually no real use in-game. It's best to accept this fact an move on to other issues that are worth worrying about.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Now a Bridge that's compact like the Ferengi Ships that also had a discount Commodities Vendor (like the Tuffli) might get some traction.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited April 2020

Bridges are worthless unfortunately. The players have already proven that they won't pay money for them. And this is due to the fact that they have virtually no real use in-game. It's best to accept this fact an move on to other issues that are worth worrying about.
    Well if everyone had your pessimistic view nothing would EVER change. I am afraid you don't know me :-) I never give up. As the galaxy has seen, there is ALWAYS a way to get things going, and THAT is always inclusive of RESPECT. Namely, for the GM's, Devs, and all related staffers...

If we take a pessimisstic view on EVERYTHING like the whole victim's mentality "oh theres no point trying I HAVE for years! There is just NO0 POSSIBILITY as your cause is WORTHLESS!" well you're not me and I am, thankfully, not you. :-)

EVERYONE said noone can get the devs to fix temporal reckoning...well, i tried with 4 messages and it is done. NOT that I am saying it is ME ALL ME, just i was nice, thorough in attaching related screen shots, and descriptive in the problem(s) WITHOUT getting edgey/lippy with the GM's/. devs...

There are other matters which I am honored to have been a part of helping fix...
    I do not need to list them to know my approach is successful.

I recommend you take an inventory of your attitude and approach.

If you find not a whole lot of people like being around ya it may BE partly why; however, I also must consider you may also know EVERYTHING.

LASTLY - this is a thread about ferengi ships lacking...so if you don't have something to contribute in terms of what may improve the ferengi ships, or, other ships (as many things are in context and related)
    Then I am certain there is another more appropriate forum thread for your concern.

Qapla
    Post edited by asha#5521 on

Well if everyone had your pessimistic view nothing would EVER change. I am afraid you don't know me :-) I never give up. As the galaxy has seen, there is ALWAYS a way to get things going, and THAT is always inclusive of RESPECT. Namely, for the GM's, Devs, and all related staffers...

If we take a pessimisstic view on EVERYTHING like the whole victim's mentality "oh theres no point trying I HAVE for years! There is just NO0 POSSIBILITY as your cause is WORTHLESS!" well you're not me and I am, thankfully, not you. :-)

EVERYONE said noone can get the devs to fix temporal reckoning...well, i tried with 4 messages and it is done. NOT that I am saying it is ME ALL ME, just i was nice, thorough in attaching related screen shots, and descriptive in the problem(s) WITHOUT getting edgey/lippy with the GM's/. devs...

There are other matters which I am honored to have been a part of helping fix...

If you find not a whole lot of people like being around ya it may BE partly why; however, I also must consider you may also know EVERYTHING.

LASTLY - this is a thread about ferengi ships lacking...so if you don't have something to contribute in terms of what may improve the ferengi ships, or, other ships (as many things are in context and related)
    Then I am certain there is another more appropriate forum thread for your concern.

Qapla
    You overestimate your ability to impact this topic. This isn't a matter of "trying" or being optimistic vs pessimistic. Cryptic is a business and bridges aren't profitable. They are also expensive and time consuming to make. More time consuming than the actual ship. They also serve no real purpose in game. Those combined factors mean that nothing will change.

Basically, this isn't an emotional issue that can be solved with fake optimism. It's a matter of math. And the math unfortunately says bridges/interiors are borderline abandoned.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    I like the D'Kora enough all of my chars have one. I got an Epic Phoenix Prize Token today. Only my third Epic since they started the Phoenix Prize Box. I am giving serious thought to using it to acquire a Nandi for my KDF-aligned Vanguard Jem'Hadar Tactical Captain.
    How does, "DV - Victory Is Profit", grab you as a ship name? If you like it feel free to use it for yourself.

As to a better Ferengi bridge, I do believe we'll see one someday. Just as soon as Cryptic figures out a way to monetize and profit from it. In a blog once a long time ago, one of the devs explained Bridges are as complex and time consuming to make as ships are. But the return on investment in them is minimal. So they usually don't do them unless there is a compelling(profitable) reason to do so. Most players don't visit or use their Bridges. And there is really not a lot one can do there anyways. There are some Bridges for ships which are the exception to this. Which is why all eight my chars have a D'Kora.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.

Qapla
    You overestimate your ability to impact this topic. This isn't a matter of "trying" or being optimistic vs pessimistic. Cryptic is a business and bridges aren't profitable. They are also expensive and time consuming to make. More time consuming than the actual ship. They also serve no real purpose in game. Those combined factors mean that nothing will change.

Basically, this isn't an emotional issue that can be solved with fake optimism. It's a matter of math. And the math unfortunately says bridges/interiors are borderline abandoned.

Okay, you can go away now please?
    I thought you may have picked that up, but i see you're the type of needy person who needs me to make things clear:

You got reported already for spamming a thread as you are now, and now it is flagged as you're clearly NOT getting the message: Use another thread somewhere if you want to go off topic.

Also, stop spamming and talk about the interiors of the ferengi ships or other ship interiors RELATED somehow, in a way that is something you would like and we all know what you like already so go away.
  • wingedhussar#7584 wingedhussar Member Posts: 436 Community Moderator
    This is Item #10 in Frequently Created Threads. Due to time and money expenditures, Cryptic doesn't make custom bridges and interiors for ships anymore unless they have a reason to use them elsewhere in the game. https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/13444665/#Comment_13444665

Thread closed.
    latest?cb=20171202101458

...THEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED!
    Volunteer community moderator for the Star Trek Online forums. Not a Cryptic Studios or Perfect World employee.
This discussion has been closed.