test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

One night in Bozeman - Can't progress

seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
Tried a couple times now but everytime I get to the part where I have to save those 5 people from the borg I get stuck. After I deal with the initual bunch of drones nothing happens. No new enemies spawn, can't interact with any of the NPCs or anything, just there being stuck at the objective for protecting the 5 people from drones with nothing to do.

Good thing the rocket building counts for the event progress. :|

Comments

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    I had no such issues. Force Verify. That's all I think I could suggest.
  • mpstulirmpstulir Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Tried a couple times now but everytime I get to the part where I have to save those 5 people from the borg I get stuck. After I deal with the initual bunch of drones nothing happens. No new enemies spawn, can't interact with any of the NPCs or anything, just there being stuck at the objective for protecting the 5 people from drones with nothing to do.

Good thing the rocket building counts for the event progress. :|

I can confirm this is true. Same thing just happened to me.

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Finally it let me past the 5 NPCs. Tooke a cpuple more tries and a complete game restart but I finally could interact with the NPCs and wipe their memories to progress. Not gonna touch that mission any time soon again. :s
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    I got past the bit where you wipe the camper's memories. But then, after getting to a clearing, Seven says something about something important, but absolutely nothing happens after you fight the borg there.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • praetorniralpraetorniral Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Far bigger and more important things going on right now but when you just want to do this as a little diversion the diversion gets ruined by being annoyed by bugs.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    Completed the mission. Had none of the issues described above. However did not receive the 50 Event Reward Points. Decent mission. But if it doesn't reward the Event Progress to me, it is dead in the water.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Ran the patrol while waiting for the rocket to come off cooldown after having the no backpack bug (2nd day in a row for that one) and the civvies refused to aknowledge they'd been rescued, just stood about doing a happy dance.
  • smr12smr12 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Today i can't rescue the civ's, yesterday it worked fine.
    Also the Rocket TFO is bugged.
    too bad.
    Until Cryptic fixes the bugs and the huge lag problem, i refuse to give them a single cent. A company that charges hundreds of dollars but can't even give a stable bugfree game (or at least doesn't have bugs that are years and years old), doesn't deserve my money.
    Also when coming back after 2 years not playing STO, spending $30 and getting hit immediately with a 7 day account probation.
    This shows very little respect from cryptic towards their playerbase and, this is another reason to not spend any single cent on this game.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    Don't know if this helps. Yesterday I played it with the Section 31 phaser as my choice of weapon. Today played it with the assimilated plasma weapon from the rewards box and got stuck rescuing the civilians. Restarted the mission again this time with the section 31 phaser and had no probs. So I was thinking playing with the rewarded plasma weapons could be causing an issue.
  • Can't progress past the 5 campers either
    qaAuoh7.gif
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Oh, I'm not the only one with issues while attempting this. Good to know, I guess. More broken content that I can ignore.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • manileraimanilerai Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I had this same issue; I THINK the issue is that if you come at the borg from the north or drop down from the hill, the "Save the 5 civilians" objective doesn't immediately trigger. Thus, when it does trigger, there are no borg left to defeat to clear the objective.

As far as i can tell, you NEED to hook around the south end of their little camp for the objective to trigger properly, allowing you to "save" the civilians by killing the borg.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Had this happen again today one one account but not the other following the same path the game takes you on each one.
  • xsi1exsi1e Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    I cant even get past the part to equip the frequency re modulator. 7 of 9 has no dialog box to ask for one from her and the box on the ground does not have any interaction at all. All 7 does is keep repeating " don't forget to equip a frequency re-modulator". I checked my inventory and nothing is there and there are no new hotbars or icons for me to click. Tried to do this for 3 days and just keep giving up and doing the model build instead. Even that is busted half the time were your backpack disappears and your workbench becomes inactive. Good job cryptic you even managed to break something that worked for several years this time around.
    1kltX02.jpg
  • dheffernandheffernan Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    RE frequency modulators: you can replicate them for free at any time by opening your Replicator window.

I tried "Bozeman" twice, got stuck on the campers each time, gave up. Call me when it's been patched.
    @Venture-1. @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that. Yes, that Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. You'll have to be specific; for me it was Tuesday.
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    I've played through this mission a ton of times now, never had any problems with completing it..

What exactly is the problem? I am reading mixed messages..
  • wvuscottwvuscott Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I'm having the same issues at the camp site. The civilians just dance around. IF this isn't connected to the larger Event Campaign then I"m done with it.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    There are three or four Borg up the hill from the Civilians. I believe yokill them too u need.
    They are the first I run into coming down to the Civilians.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns