test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Audio TRIBBLE?

mutantcamel#2832 mutantcamel Member Posts: 149 Arc User
Just went in for the first time today and it would appear that someone broke into the audio assets. When sitting in orbit over Earth, next to Spacedock, I hear the occasional random “zoom” or “MIPS!” when other ships go into warp. And by that, I mean, yes, it sounds like someone recording themselves saying “zoom” or “MIPS!” and replacing the audio resources with these non-sanctioned sound effects. Further, button clicks in the main menu produce “beep” and “boop” noises and TFO combat ops produce “ptew ptew” sounds as well as the occasional “EXPLOSION!” It’s been quite a study in onomatopoeia. Things were fine last night when I was on. Whatever happened, it happened sometime today.

It would honestly be hysterical to listen to these things, but it started getting a little annoying after a while and the thought of some folks on “stay-at-home” self quarantine figuring out a way to hack this game is a bit disconcerting.

Anyone else experiencing this odd brand of boredom-murdering?

Comments

• Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    April Fools ! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Ah! That makes sense. :D
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    Yep, you have been April Fooled. You are able to turn it off if you so desire.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    americanbamf#5789 americanbamf Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    i heard it too very annoying especially when you are focusing on the game or multitasking and OP you are not alone i share your pain lol
  • Options
    imatimelord#6399 imatimelord Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    instead of fixing the ton of issues this game has on our platform, they add that mess....oy......
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    instead of fixing the ton of issues this game has on our platform, they add that mess....oy......

This happens every April Fool's. PC has it too.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    I don't recall which year it was added, but it's been inside your console game files since STO released on there.
    It can be turned off at the very bottom in the game Audio options, but it won't matter as it will have disappeared by now.
    Did you visit DS9 to get an April Fool gift from Kurland?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    Hmmm... Didn’t know that was a thing. I’ll need to check it out next year.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    The april fools "Artisanal Sound System", or A.S.S. for short, is something I'd like to be able to turn on and off at will. The game is quite funny with those sounds.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/