So the April Fools this year

asdfjkadfjkasfasdfjkadfjkasf Member Posts: 345 Media Corps
Is that there is no April fools
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    It is not 12:00 EST yet. So no we do not know if we will have an April Fool's Day joke today.

Edit: It came out 11:30 EST. Happy April Fool's Day!
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    21-day First Contact Event. We got the April Fools joke earlier than expected. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Also Kurland is back on the Promenade apparently.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    caltaircaltair Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    The beeboops sound effects are annoying I can say that much about April Fools STO.
    Also is there anything in the exploding Mystery boxes? Like if you do it enough times you get a reward? Or is it simply nothing but explosions and repetitions?
    liCO4Xm.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Some talk of a T6 token... but no evidence to support it right now.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    caltair wrote: »
    The beeboops sound effects are annoying I can say that much about April Fools STO.
    Also is there anything in the exploding Mystery boxes? Like if you do it enough times you get a reward? Or is it simply nothing but explosions and repetitions?

You can turn them off if you so desire.
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Also Kurland is back on the Promenade apparently.

Kurland here.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    But every time he says 'Kurland here' it counts as two seconds against his total ten minutes speaking as a non-SAG VO. That's why they were keeping him hidden in the Cargo Bay. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    tahnalostahnalos Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    Did April Fool's already end? I thought it was a 24 hour event like it usually is.
    Fleet Affiliations:
    FED: Royal Federation Mounted Starfleet: SB3, TAC3, ENG3, SCI3, Win, Int, DOff(T/E/S/B)
    KDF: Parliamentary Klingon Empire: SB2, TAC2, ENG2, SCI2, Win, DOff(T)

Interested in joining? Please send a PM to @Tahna_Los.
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    tahnalos wrote: »
    Did April Fool's already end? I thought it was a 24 hour event like it usually is.
    The devs have a bit of a history of not understanding time zones or caring about the player base in other timezones.

Who knows why they choose to run these events and end them while a part of the player base it asleep so they never get to see it. Bit like the old flash sales which where impossible to take part in because they would start and end before we got out of bed. Its just bad design when someone can play for few hours a day every day at the same time and never see these events because they take place midnight to 8am.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    tahnalos wrote: »
    The devs have a bit of a history of not understanding time zones or caring about the player base in other timezones.

Who knows why they choose to run these events and end them while a part of the player base it asleep so they never get to see it. Bit like the old flash sales which where impossible to take part in because they would start and end before we got out of bed. Its just bad design when someone can play for few hours a day every day at the same time and never see these events because they take place midnight to 8am.

I think it's less about not understanding timezones and more to do with the fact that there's a single worldwide server thus it's literally impossible for them to make these events so that they wouldn't be at an inconvinient time for someone. If there was a seperate servers for EU, US and possibly Asia this wouldn't be an issue but the fact of the matter is that those servers would cost a lot of money to get and maintain.

Yeah I'd love it if the maintenance wasn't from 15:00 to 18:30 for me but fact of the matter is there's 10 hours time difference between me and where the Cryptic offices are so if the maintenance was at convinient time for me it would be at highly inconvinient time for Cryptic.
This discussion has been closed.