test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ferengi Ships lacking

asha#5521 asha Member Posts: 53 Arc User
Hey all, I just thought to share an idea (at advice of GM), for the Ferengi ships?
So, my ferengi has the NanDi and D'Kora, Not only is it unfortunate that the NanDi bridge is D'Kora and should have its own, but i won all the latinum trophies and, ironically, can not display them in my NanDi or D'kora etc...

What do you think of this and does it seem reasonable that we get better bridges for an Epic Prize token ship, and also the fact that RP can not be %100 without these features?

Thanks for your time, I hope this makes sense...

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    I'm afraid that ship interiors are not a priority for Cryptic, even for Promo Pack ships that bring in cash monies (dil and event ships do not).

Not enough players care about interiors, there is no profit in the wind.

Some of us would even pay real cash to be able to Space Barbie our interiors, but the devs have said no (see the F.C.T. stickied thread).

• asha#5521 asha Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    I saw it. Thank you, I appreciate the insights. Am still hoping that it can be adjusted. Perhaps even a Zstore ferengi ship.
  • kikskenkiksken Member Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Well I hope you WILL get your correct bridges, and your stand for your trophies.
    I mean, being a Ferengi, you ARE in the end part of STO, and thus 'entitled' to the correct bridges and trophy case. :)

I am all for it, and I hope you get yours soon!
    Klingons don't get drunk.
    They just get less sober.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2020
    What I'd really love to see is a few Cross Faction Ships inspired by the Alliance between the Federation and KDF; one that may encourage a few similar races to working together a bit more. There is a race that had a common historical Origin to the Ferengi in which Otto used to identify a stolen brooch of Roxanna Troi in a DS9 Episode.
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    I'm afraid that ship interiors are not a priority for Cryptic, even for Promo Pack ships that bring in cash monies (dil and event ships do not).

Some of us would even pay real cash to be able to Space Barbie our interiors, but the devs have said no (see the F.C.T. stickied thread).

I have to quote dave, here.
    It's too bad, because it would really make the ship personalization way more enjoyable... alas, unless they're bridges seen in one episode or another, we're stuck with the old ones (on those ships where you can actually change your layout).
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    it's a case of cost v reward. Personalised bridges and interiors are too costly in dev hours apparently for the reward
    It's too bad, because it would really make the ship personalization way more enjoyable...
    Despite the Ferengi being more of a very big annoyance to me for several reasons, I do not disagree.
    While I prefer to see them assimilated (I am in the end a Borg fan and dislike murder: assimilation is about saving lives, not taking them), for those that like or even love them, I can only fully support the idea.
    it's a case of cost v reward. Personalised bridges and interiors are too costly in dev hours apparently for the reward
    Hmmm, yes, that then is true, from a logical point of view.
    Which is too bad!
    But in the end, it is a company, these need to make money, and one way of doing this is by saving on certain projects.
    Which is... sad... but not irrelevant... :(
  • blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    How many ships in the game have full Mail and Exchange services, Ferengi ships have it the best.
    download.jpg
    How many ships in the game have full Mail and Exchange services, Ferengi ships have it the best.
    Well of course, they ARE traders. :P ;)
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    One of the reasons I'm getting the advanced light battlecruiser with the mega event token is because I want an agile battlecruiser with proper interior. I like seeing my trophies and doing the special doff missions. Khitomer is nice but got boring real quickly
    kiksken wrote: »
    Well I hope you WILL get your correct bridges, and your stand for your trophies.
    I mean, being a Ferengi, you ARE in the end part of STO, and thus 'entitled' to the correct bridges and trophy case. :)

I am all for it, and I hope you get yours soon!

Thanks...yeah it just makes sens - latinum, ferengi ship...lol

edited March 2020

Perhaps, but it doesn't negate that we should be able to put up our Latinum trophies :-)

It is VERY ironic that a ferengi (all about latinum fyi) can't even display it on his own ferengi ship. lol

Also, we have our own Dabo table, ferengi trader, and bank...but its so so crampped...such a big ship yet a shuttle sized bridge (barely bigger)...

• section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    > @blakes7tvseries said:
    > How many ships in the game have full Mail and Exchange services, Ferengi ships have it the best.

Not to mention my own personal Dabo table 👽
    strathkin wrote: »
    What I'd really love to see is a few Cross Faction Ships inspired by the Alliance between the Federation and KDF; one that may encourage a few similar races to working together a bit more. There is a race that had a common historical Origin to the Ferengi in which Otto used to identify a stolen brooch of Roxanna Troi in a DS9 Episode.

Oh nice! Yes I love Rom and how he is so socially awkward but a genius, and how he came to be grand nagus. I am also very fond of Nog....

Am a pretty big fan of DS9, especially the Dominion wars, and Martok and how worf handed the mantle to hi after defeating Gowron.

I really like all original star treks (can not rate picard or discovery as i haven't been watching them am waiting for netflix).
  • sharmutashlikha#2072 sharmutashlikha Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    to not be able to place your latinum trophies on Ferengi ships from the beginning just shows how low consistency is on cryptic's schedule. they abandonned it early and catered to that ever since. that's why the batleth tournament became an optional for kdf chars, because you need to chose a ship wich has the trophy option to complete it... when I think about it, it's rather funny that I can show off my pile of latinum on a standard klingon ship but not on a ferengi one.
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog.

She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Nog.
    Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Nog.

I'd certainly love to see 1 more Ferengi Ship in game, especially if it built upon the Battlemaster 3000/4000. I'd certainly welcome a mission as well that had us on board a Ferengi Bridge at one point. I'd don't think we'd see a full interior for them, but a slightly more modern Ferengi Bridge with larger Ready Room, Dabo Table, and lots of Latinium be nice.

What Ferengi wouldn't want this. :o
    0zxlclk.png
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User

But you are hitting on something. When they were developing bridges, had missions that required bridge interactions and added the doff assignments there was a reason to go your bridge.

Now I do not even bother setting a bridge when I commission a ship--because there is nothing to do there.

It is a catch-22 arguing people do not care about something that has been neglected by the developers. People don't care because it is neglected. And right, Dave, some people--probably not me. But some people may pay for something worth doing on the bridge.
    edited March 2020
    I don't believe the Scimitar's allow lower decks as you identified, but like Ferengi (default bridges) could be made with a larger Ready Room to display Ground &/or Wall Trophies to compensate. Same could be true for the Romulan Scimitar Dreadnoughts...

Just don't know if it will happen, but welcome another Ferengi Ship! <3
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
    to not be able to place your latinum trophies on Ferengi ships from the beginning just shows how low consistency is on cryptic's schedule. they abandonned it early and catered to that ever since. that's why the batleth tournament became an optional for kdf chars, because you need to chose a ship wich has the trophy option to complete it... when I think about it, it's rather funny that I can show off my pile of latinum on a standard klingon ship but not on a ferengi one.

Yes..the irony. And Nog, although a Ferengi, embraced starfleet and was very sincere in that, yet he maintained his identity as a ferengi still profitting and using his lobes - in the context of starfleet (cant be tradng in illegal goods, pirating, etc. anymore lol); and he was very trustworthy as he did see many of his ferengi peers doing things on the shadie side but didn't say anything.

All in all, i see Nog's character as a tough one; just as hard to walk in as Worf being starfleet yet a klingon...
    Maintaining his identity as a ferengi yet as starfleet...not allowing values to cross, and being sure to choose starfleet when push came to shove.

Yes Cryptic, PLEASE improve all ships so we can have trophies? :/

coldnapalm wrote: »
    I'm sorry...but Romulans...like the WHOLE BLOODY FACTION has just the default bridge for anything not the scimmy. And yeah those don't have a working trophy area either. If they won't give an ENTIRE faction more interior love, they ain't gonna do it for just the Ferengi.

HECK YEAH...with my Rommie (R'Asha), it sucks that i have this super cool Khophesh and the D'Ridex, but yet when i go on my ship i have a green house in a Khophesh? lol I was hoping for an interior akin to the Scimitar from Star Trek Nemesis.

Khophesh being a top DPS'er and a Romulan Flag Ship, we definately should have trophies and a sweet bridge/interior.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    asha#5521 wrote: »
    I saw it. Thank you, I appreciate the insights. Am still hoping that it can be adjusted. Perhaps even a Zstore ferengi ship.

More Ferengi ships would be nice. I know they'd never use these but I liked some of the Ferengi ships from Birth of the Federation. Maybe some inspiration could be taken from them.

oFzlbuP.jpg
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    The thing is that interiors take a lot of work (it's been stated multiple times that making a starship interior takes about as long as making a ground map for a mission) and while there's some who would pay for that it would seem there's not enough (or they wouldn't pay enough) for it to be viable for Cryptic to do more interiors/upgrade older ones, this is even more dire with non-UFP factions where you have only handful of bridges to draw from in canon (3-4 for Romulans (excluding the Scimitar) and about the same for klingons though 2 of the canon KDF bridges already exist in STO).
  • the76thrule#0927 the76thrule Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    (Still waiting for my game to download, so ignore me if I'm wrong and chalk it up to being a noob)

I suppose you could always justify it with Ferengi being too protective of the latinum to put it in plain sight? Assume they have it tucked away in some secret vault on their own ships, but that other ships lack such a hiding place? Idk, just going by what I'm reading, if that doesn't make sense due to in-game stuff just ignore me.
    Does anyone else here watch Farscape? Only me? Okay then...
  • section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    Of course the next Ferengi ship should be a cruise ship with lots of gambling and holosuites. Naturally there would be plenty of business opportunities. It should hold a compliment of say 10,000 passengers and 2,000 crew. Basically turn the ship into the Ferengi version of ESD. Imagine all the doff missions and the extremely rare components that could be acquired there.
    asha#5521 wrote: »

More Ferengi ships would be nice. I know they'd never use these but I liked some of the Ferengi ships from Birth of the Federation. Maybe some inspiration could be taken from them.

oFzlbuP.jpg

here here

edited March 2020
    spiritborn wrote: »
    The thing is that interiors take a lot of work (it's been stated multiple times that making a starship interior takes about as long as making a ground map for a mission) and while there's some who would pay for that it would seem there's not enough (or they wouldn't pay enough) for it to be viable for Cryptic to do more interiors/upgrade older ones, this is even more dire with non-UFP factions where you have only handful of bridges to draw from in canon (3-4 for Romulans (excluding the Scimitar) and about the same for klingons though 2 of the canon KDF bridges already exist in STO).

I appre3ciate what ur saying, but it looks like there are several of us in this thread alone who would love to see ferengi ships developed better.
    Cool!

And I think you've made a most excellent point -

We need to form a united federation of peeps who want better ship interiors..
    as someone pointed out, their opinion is that the devs aren't interested in making better ship interiors and that people aren't interested and it is not profitable..

HOWEVER, I see by my fellow ferengi and romulan, and others that we are all very much interested in this happening. :-)

THEREFORE, I bet it is very safe to say it would be VERY profitable indeed.

edited March 2020
    :(
    I'd certainly love to see 1 more Ferengi Ship in game, especially if it built upon the Battlemaster 3000/4000. I'd certainly welcome a mission as well that had us on board a Ferengi Bridge at one point. I'd don't think we'd see a full interior for them, but a slightly more modern Ferengi Bridge with larger Ready Room, Dabo Table, and lots of Latinium be nice.

What Ferengi wouldn't want this. :o

See? Many of us wish to see this mr and misses's devs :-P

(Still waiting for my game to download, so ignore me if I'm wrong and chalk it up to being a noob)

I suppose you could always justify it with Ferengi being too protective of the latinum to put it in plain sight? Assume they have it tucked away in some secret vault on their own ships, but that other ships lack such a hiding place? Idk, just going by what I'm reading, if that doesn't make sense due to in-game stuff just ignore me.

No see, in game, we have latinum accolades and they're gained by winning dabo. You must win enough to buy all trophies.
    The trophies are displayable, theres a pile of latiunum bricks (the biggest one 500,000 GPBL) and various other florr and wall trophies (slips, strips, ingots, bricks).
    As far as being paranoid to not display it, well the ferengi on the shows had latinum trophies, also, keep in mind we hire mercenaries whose job it is to guard our ships, and person, and basically, to do what we tell themn and pay them to do.

Theses trophies are BEAUTIFUL and i have them also with R'Asha my romulan as we are limited as well to trophies and what we can display.
    The latinum trophies are AMAZING and they sparkle and glimmer like real latinum! lol
    When i do my doff missions on board,i often go to my 10 forward and look at them and fuss :-P

This discussion has been closed.