test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No duty officers assigned at level 11

hipparchushipparchus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
I recently created a new character on my account and when I reached level 11 yesterday (Jan. 30), I got the onscreen message from Lt. Ferra that he had some duty officers for me and directed me to meet him at Starfleet Academy. I met him there and he said the duty officers were ready for me, but when I looked in my Duty Officer Roster, it showed 0 officers. I double-checked my inventory to see if they were in a bundle I needed to open, but they didn't appear there either. This is the 4th character I've created on this account and I never had a problem with this on any of the others.

I proceeded to go on a few more missions and leveled my character up a few more times and I did get 19 Emergency Hologram duty officers, but even after logging off and back on today, the original batch of duty officers never showed up. I'll get more of them at level 18, so it's not really a big deal, but I am curious whether anyone else has experienced this problem recently.

Comments

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Is this a Federation, TOS, or Discovery character? Have you looked at your In Progress tab to see if you can get them from there? Did you click on one of Lt. Ferra's options to get these DOFFs? Also, there is a section of the DOFF system where you have to click a button to get the duty officers. Do not remember off the top of my head what name of said section is but it is not the Roster. So I am not sure if this is a bug or not.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    technobeast#9443 technobeast Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Looks like a known issue...
    (Private correspondence removed. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    It is a Discovery character. I did look through the In Progress tab, and the mission is not listed there.
  • Options
    hipparchus wrote: »
    It is a Discovery character. I did look through the In Progress tab, and the mission is not listed there.
    I don't want to spoil anything, but you said you're level 11. I have a DSC toon. So, did your toon experience a very specific time travel experience? If not, you'll understand once they do. It's intended that some TOS, DSC, Romulan and Dominion toons' level rewards are held back until specific events. (Romulans and Dominion won't get theirs before swearing allegiance alongside either Starfleet or the KDF. TOS and DSC have to meet other criterias.).

Yes, I went through the story arc where I was put into the future and now have access to the full starbase, starfleet command, etc. I'm now level 20, and I got my 3 DOFFs at level 18 as expected, which appeared as an item in my inventory. So now I have 22 total DOFFs, 19 of which are the holograms and only 3 "real" ones.
  • Options
    I don't want to spoil anything, but you said you're level 11. I have a DSC toon. So, did your toon experience a very specific time travel experience? If not, you'll understand once they do. It's intended that some TOS, DSC, Romulan and Dominion toons' level rewards are held back until specific events. (Romulans and Dominion won't get theirs before swearing allegiance alongside either Starfleet or the KDF. TOS and DSC have to meet other criterias.).

Yes, I went through the story arc where I was put into the future and now have access to the full starbase, starfleet command, etc. I'm now level 20, and I got my 3 DOFFs at level 18 as expected, which appeared as an item in my inventory. So now I have 22 total DOFFs, 19 of which are the holograms and only 3 "real" ones.
    My bad then, it really seems to be a bug.

No problem. I really appreciate you trying to resolve the issue for me.
  • Options
    kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    I have a similar issue on my Discovery character. Never got the mission to claim the DOffs in the first place.
  • Options
    tjsinclairtjsinclair Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Same issue here with a standard Fed character. Talked to Ferra, turned in mission, no doffs. Very frustrating. Enough to test my Benzite's patience.
  • Options
    darkurpledarkurple Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same issue with klingon character. The quest popped up and then completed itself without providing the duty officers.
  • Options
    technobeast#9443 technobeast Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I guess no one read my paste of the email from one of the GM's above stating it was a known issue.......
  • Options
    imnotuimnotu Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Same issue here. Normal fed toon.
  • Options
    darkurpledarkurple Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Nothing about this issue included in the patch notes for 6 February.
  • Options
    mrpermitheusmrpermitheus Member Posts: 1 New User
    Discovery Character here, I just had this issue occur on February 4th.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I had this issue yesterday on my DSC character. Kept on clicking, clicking, clicking the Hail Mission Journal or whatever it is called and nothing happened. Then I decided to play the mission Measure of Morality Part 1. As soon as I finished the mission and clicked on it again, it worked and I got my First Complement of DOFFs. So something is definitely bugged there and needs to be fixed. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    corsayr#7384 corsayr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Also experiencing the exact same issue on my Fed toon. Tried playing the next few missions with no results. When I unlocked R&D I got my complement of Holographic R&D officers but nothing else. Guess there's nothing to do but sit around and wait.
  • Options
    imnotuimnotu Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Now I have this problem on a 3rd character. Vanilla fed. Time for a refund on zen spent, I think.
  • Options
    texgun#9463 texgun Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same issue with a Discovery character, as soon as I entered the building to get the Duty Officer's the mission disappeared from my list. It comes up complete but zero Officer's.