test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Name Restriction Algorithm

mutant1408mutant1408 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
So I'm posting here because Orvic from Arc Games Support told me this would be a better place to receive support than from the actual support team... Still processing that, but here it goes.

It may seem silly to most, but I purchased the starter pack that includes the T6 Reliant ship and have worked my way up to using it, all with the intention of naming it "Venture" after a 1980s Coleco video game because I'm old and nerdy. When I tried renaming it this, it said that the name contains restricted words. Yet when I tried naming it just "Ventur" the name change worked! Now I need to spend $3000 credits if I want to change it to something else---not a big deal, but how does the final "e" make this a restricted word? I get why name restriction algorithms exist, but "Venture" ... really? In what language is Venture a naughty word?

Anyway, Orvic said this is where the devs might see the issue and help out, so that's the only reason I'm here posting about it.
Can this odd restriction be lifted?

Comments

• rejaqrejaq Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Restricted words are not just 'naughty'. A number of ship names are reserved, such as Enterprise - which is why you see Enterprize, Ent3rprise, Enterpryse and so on flying around. There is a T4 venture class and it could be that which is preventing the change of name.
    quote-you-might-as-well-aim-high-why-shoot-yourself-in-the-foot-when-you-can-shoot-yourself-william-shatner-133-45-82.jpg
  • renata666renata666 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    But no one knows for sure why "Monitor" is restricted. There is speculation on several fronts.