test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lifetime Subscription Question

sionedwardssionedwards Member Posts: 15 Arc User
I'm thinking of getting the lifetime subscription but I'd like to confirm something first.

Through the Zen store I have maxed out my inventory and bank slots on multiple characters as well as my account shared bank slots. Would the extra slots included with the lifetime subscription increase my inventory size or do they count as the same slots I've already purchased from the zen store?

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    My guess is no, but any new characters that you create will benefit from the per-character inventory and bank slots.

The hard limits have applied in other cases like the old account-wide starter pack they offered before switching to the per-character elite pack.

Hopefully someone else can give you a real answer.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Well with Lifetime Subscriptions (LTS) being an impressive -50% off currently now would be the time to consider buying if one was so inclined.

Normally, for what seems years now, the LTS had been -33% off.

If one believes STO will be around for another 2 & 1/2 years it pays for itself at this price & that's not accounting for all the perks it offers besides the 500 zen monthly stipend (at least for pc).
    Does anyone know of or have a link to all the benefits that a Lifetime Subscription offers in totality? Like a total of (4) T6 veteran ships, the (3) T5 veteran ships, how many character slots, inventory, etc etc.

My bookmarked page isn't working to what I thought had it all calculated & don't want to do the math again. Thanks in advance if something like that exists.
    unity#8083 wrote: »

Thank you very much for both links. One more question that you'll hopefully know: are those benefits retroactively added? For instance if I have a character(s) already at level 65 would the Inventory & Bank slots still be added? If you don't know, still thanks.
  • unity#8083 unity Member Posts: 17 Arc User

Thank you very much for both links. One more question that you'll hopefully know: are those benefits retroactively added? For instance if I have a character(s) already at level 65 would the Inventory & Bank slots still be added? If you don't know, still thanks.

I believe my main was at lvl 65 when I bought the LTS about a year ago. I got everything that is listed. So I believe the answer to your question is: Yes.

I believe my main was at lvl 65 when I bought the LTS about a year ago. I got everything that is listed. So I believe the answer to your question is: Yes.

Awesomeness, & thank you again, being a bit paranoid I'm going to go through all of my over 10 characters & write down their amounts prior then check again after. Be sure to look for your Cryptic commission check in the mail lol.
    Ended up getting the LTS on our family account, not my solo account, but all good since I got a couple of characters on the family one. It will be fun hopefully beginning a new character as a Talaxian & Liberated Borg.
  • section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    LTS is definitely worth it. I have roughly 50K Zen saved up because of it. I'm thinking about going out and getting a lockbox ship (Verne) I just hate the luckbox gamble.
    arnthebard wrote: »
    LTS is definitely worth it. I have roughly 50K Zen saved up because of it. I'm thinking about going out and getting a lockbox ship (Verne) I just hate the luckbox gamble.

There is no gamble if you buy the ship from the exchange. Buy keys or packs on sale, then wait a few days after the sale is over and sell them for energy credits.

The odds of getting a ship by opening boxes are 1 in 250 for each key. And before you start to open boxes, the odds with 250 keys of getting at least one ship are only 67% not 100%.

If instead you sell around 120 keys you'll have the EC to buy the ship with 100% success.

"50K Zen saved up" ZOINKS, are you one of those that believe dying with the most money & toys wins, why not use it?

There is no gamble if you buy the ship from the exchange. Buy keys or packs on sale, then wait a few days after the sale is over and sell them for energy credits.

The odds of getting a ship by opening boxes are 1 in 250 for each key. And before you start to open boxes, the odds with 250 keys of getting at least one ship are only 67% not 100%.

If instead you sell around 120 keys you'll have the EC to buy the ship with 100% success.

I've heard that smart-shopping sentiment more & more in STO & have found it always wise, especially right after I had gave-into temptation & gambled a little & lost. I noticed how keys sharply inclined in price over the last couple of days, more than usual I think.

• wiqdwiqd Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Wow ... I literally missed this sale by 10 hours. Was thinking of coming back after watching Picard and binging some TNG and I could have finally paid half price for an LTS. Just ... *sigh* Really frustrating, but no one to blame but myself.
  • ddraconis1ddraconis1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    I just recently got the LTS via XB1. I dont have access to everything. IE the dilithuim refinery it still at default and the only two things i got out of the purchase was a unlock for a new playable race and the vets badge via the tailors. I cant find the consoles nor can i access the large glowing white blob near ESD.
    edited February 2020
    ddraconis1 wrote: »
    I just recently got the LTS via XB1. I dont have access to everything. IE the dilithuim refinery it still at default and the only two things i got out of the purchase was a unlock for a new playable race and the vets badge via the tailors. I cant find the consoles nor can i access the large glowing white blob near ESD.

The dil refining is a duty officer mission - Federation is at Starfleet Academy, a guy standing near the entrance to the building with the bar and services (bank, email, exchange). KDF is in the main building of their academy between the exchange and bank terminals.

> I cant find the consoles

What consoles? The ones to claim fireworks and such? Federation is near Admiral Quinn, he can see it from his desk. Romulan is near the bank terminal in the Command Center, KDF is in First City in the Barracks area where you buy training manuals.

> the only two things i got out of the purchase was a unlock for a new playable race and the vets badge via the tailors

You get the veteran T6 ships, extra T5 ship, and special small craft from the ship vendor.

You get the android boff from the boff vendor in the area below Admiral Quinn and for KDF a vendor in the barracks.

> nor can i access the large glowing white blob near ESD.

The sun? It burns, you don't want to go there.

This might help, note that you do not get the monthly zen stipend: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Lifetime_Subscription
  • tm706tm706 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    ddraconis1 wrote: »

If you want to access the Captains Table (Glowing white blob outside ESD) search your "Legacy" unlocks or "Promotions" unlocks tab in the Cstore for "Classified Access Codes" once you have claimed those, you should be good to go.

Coffee is life.

Message me in-game (@tm706) for help

1st Alpha Quadrant Fleet
This discussion has been closed.