test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can you equip *both* of these on the same ship?

w00qw00q Member Posts: 121 Arc User
Can you equip *both* of these on the same ship?

1) Fleet Advanced Engineering RCS Accelerator, and

2) Conductive RCS Accelerator

I'm concerned about the incompatibilities similar to that of the Omni-Beam Weapons for above RCS Accelerator types.
Thank you in advance!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    based on memory... they are not flagged as unique so you can equip as many as you want so long as you have eng console slots open.
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Conductive is one only, fleet rcs is as many as you have slots afaik
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    burstorion wrote: »

Conductive is R&D? They arent exclusive so you can use both. 1 Conductive and as many Fleet versions as you like. Keep in mind diminishing returns.
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    burstorion wrote: »

Conductive is R&D? They arent exclusive so you can use both. 1 Conductive and as many Fleet versions as you like. Keep in mind diminishing returns.

Thats what I meant, lol... you can only use one conductive and as many fleet rcs as you like on a ship, slots petmitted
  • Options
    w00qw00q Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    Wow, many thanks for everyone's very quick and helpful replies!
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The one conductive is more then enough. That 2nd one will be doing next to nothing and is better used on something else. :wink:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,522 Arc User
    The one conductive is more then enough. That 2nd one will be doing next to nothing and is better used on something else. :wink:

It depends on what kind of performance you need and how far below that the ship is. I have a number of ships which have two types of RCS so they can turn fast enough to use cannons or DBBs effectively rather than just arrays (though I have experimented with a "Galactica" Vo'quv build that was all turrets and an omni).

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited January 2020

It depends on what kind of performance you need and how far below that the ship is. I have a number of ships which have two types of RCS so they can turn fast enough to use cannons or DBBs effectively rather than just arrays (though I have experimented with a "Galactica" Vo'quv build that was all turrets and an omni).

If that works for you, cool. But you would get a lot better returns using something like Competitive Engines and/or Aux2Damp and freeing up those slots for something better. Using 2 RCS is just shorting you a console slot.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,638 Arc User
    If you're looking for more RCS consoles with more than one function, there's also the Bellum and Pax RCS from the Discovery Reputation. They have no stack limit, with themselves or other RCS types.

Bellum consoles give Critical Hit Chance (+1.2% at Mk XII VR, +1.6% at Mk XV Epic) as well as the full turn of a standard RCS and thus are only a small dip in your overall DPS potential in use over Universal consoles that could fit there.

Pax consoles are more durability focused by giving more Hull HP, more than Enhanced RCS from the Dil Mine if those were what you were looking for.
This discussion has been closed.