test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

10th anniversary: The measure of Morality - Part 2

Great episode! Great space battle at the end...

Love the vocal clips!

...Little disappointed not to see the Ent-A, Ent-B an Ent-C there ;)

Honestly, I'd expect to see the Enterprise Refit/A there at the very least.... (I mean, we got D and E, the A should have been there!)

Comments

• Options
    lexers615#4253 lexers615 Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    I ran it with a level 20 Romulan with level appropriate green gear. I liked the space battle, and the side story. I liked the cameos from cannon characters, like the Female Founder (and I just can't wait to see what the dialogue will be with my Jem'Hadars). I also LOVED that at last our choices finally matter past the current map, as our choices in Part 1 impact the bosses in Part 2. That's some significant progress!

But:
    • Most of the ground battles are just plain annoying. They sum up to multiple waves of countless minions, multiple waves of countless minions, boss, next map, repeat. The countless minions waves style is dated, and should have died with the 90s.
    • I despise Iconians. High DPS Tribbles love them as they're a challenge for their rigged high end DPS, but it tribbles me to have to respawn at least 15 times during the countless minions waves of Heralds. It's even worse when they have a line of fire over the spawn and simply oneshot or twoshot us as we respawn before our ground shields kick in.
    • Assimilated Iconians, really?!? Commander Burnham is right about them.
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I also LOVED that at last our choices finally matter past the current map, as our choices in Part 1 impact the bosses in Part 2. That's some significant progress!

Do they though? No matter what you choose in the romulan part Hakeev gets abducted by the the borg so he can TRIBBLE with T'ket and now matter what you choose in the discovery part copy-of-nine is created. Not sure if Noye's death affects if there will be an assimilated Anoorax at the final battle but I kinda doubt it.
  • Options
    ajm1067ajm1067 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    Quite enjoyed the new missions. Not quite up to the level of "Midnight", but they're up there.

I supposed my slight issue is actually that double-edged blade that is the contrivances used to shoe-horn pre-game characters and ships into the game that too often feel like the contrivances that they are or were - the other side being, that we like and want those things you have contrived into the game for us, which to be fair, need a fair amount of contriving, so ho-hum.

And I mean, well, Sonequa Martin-Green making her game debut and Jeri Ryan. And Jeri Ryan as she acts and appears in Picard (or presumably so, as we haven't seen her, yet).

Great job on the character creations and the dialogue. And whilst the plot did feel a little, what's the word again? Oh yeah, contrived... :P it was a nice nod to TOS and the inclusion of the Star Trek ships and characters at the end was a joyful..err... contrivance >:)
    NewMixedCrest.jpg?width=350&height=170
    McVittie's Marauders - The House of Arrgh
    Website
    Discord
    I absolutely, positively, will not create more characters in STO now that I have five six seven eight nine ten!
    McVittie/Saren/Arrgh Son of Jahn/Taev Dar/Professor Moriarty/Mia/Vittie/Vidtana'Clan/Suram/Sarela
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    ajm1067 wrote: »
    Quite enjoyed the new missions. Not quite up to the level of "Midnight", but they're up there.

I supposed my slight issue is actually that double-edged blade that is the contrivances used to shoe-horn pre-game characters and ships into the game that too often feel like the contrivances that they are or were - the other side being, that we like and want those things you have contrived into the game for us, which to be fair, need a fair amount of contriving, so ho-hum.

And I mean, well, Sonequa Martin-Green making her game debut and Jeri Ryan. And Jeri Ryan as she acts and appears in Picard (or presumably so, as we haven't seen her, yet).

Great job on the character creations and the dialogue. And whilst the plot did feel a little, what's the word again? Oh yeah, contrived... :P it was a nice nod to TOS and the inclusion of the Star Trek ships and characters at the end was a joyful..err... contrivance >:)

I don't mind the two contrivances they're done to get the Discovery characters of Stamets and Burham into the 24th century. At least it's not the same old tired contrivance of "alternate reality/time travel" - one is a Hologram based on historical records and profiles and te other is a construct made by a Race known for doing just this kind of thing as even in the one episode where they created Lincoln, they said they could do more - but as the use of Kirk and Co. in the episode was their first contact with Humans/The Federation, the test was a simple one.

Hell, they could even use the 7 of 9 Borg Queen construct (assuming a part of her somehow survived and managed to get a group of Borg under her control ;)) to do a storyline that could 'rewrite' STO 'reality' to sync up with the various 'historical changes' to the STO backstory STP will bring (not really needed as STO isn't canon anyway) - but it would be interesting and somewhat hilarious.

Overall, I hope thios means they got both Jeri Ryan and Senequa Martin-Green to do more VO for another mission or two (to be released down the road) while they were there, but we'll see.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    ajm1067ajm1067 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    Hell, they could even use the 7 of 9 Borg Queen construct (assuming a part of her somehow survived and managed to get a group of Borg under her control ;)) to do a storyline that could 'rewrite' STO 'reality' to sync up with the various 'historical changes' to the STO backstory STP will bring (not really needed as STO isn't canon anyway) - but it would be interesting and somewhat hilarious.

That could indeed be a useful contrivance.

You say that ST Picard "will" change the timeline in STO, as if it will be a fact, but whilst STO isn't canon, given that this game has lasted a decade - and three years longer than any ST series - it would be most welcome of CBS to respect the timeline created here, within the game.

I really don't get the willingness to let the timeline created in here slide away - or is it just fatalism to cover up the disappointment you might feel from that occurring?

It doesn't take much imagination on my part to know that after the time I've put into this game, that if the timeline in here did get great big holes blown in it, I would be very, very disappointed.

STO actually sits in very well with existing canon, and I don't see why it be so hard for ST Picard writers to use the game as a guide or reference. Perhaps they are, and we just don't know it.

Whilst we all love the idea of new content being inspired by current Trek shows, I feel that there are some areas of exploration that the game can still go down without being canon, but whilst still being Star Trek, or are likely to be affected by current shows, or any in the pipeline (like the S31 show with Michelle Yeoh). All from its own timeline, or within the space and time created here, or the shows.

New Romulas is an obvious one for moving on with, but how about exploring more of Andoria? The Vulcan Science Academy? A human colony world that has gone totalitarian and wants to split from the UFP (New Britannia, anyone? :P)

Yes, contrivances can be well and good, to bring things into the game especially. And yes it can be hard to always make them seem to be less than a contrivance, but that doesn't mean giving up on making things tie-in as well as they might, either.

Or giving up on what's already here.
    NewMixedCrest.jpg?width=350&height=170
    McVittie's Marauders - The House of Arrgh
    Website
    Discord
    I absolutely, positively, will not create more characters in STO now that I have five six seven eight nine ten!
    McVittie/Saren/Arrgh Son of Jahn/Taev Dar/Professor Moriarty/Mia/Vittie/Vidtana'Clan/Suram/Sarela
  • Options
    talgeezetalgeeze Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    I also LOVED that at last our choices finally matter past the current map, as our choices in Part 1 impact the bosses in Part 2. That's some significant progress!
    I haven't seen anything indicating the choices you make during part 1 matter in part 2, beyond the three accolades you can get in part 1.
  • Options
    baldcapbaldcap Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Not a happy camper tried to run the mission on my main tune but for fourth time and cannot advance after killing the Teket/borg fight... really pissed and will not replay it again to to being killed so many times... I have seen this issue on youtube also with the Romulan getting killed but not allowied to advance... this mission is not worth my time or effort anymore just to get the cool pay off... this should have been been broken into smaller chunks...