What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anyone else getting DC a lot?

2»

Comments

• Options
    acethepugacethepug Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    I can't even get into the game. I know it isn't deliberate, but this is NOT a good showing.
  • Options
    jozen#9312 jozen Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    I hae only successfully logged in to toons on DS9. One left DS9 and now can not log in
  • Options
    wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I played for 2 hours right until the maintenance started. Everything ran smoothly - no lag, no rubberbanding, no dc.

Since the maintenance, it's been virtually unplayble - massive lag, rubberbanding, dc, frequent red "server not responding" messages, button clicks that won't register on Doff and admiralty, unable to finish a complete run of Omega minigame (it ends and awards one particle), proximity prompts for bank, mail, Q don't register, and don't even ask about the exchange.

Usually when there is a problem, it's usually limited to a particular map. This time, it's every map I entered and every instance.
  • Options
    gulremalgulremal Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Typical unpreparedness due to the increased player activity caused by the Anniversary Event. I can't even log in due to server timeouts.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    It is either the patch, or it's the Anniversary getting too many people back in the game. But I got disconnected two or three times today.

But I managed to play through the new missions. The problem seemed to mostly occur when switching characters.

There was also lag, yes. Particular in public areas.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    /Merged
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    Supper Laggy Can't do anything please Fix it
  • Options
    warfrogdudewarfrogdude Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I can't even log in, I get timed out on ever try
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    stlheestlhee Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Too many players are there now? Many years ago (when I began playing) there were more, I think, without problems.
    I hope tonight's giveaway stays till thursday.
  • Options
    tls1970tls1970 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I have tried many times but keep getting sever timeout. Please fix this.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    If our suspicions about the DDoS-prevention software are correct, the extra number of logins today would a) trigger the slowdowns, because Akamai doesn't know from MMOs; and b) be something Cryptic couldn't "prepare" for, because if it's Akamai, that's a third-party package employed by their ISP. If you get in but are experiencing horrible lag/rubberbanding, by all means take a tracert and put an image in the Lag-Hunting thread at the top of this subforum. The more data, the better.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 251 Arc User

Preventative Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance.......Read it, Study it, Live it.........lol

"Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • Options
    shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    Well looks lie they shut down the servers so hopefully they are working on it . Funny as I was playing the some "Rubberband Man" by the Spinners on my player ... the irony lol
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • Options
    nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    Game is literally unplayable for me. I can't get past the character select screen before I'm booted out. The server has been as stable as a wet hanky for 5 days now and has finally crumpled it seems.
  • Options
    dinforathdirdinforathdir Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @shrimphead2015 said:
    > Well looks lie they shut down the servers so hopefully they are working on it . Funny as I was playing the some "Rubberband Man" by the Spinners on my player ... the irony lol

Nope servers are up - just gotta try about 10 times or more to get in. Once you're in it's unplayable so I would say either wait till they fix it or not bother today
  • Options
    stylopsstylops Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    Log in and basically have a desktop wallpaper instead of a game. Can't move, no one around me seems to be able to move either. Tried to enter the new mission on a different character and it took 5 minutes for my ship to even show up.

Weirdly, on my first character to actually log in, I actually was fine everywhere, with no lag in ESD, K7, Vulcan or sector space. But that was a secondary character I wasn't playing much lately. My main though...yeah...
  • Options
    sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    On the loading screen at 100% for 15 seconds, then 10 more seconds to the ship to appear in the game, while its just a Sol Station pic, Yep, PW was really on the ball with this update. Glad I still play WOW as well, that game works.
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
This discussion has been closed.