test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Azure Nebula Oversight

gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
Admiral Quinn tells us to go help the Romulan Republic by rescuing their ships from the Tholians, so we go to the location only to be hailed by an Imperial Romulan Commander telling us that every loss is critical for her people, and proceed to rescue Republic vessels.

While they are indeed Romulan regardless of their loyalty, I dont think that's what she originally meant. Please replace the dialouge with a Republic Commander, it should be a few minutes work at most. literally editing a text field.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    Maybe she's a mole for the republic? Just because a romulan wears older style clothing doesn't make them an imperialist Romulan automatically. I have to ask as well, why fix what isn't broke? Also why not just change the clothing if it's that big of an issue? Not really seeing a problem here.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    edited December 2019
    The main issue with Azure Nebula is that it was a bit of a relic from before the Republic was fully established. New Romulus Rep came before anything with the Republic in Legacy of Romulus. So back then they used existing Imperial assets. The Tau Dewa patrols still have the Romulan ships you rescue listed as Imperial faction rather than Republic, and a lot of the NPCs on New Romulus adventure zone are still listed as Imperial faction and any in uniform are wearing Imperial uniforms.

It would be a nice QoL improvement to update the NPCs to Republic as they do exist. In Where Angels Fear to Tread, we actually rescue Republic captives aboard the Tal Shiar ship that was boarded by Borg. And in many of the later missions we actually do have Republic faction NPCs. Its just anything pre LoR still kinda uses the old assets and faction. In my personal opinion it would be nice to hear that someone knows about this and passed it along for consideration. Even just saying "we're aware of this and will look into it when we've got the time" would be better than nothing.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    Fair enough. I'll ask them about it next time i get the chance.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Unless the changed it while I wasn't looking, I'm pretty sure the Romulan officer in that TFO is already one from the Romulan Republic; Subcommander Mivek, aboard the R.R.W. M'sarr.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
This discussion has been closed.