test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is so good about Beacon of Kahless?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    (Offensive comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    w00qw00q Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    Wow, so other STO users activating their Beacon of Kahless would blind / 'white out' your screen also?
    ~~~~Please STO developers, please make Beacon of Kahless white out only user's screen (and not others' screen).

I'm horrified.
    ...I wish it just showed the 'white out' for the user and not for everyone else. I have never understood why they would put an item like this in the game, it's completely and totally annoying.

I hate it.

w00q wrote: »
    I also hope that STO developers can tone down the "brightness", for the eyes of those using HDR monitors.
    Yours truly is using one, and this "brightness" hurts our eyes even during daytime indoor use!
    We actually have to look *away* from the HDR monitor when we expect these "bright" explosions may occur.
    Also, we cannot turn down our monitor brightness, because then the screen becomes too "dark" to play effectively.

~Beacon of Kahless
    ~Assault on Terok Nor TFO (those concussion grenades)
    ~Bug Hunt TFO (those frequently exploding rocks especially)
  • Options
    jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    @w00q Yep, and that's why basically everyone hates it. Though it's true that the usage has gone done significantly since it was first acquired, everytime it pops it's still just as annoying.​​
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Wow, so other STO users activating their Beacon of Kahless would blind / 'white out' your screen also?
    ~~~~Please STO developers, please make Beacon of Kahless white out only user's screen (and not others' screen).

I'm horrified.
    ...I wish it just showed the 'white out' for the user and not for everyone else. I have never understood why they would put an item like this in the game, it's completely and totally annoying.

I hate it.

I also hope that STO developers can tone down the "brightness", for the eyes of those using HDR monitors.
    Yours truly is using one, and this "brightness" hurts our eyes even during daytime indoor use!
    We actually have to look *away* from the HDR monitor when we expect these "bright" explosions may occur.
    Also, we cannot turn down our monitor brightness, because then the screen becomes too "dark" to play effectively.

~Beacon of Kahless
    ~Assault on Terok Nor TFO (those concussion grenades)
    ~Bug Hunt TFO (those frequently exploding rocks especially)

Yeah if it was just self-blinding it wouldn't be such an issue as you can prepare for it most of the time (it's quite rare for a person to accidently activate a power like that) but what you can't prepare is others using it.

personally I've used it once or twice I think and not after that.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    You'd think ship designers would have some kind of antiglare built in to their viewscreens after going to the bother of setting up systems to counter the effects of grav wells and the like.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    You'd think ship designers would have some kind of antiglare built in to their viewscreens after going to the bother of setting up systems to counter the effects of grav wells and the like.
    It's gonna be installed on tuesday.

Right after the seatbelts, the circuit breakers for the bridge consoles, and the toilets.
  • Options
    ucgsquawk#5883 ucgsquawk Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    Was in a queue on the weekend where all four other players activated it one after another just as the big bad guys at the end of the queue came in....it was painful, could definitely use a tone down or make it the using player only.
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    monodoso wrote: »
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    All hail the Bacon of Kahless

Did someone say Bacon

All hail Kahless and Bacon
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    Considering what Klingon's eat they'd probably find bacon bland and boring. XD
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Bacon is comfort food, for klingons that needs to at least wriggle when swallowed.
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    Bacon is comfort food, for klingons that needs to at least wriggle when swallowed.

That can be taken in just so many wrong ways LOL in the immortal words of George Takei oh my
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    is the beacon of kahless the weaponized lens flares we see in Discovery?

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
This discussion has been closed.