test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Jem'Hadar Vanguard BOFFs Losing Engineered Soldier (Space) Trait? (PC)

leshockleshock Member Posts: 3 Arc User
I created a new Jem'Hadar Vanguard captain for the latest recruitment event, and realized that the Vanguard Jem'Hadar BOFFs (Eko'Ixtan, Metama'Kagal, Rem'Tral, etc.) for my new character did not have the Engineered Soldier (Space) trait. So I logged in to my old Jem'Hadar Vanguard Captain, and none of those BOFFs have the trait either anymore?

I checked the STO Wiki https://sto.gamepedia.com/Trait:_Engineered_Soldier_(Space)/boff, searched these forums and the web, read through the last few months of patch notes, and could not find any information about this. Is it a bug? They all still have Engineered Soldier (Ground).
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I do believe your bridge officers aren't Vanguard. hence no trait. The Gamma Vanguard Pack does contains 3 Vanguard boffs with the space trait.
    Post edited by kaithan1975 on
  • Options
    leshockleshock Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Wow, I guess you're right? At least on my new Vanguard Jem'Hadar. I claimed them from the "Personnel" tab of the C-Store just now and got three new Jem'Hadar Vanguard BOFFs with different names and the correct traits.
    Of course, now I have like 10 Jem'Hadar BOFFs total and will have to dismiss some!

It just seems weird that they would give you so many BOFFs and then make you claim your Vanguard ones separately.

I also could've sworn that the Vanguard BOFFs came with my first Vanguard Jem'Hadar captain automatically.
    Anyway, thanks for the response!
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    As mentioned, the default boffs on any Jem'Hadar character are just regular Jem'Hadar.
    The Vanguard Bridge Officers must be claimed form the Store.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    As mentioned, the default boffs on any Jem'Hadar character are just regular Jem'Hadar.
    The Vanguard Bridge Officers must be claimed form the Store.

Assuming you bought the Gamma Vanguard Pack.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Assuming you bought the Gamma Vanguard Pack.
    Yep, that too! :wink:
    Or just the Boff pack.
    Or claimed it when it was free for one day much earlier in the year...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/