test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starship Trait: Heavy Tachyon Mine doesn't proc from System Targeting Attacks

x10110100x10110100 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
I purchased the Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer and the Starship Trait does not create the Heavy Tachyon Mine when I use the ship based Subsystem Targeting Attacks.

Description in game and on the web page:

Heavy Tachyon Mine Starship Trait. While this trait is slotted, activating Beam: Overload, Beam: Fire at Will, Cannon: Rapid Fire, Cannon: Rapid Fire or any Subsystem Targeting ability will cause your starship to deploy a Heavy Tachyon Mine behind your ship. This large mine is easier for your enemies to see than smaller mines, but it has a larger tracking distance and a larger area of effect. Upon impact, this mine will cause high kinetic damage(with 100% shield penetration) in a 3km area and will leave behind a Tachyon Particle Hazard that will heavily damage shields to any foe that remains within it. Unlike normal mine explosions, the Heavy Tachyon Mine's explosion will not harm the starship that deploys it. Additionally, if the Mine is destroyed by an enemy, it will still explode causing damage as normal.

The description says "Any Subsystem Targeting ability will cause your Starship to deploy a Heavy Tachyon Mine"

From the description that says "any" I think it's reasonable that people would think that includes the ones that come from the ship that grants the trait.

Please fix this and make the effect work with all subsystem targeting attacks.

Thank you.

Comments

• darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,713 Community Moderator
    Are you sure it's not getting blasted as soon as you spawn? also are you using a boff power version of the subsystem targeting or one that comes with that ship?
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • renegadejtx1701renegadejtx1701 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    This still seems to be broken, or at least not working with the ship-based target subsystems. Any update on this? This means that obviously, Relocate Mines does not become active since no mine is being generated. Same issue as above. What was the outcome of the original post?