test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Story line weapons sets that need to be complete sets

mrgardenermrgardener Member Posts: 177 Arc User
(For Clarification, not set powers or bonuses, just pieces such as dual beam banks, dual heavys, turrets, beam arrays etc.)

So, in the story missions we have weapons such as, Piercing Tetryon, Plasma disruptor hybrids and last of all Dominion Polaron... Luckily the romulans have access to a full set of weapon's for caustic plasma. however feel that be great if we had full sets for above weapons I've listed!

Dominion Polaron for example comes as just beam arrays and dual cannons.. be nice if we had dual beam banks, turrets and dual heavy's! plus wouldnt the dominion Polaron not suit the jem'hadar faction more than Vanilla polaron? giving full sets on these weapons increases choice for the players!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• pmsattlerpmsattler Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Agreed. If you have Romulan Hyper-Impulse Torps and Hybrid beams, then you should definitely come out with a polaron set that includes dominion styled weapons. This would definitely make playing a Jem'Hadar worth it.
    Fleet Admiral of The Lost boys

"Dreams are born in the deepest of minds, and destroyed in the shallowest of ones."
  • airwolf66airwolf66 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    i would like to see a better selection of dominion polaron than whats available,even for the plasma disruptor hybrids.
  • boneskiner#0967 boneskiner Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm all for this, especially having more types of the piercing and dominion polaron
  • mrgardenermrgardener Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    pmsattler wrote: »
    Agreed. If you have Romulan Hyper-Impulse Torps and Hybrid beams, then you should definitely come out with a polaron set that includes dominion styled weapons. This would definitely make playing a Jem'Hadar worth it.
    Hybrids were my first ever set ingame! always kinda wished I had plasma disruptor turrets in the back with the dual heavies!
    airwolf66 wrote: »
    i would like to see a better selection of dominion polaron than whats available,even for the plasma disruptor hybrids.

yeah, we need a better selection! I honestly think be great for the sto community to have more choice!
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I assume you mean selection of weapons, like having regular beams, dual beams, dcs, turrets, etc, not an actual set with set bonuses. I'm for this, as a lot of those throwaway weapons are interesting, but you really don't have many options for a filling out a full build with them.
  • lililyana3lililyana3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hey!! I love this Idea!!!!! especially if I could get those Piercing tetryon beam arrays! only dual beam banks are available!!!
    I assume you mean selection of weapons, like having regular beams, dual beams, dcs, turrets, etc, not an actual set with set bonuses. I'm for this, as a lot of those throwaway weapons are interesting, but you really don't have many options for a filling out a full build with them.

Correct! selection of weapons, I updated the forum post to make a note.
  • rey#1619 rey Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I'm all for this! There's often times when doing an episode where I don't know what to choose so I just take something random because it's only different cannons being available and I use beams or vice versa. Or there's only weapons that can be fitted on front, but you might need something for aft at the time, or maybe you're going with a theme of weapons and there's currently only a few parts available for the type of build you'd like to make. List goes on, and those episode disposables are often what you rely on as a new player or on a new toon as you're progressing in the game and may not want to, or you're not able to afford to get equipment from lock boxes either through opening boxes or buying from exchange. Personally I don't even bother buying special gear until I can use at least X, XI or XII so I know I'll stick with the equipment for a while, and I end up not using the episode disposables much at all because it's not possible to get a whole set of them to fit anywhere on a ship.
  • tovahktovahk Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I totally agree. It would be a good way to make weapon set builds for those "endeavour" times. oJ
    rey#1619 wrote: »
    I'm all for this! There's often times when doing an episode where I don't know what to choose so I just take something random because it's only different cannons being available and I use beams or vice versa. Or there's only weapons that can be fitted on front, but you might need something for aft at the time, or maybe you're going with a theme of weapons and there's currently only a few parts available for the type of build you'd like to make. List goes on, and those episode disposables are often what you rely on as a new player or on a new toon as you're progressing in the game and may not want to, or you're not able to afford to get equipment from lock boxes either through opening boxes or buying from exchange. Personally I don't even bother buying special gear until I can use at least X, XI or XII so I know I'll stick with the equipment for a while, and I end up not using the episode disposables much at all because it's not possible to get a whole set of them to fit anywhere on a ship.
    If I could Pin this post as number one response I defiantely would.

• ryeesha#4586 ryeesha Member Posts: 1 Arc User

Always thought of making a drain build for pve, Dominion Polaron seem to be a good choice, but I'd rather if there was turrets and dual beam bank versions of the Dominion Polaron also on offer! will get the beams soon but please, more choices the better
  • karlcastlekarlcastle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    More options the better! Love to have a good themed build for my Jem'hadar and perhaps even make a theme build for those plasma disruptor hybrids. I also would like to see temporal agents, ALL temporal agents, get the blinking Temporal Transponder. STO's own documentation says ALL temporal agents get the temporal transponder.
  • duckdaworldduckdaworld Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    "I'm DuckDAWorld and I approve this massage."

#quaaack #LLAP #S31 =/\=
    [Fleet Admiral DuckDAWorld - Universal Fleet Official Cancelor]
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    I prefer that weapons come in different varieties and force players to make choices to optimize individual gameplay.
  • lashedtodeck#3095 lashedtodeck Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I would like to see story line equipment, weapons and ship equipment created for all characters. The OP has pointed out something which we all should be asking Cryptic to look at this more closely.
    Having weapons, shields, engines, E.T.C. which are all story line based will help new players get into the game and want to complete the story based parts of the game.

As for giving players a choice, once a player has tear 6 on Reps and has their character of a level for which they feel a set based equipment is do able, then having special, story based equipment could and would be fun, EVEN if players do not use them in the long run, allowing players to have a full set of each race within the story line, will improve the game for all.

All types of species equipment may bring more fun to a game where it can feel boring for those that die all the time as they cannot get good stuff until they hit tear 5 in Reps.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    once you have unlocked the weapons after doing the missions, these weapons should be craftable (cannon, turret, dbb, beam array).

A long time ago, i wanted a full build of dominion polaron beam array (7 beams), but after 2 missions done; i had abandoned the idea: 7 times "kurland here", impossible without becoming mad.
    once you have unlocked the weapons after doing the missions, these weapons should be craftable (cannon, turret, dbb, beam array).

A long time ago, i wanted a full build of dominion polaron beam array (7 beams), but after 2 missions done; i had abandoned the idea: 7 times "kurland here", impossible without becoming mad.
    100% agreed that they should be craftable once you done the mission! it would be obvious you obtained the blueprint to create them! I weathered the storm with Kurland! was worth it in the end!

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    mrgardener wrote: »

100% agreed that they should be craftable once you done the mission! it would be obvious you obtained the blueprint to create them! I weathered the storm with Kurland! was worth it in the end!

So did I. It's quite easy to ignore "Kurland here!" after a few times of hearing it. It just becomes background noise.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • jkwrangler2010jkwrangler2010 Member Posts: 263 Arc User

Turn your speakers off?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    If you get tired of Kurland, enjoy a run at 'Delta Flight'. Not making it through the rings in time? You'll be happy to hear Kurland instead of Tom Paris. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    If you get tired of Kurland, enjoy a run at 'Delta Flight'. Not making it through the rings in time? You'll be happy to hear Kurland instead of Tom Paris. ;)
    haha so many get so annoyed at that episode! I do like the console from it though, polaric modulator I believe!
    echatty wrote: »

So did I. It's quite easy to ignore "Kurland here!" after a few times of hearing it. It just becomes background noise.

Was worth going through the audio assault from Kurland! Dominion Polaron are my favourite polaron!

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    haha so many get so annoyed at that episode! I do like the console from it though, polaric modulator I believe!
    It's extra amusing when you consider it's fully doable even in a giant fat ship.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • duckdaworldduckdaworld Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    "I'm DuckDAWorld and I approve this message."

#quaaack #LLAP #S31 =/\=
    [Fleet Admiral DuckDAWorld - Universal Fleet Official Cancelor]
    "I'm DuckDAWorld and I approve this message."

#quaaack #LLAP #S31 =/\=

Thank you for your endorsement my friend!!!

It's extra amusing when you consider it's fully doable even in a giant fat ship.

haha true! Think i did it in my tholian tarantula before!
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User

It is a lot harder if you do it at low levels with a low level engine and no skill in impulse expertise or whatever. Getting stopped every other ring is really annoying.
  • darkspeakerdarkspeaker Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    It would be nice if mission rewards for missions you've already completed were made available for purchase in a mission store of some kind, along with perhaps variations of said mission items.
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    It would be nice if mission rewards for missions you've already completed were made available for purchase in a mission store of some kind, along with perhaps variations of said mission items.

I'm guessing you mean something that would eliminate the repeat grind? If so, I can get behind that. ~glares hard at "Step Between Stars" ...~ Though yes, it would also be nice to have more options for Piercing Tetryon, Dominion Polaron and friends.

Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
This discussion has been closed.