test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TOS Dual Beam Bank change on the TOS Connie ?

I fly around with my TOS connie a little bit and it seems that the TOS DBB dont fire a twin beam from the dome under the saucer anymore. now it just looks like one beam. this would be a real bummer if it was changed because the old look was solid canon. I havent had this impression some days ago i last fly the ship

Comments

• rickvic#6033 rickvic Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Yop,there is clearly a change in the ship. other DBB also now fire only one beam instead of the twins
    Mod, could you please move this thread in the right forum if this place is wrong (bugreport?)
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    /Moved
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    That's because there is a beam array called "twin-beam array" or sometzhing along the lines which is a single beam array but with a twin beam visual. The regular beams and DBBs of the TOS collection have been changed with AoY.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    No thats something new. i always check the visuals on the ships. The TOS Conny skin uses the DBB like shown in the series, as firing an twin beam from the dome under the saucer. i have played a lot with this ship and check the effects. its even a new bug/change or it comes with the slimmer phaser visual
    I have 4 DBB and one normal TOS twin beam aray in the front of my TOS Connie, i would have noticed it if the change would be older. i am pretty ocd about immersion and canon, so i keep an special eye open for visuals and there changes