test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rep gear must haves

annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,602 Arc User
So I'm looking at my reps, got most of them to tier 5. and I realise that a lot of the rep gear that use to be a must have may not be anymore.
I realise that gear is very subjective, but i am curious.. it use to be that the Borg console and kinetic cutting beam, and the nukara consoles were "must have" but only my tetryon builds have the nuk console, and i do not use the borg 2 pc at all anymore. I also split the engineering equipment. I'm currently playing with the assimilated deflector and impulse, and the bajor warp core and shield. for my typical phaser builds, I always use Domino and the quantum relay sine I like the gravimetric torpedo, to me it's a no brainer to do the 2 pc and add the proton particle console. if I have room I add an RCS console with res a and the particle exciter with resB. am I missing newer consoles that are part of a build's foundation?
We Want Vic Fontaine
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    Well, as I am sure you know.. the 'must have' items really depend on the ship and the build. That being said, there are a few that are pretty commonly used.

First is the Terran Task Force Phaser Beam Array. This is from the Terran Reputation and is currently the most powerful single beam in the game. You can only equip one of them, the proc is amazing.

Next is the 2pc Bonus from the Trilithium Laced Weaponry set. Most go with the console and the Omni to get the 2pc 'Speed Tweaks' which is very powerful and a staple in most Phaser Builds.

If you are a more wealthy player and can obtain the Atlas Prototype Dreadnought Curiser then you can get the Dynamic Power Redistributor Module. If you equip that and then buy a cheap second console from that set like the secondary shield projector, that gives you a 33% Phaser Damage boost. The DPRM is a great console and I like the Secondary Shield for some extra survivability. You get the 2pc bonus, but you also get 2 great consoles.. problem is that the Atlas is expensive.

The Ordnance Accelerator console from the Gamma Rep is also really strong on Phaser builds. If you can squeeze another piece of it in, you also get a 2pc bonus to Phaser.

You already mentioned the Quantum Phase set, so I won't go into that.. but on cannon builds the the Heavy Bio-Molecular Phaser Turret is another great item and the set also has a 2 pc bonus.

The Borg console is still good, adding Critical Chance and Severity is always a good path. Most don't use the 2pc anymore because the Borg Omni is frankly trash and not worth slotting just for the 2pc.

D.O.M.I.N.O. is another great one that you already have.

Those are the biggest ones right now.. how you fit them in depends on your build obviously, but hopefully that gives you some ideas to consider. I know it's probably not totally relivant to your builds but if you want to see how I incorporated them in a Phasser Build this is how I built my Gagarin. Again, by no means am I saying that my build is 'right' or that you should use it.. it's just there for ideas in case it helps.

Good luck, if you have any specific build questions, please feel free to ask. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    As usual Sea does not leave anything open for others to add. :)

One thing to highlight that you can find in his build is a Prevailing Impulse Engine from the respective reputation.

On high end teamed runs players favor the Innervated version, on casual PvE the fortified one. The thing grands a substantial speed boost and directly tunes your S of DPS. Peeps use it on all kinds of builds no matter if cannons, beams, torps or epg. If others in your team don’t have it you going to be the first one there doing it, whatever it may be.

It’s simply too good to be left out so it is something I would consider “must have” from a reputation.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,602 Arc User
    Thank you! can you please define "activating Firing Mode Bridge Officer abilities"? is that faw or BO? or is it the right click to enable autofiring?
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    Thank you! can you please define "activating Firing Mode Bridge Officer abilities"? is that faw or BO? or is it the right click to enable autofiring?

It's exactly what you said.. Fire At Will, Beam Overload, Scatter Volley, Rapid Fire.. etc. :smile:
  • Options
    edited September 2019

If you pick the Innervated version activating the boff abilities Fire at Will, Beam Overload, Cannon: Scatter Volley, Cannon: Rapid Fire, Torpedo Spread, Torpedo High Yield (and I think also the mine abilities Dispersal pattern Alpha and Beta) will trigger the speed boost.

While in high end runs players have no heals left as they are outsourced to supporters or triggered by also weapon ability activated colony tac consoles in casual PvE we usually have hazard emitters and one or two more heals. The Fortified version of the engine has the benefit to get its speed boost triggered by those and lets one time this boost a bit better. In the end it turns out to be a matter of personal preference. I for one favor the Fortified one though folks with a more min/max attitude will encourage learning to get used to the Innervated one. :)
    animated.gif
  • Options
    I'm with Pete, I love the Fortified variant. I do try to perform well, but I don't totally min/max. I get more use out of the fortified and find it easier to control it so that I just get the boost when I need it.
  • Options
    lasoniolasonio Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    in regards to the Synergistic Retrofitting set, i would by pass the secondary shield console and get the point defense bombardment warhead for the 25% additional projectile damage to go with the 33% phaser and lean myself heavily towards defense from traits like molt and rep traits like energy refrequncer and the likes making pure offense my defense.

Couple that with the prolonged engagement set. The torp launcher and the the console for the regen to boff skills and the haste given to torpedo's with such a wide arcing set not to mention the additional 10 to all power levels. ATM with my sets and skills all my power levels are over 105 highest being weapons at 145 lowest being engines at 106 but if i switch out the stamets Tilly set and put back the heavily personable bajor defense set i get over 115 per power set. This set shines best if you can get Entwined Tactical Matrices (Must have for any beam build, you can literally maintain befaw forever), Supremacy (if you can afford it) Super charged weapons, and majority-minority.

Three of those skills are fairly cheap the other is a little on the expensive side.

If its possible for you you should also make an attempt to get the proton charge launcher and broadside emitter from the Alternate Timeline set, the whole set is relatively cheap except for the broadside for feds but mainly for the 2 pc bonus.

With my build I do around 20k crits per beam per hit so generally takes me around a few seconds to finish the phaser damage space quest for the endeavors. So if you want to look into those as well then you should have ,ore then enough information to make a good dps build
    Even god rested. No work ethic.
  • Options
    lasonio wrote: »
    in regards to the Synergistic Retrofitting set, i would by pass the secondary shield console and get the point defense bombardment warhead for the 25% additional projectile damage to go with the 33% phaser and lean myself heavily towards defense from traits like molt and rep traits like energy refrequncer and the likes making pure offense my defense.

A lot of people go that route, for me personally.. since I don't use Torps, I go with the shield. The Secondary Shield Projector also doesn't make you have to buy another lobi ship just for the console.

I use many of those traits you listed as well, they're excellent picks.
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Thread title makes no sense, there are no must have items.

Perhaps you have not noticed but different peeps are different.

I find this thread’s title to make perfect sense. Easy to understand and even more easy to answer. With a bit of luck the player who asked the question comes out of it happy (not to mention others who read it) and that alone makes it all worthwhile. ;)
    animated.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2019

A lot of people go that route, for me personally.. since I don't use Torps, I go with the shield. The Secondary Shield Projector also doesn't make you have to buy another lobi ship just for the console.

I set up K’ris’ Shepard the same way. On a tank the secondary shielding is nice and outdoes the torpedo console which only offers +1% crit H for the worth of a lobi ship. If one min/maxes all DPS out of it sure but even here it feels like splitting hairs.

By the way, eventhough the Gagarin has no attract fire I found a single +threat embassy console to be suffice to grab enough agro in HSE when we run it with OCD. Judging from your loadout a role you could easily try out yourself with the build you made. :)
    animated.gif
  • Options

I set up K’ris’ Shepard the same way. On a tank the secondary shielding is nice and outdoes the torpedo console which only offers +1% crit H for the worth of a lobi ship. If one min/maxes all DPS out of it sure but even here it feels like splitting hairs.

By the way, eventhough the Gagarin has no attract fire I found a single +threat embassy console to be suffice to grab enough agro in HSE when we run it with OCD. Judging from your loadout a role you could easily try out yourself with the build you made. :)

Interesting, I'll have to look into that. Thanks! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.