test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Who here wants to see more faction outfits released especially for RR, Kdf and Dominion?

2»

Comments

• Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    Yes would love to see more attire options.
    ltminns wrote: »
    They probably won't add a Romulan Ground Set because the New Romulus Reputation doesn't have any Elite Marks to gouge us for.
    That certainly didn't preclude the existence of its space sets...
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    No but that's the way it was when they built the Reputation. For the Ground Set they'd be adding it afterwards. Not saying I don't want it as I like Romulan and Nakura for the lack of need for the Elite Marks.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Other
    They probably won't add a Romulan Ground Set because the New Romulus Reputation doesn't have any Elite Marks to gouge us for.
    "Gouge?" :confused:

If they wanted it to have an elite mark they'd make one. But in all honesty the rom rep is 7 years over and done with. They've got new stuff to work on.
  • Options
    Yes, gouge. There is no way that Ground sets should cost the same number of Elite Marks as Space Sets. They should be 2 at most like the Weapons sets.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,344 Community Moderator
    The extra 3 Elite Marks are to cover the costs of your costume unlock. :-)
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    Other
    There is no way that Ground sets should cost the same number of Elite Marks as Space Sets.
    Why not?
  • Options
    Personal Shield vs a Shield for an entire Ship. Rifle vs a Beam Bank. Scale.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    Given they are opening up ships to each others factions. I can't see why they can't do this with outfits personally. I wonder if Cbs approved them opening up the romulan ships for the other factions. But yeah I'd really like to see more outfits. Open up to Romulan players espeically. If they will do that to Jem Hadar feds why not Romulan faction players?
  • Options
    Other
    Personal Shield vs a Shield for an entire Ship. Rifle vs a Beam Bank. Scale.
    By that logic, ground missions shouldn't reward the same either.

Game mechanics don't care about such things. An item is an item is an item.
  • Options
    The Marks cost are less for Reputation Ground Equipment vs. Space. 66.666%. Dilitium costs less as well.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    Other
    The Marks cost are less for Reputation Ground Equipment vs. Space. 66.666%. Dilitium costs less as well.
    So?

They can quite literally cost anything Cryptic feels like making them cost.
  • Options
    They can make them cost Billions and Billions of Marks too if they want, but they don't. By the reasoning of game mechanics don't care, 'an item is an item', Reputation Space Weapons should cost the same as well.

So?

... So, a needle pulling thread...
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Oh, Romulan Uniforms from the 'Message in a Bottle' Voyager Episode. Those TNG ones are hideous.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    Other
    They can make them cost Billions and Billions of Marks too if they want, but they don't. By the reasoning of game mechanics don't care, 'an item is an item', Reputation Space Weapons should cost the same as well.
    They should cost whatever Cryptic wants them to cost.
  • Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Other
    "Yes, I want more costume options" isn't the same thing as "I want more outfits especially for RR, Dom, and KDF". I do totally agree that they could use way more choices (Hesitant about the Jem'Hadar, but I guess the point of Home was getting Jems to be more individualistic), but there's still a tribble hoard's worth of canon things to give the Federation too (Yes, I know I'm soooo entitled). But ultimately, I want more non-uniform, crossfaction stuff! I want more stuff like clubwear and tuxedos and swimsuits! Seriously, I would pay SO MUCH MONEY for a wedding dress I could kick butt in, or a labcoat, or any sort of halloween cosplay (PLEASE NO CALENDAR OR MAP RESTRICTIONS). Unrealistic hopes for sure, but c'mon, life isn't just about duty!

And none of this is to say I play without any sense of immersion. But since so much content is single-player story, ship-based, or already tainted beyond belief (A 1920's mobster with a Tommy Gun, A Borg in sling-halter with palm blasters, and a giant lizard man in a heavy environmental suit carrying a glowstick-sword walk into an arena full of salt-vampires...), we may as well explore some much more fun things, and leave immersion to those who want to be immersed (which we do already so bleh)
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/2Yq3JuKY2kQ
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    the lethean hood
  • Options
    mutantcamel#2832 mutantcamel Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    > @chipg7 said:
    > - Almost all of the TWOK variants in in-game already ...

Where might one acquire these uniforms? They aren't in the list of available uniform DLC's. I saw somewhere that they are included in 23rd century starship interior DLC's, but I can't find those anywhere in the store either.

I'm assuming they're Zen-based purchases?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Check the Dilitium Store. Be prepared to spend a fortune for single Character unlocks.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    Will do, thanks very much!
  • Options
    Just checked and nothing in the Dilithium Store or the Zen Store that I can find for starship interiors. Everything seems to be mostly Discovery things. Very little in the way of other eras. Any other ideas how to find this?
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I would really like them to attempt to actually replicate the TNG/DS9 era Klingon "uniforms". It seems impossible really recreate the canon look.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Just checked and nothing in the Dilithium Store or the Zen Store that I can find for starship interiors. Everything seems to be mostly Discovery things. Very little in the way of other eras. Any other ideas how to find this?

Interiors special ship interiors like defiant and tos I think can be found in the ds9 and tos packs. Bridges have their own section in the zen store. Voyager and Galaxy interiors you have to buy a ship pack or certain ship in order to get those. there is three default options small, medium huge for interiors for kdf and federation with several free bridge options already open.

The dil outfits, which are fed only. Cost way to much dill and are not account wide unlocks yeah there is a reason why I didn't buy them even if I might be interested. Unless they change those I'm just not wasting money on them. I would like to see them convert those to latinum outfits because latinum needs more options and open those outfits up to the respective ally factions to the federation, jem and romulans respectively. Edit I don't know why I mixed up latinum and lobi. But yeah I really like to see the expensive dill outfits added to the latinum store and as options for allied roms and jems.

• Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User

take a look at your ship customization (with a dude at a starbase or an other place). there is a tool to change your starship interior, all the available bridges are listed. prices from 320 ec to 1500 ec (if I don't make a mistake). for 1500 ec, you have an entire pack, for example for the TOS pack, you have the bridge, the ship interior, a shuttle, uniforms etc.
  • Options
    While I'm happy that the new kelvin costume will have a varient for all the factions. Kinda hoping roms and jems can access both varients while allied to the federation.
  • Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    Other
    There still are several outfits that can't be used by players… like for example, RR-players get a basic Tal Shiar uniform but not the cool extras Hakeev or Sela use.

More outfits never hurt, but tbh, there are many many outfits that need a quality pass too. Like almost all of the pre-oddy-uniforms.
This discussion has been closed.