test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Diplomacy at its finest.

voyager1331voyager1331 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
The federation was built on diplomacy, cooperation and understanding so why are there almost no diplomacy missions in the game. almost all of the missions are shoot this person/blow up that ship. I remember when there were a few diplomacy missions in the game but most of them have been removed. There were "diplomatic star cluster" missions "diplomatic investigations" and first contact missions if you leveled up your diplomacy commendation. At this point diplomacy missions have been moved to almost only doff missions. Devs please add more diplomacy missions and put the above mentioned missions back in. If you would like I could even write the missions for you.

Comments

• bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    The Diplomacy/First Contact missions have been very broken, for a very long time. It might be redone eventually, but the conclusion of DSC and ViL content are the things that will come first.

There's always RP, if you really want to immerse yourself.
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    This sounds very familiar... the record is almost as broken as those missions were.

Star Trek Online's specialty is covering the more violent side of Star Trek and the diplomacy stuff is not something they do well, which they should not be forced to do to the detriment of the game. They are 2 different sources, each with their own strengths and weaknesses to take into account.

Put simply; if you want diplomacy, you put in a Star Trek DVD. If you want fighting, you play a Star Trek game.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    There were a lot of good Diplomacy missions in the old days. In orbit of Defera, on Starbase 39, on Vulcan...
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • dariusturaldariustural Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    Sadly, losing the Foundry lost a lot of great diplomacy themed episodes.

Nailed it right on the head.
  • eugeneoneileugeneoneil Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I've heard Kael address this exact issue in a live stream, and his response was that as much as they might like to give role-players a mission that "rewards diplomacy", it's hard to think of any way to do that without attracting a million min-maxers ready to exploit the optimal path through the dialog tree that they can finish in a matter of seconds, never bothering to read anything because all they're interested is the reward at the end. And I can't exactly say he's wrong that they'd do that.
  • siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    I've heard Kael address this exact issue in a live stream, and his response was that as much as they might like to give role-players a mission that "rewards diplomacy", it's hard to think of any way to do that without attracting a million min-maxers ready to exploit the optimal path through the dialog tree that they can finish in a matter of seconds, never bothering to read anything because all they're interested is the reward at the end. And I can't exactly say he's wrong that they'd do that.

If they had enough content that we weren't constantly repeating the same game loops in the same missions, then that wouldn't be so much of a problem. I mean even this latest event... they give us a mission, a tfo and 4 or 5 patrols. Now repeat them over and over ad nauseam for 3 weeks until you literally never want to see them again.