test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Picard will not be returning to Starfleet

valoreahvaloreah Member Posts: 11,726 Arc User
edited July 2019 in Ten Forward
... Now we know that even though Picard will go to space eventually “in a way that anyone expects,” he won’t return to Starfleet. And he will have to deal with things in a completely different way.

Full article here and original article here
Dear Devs: I enjoyed the Legacy of Romulus expansion much more than the Delta Rising expansion. .
thecosmic1 wrote:
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Yea he's a diplomat not a Starfleet officer, we kinda knew that from the art they showed already :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    As long as he is not the Federation Ambassador to Vulcan, then I don't care if he is not in Starfleet. However, being a Xeno-archaeologist would be far more fun and in line with Picard's interests.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    "Picard won't return to Starfleet. Also, Harrison is not Khan, and Javid Iqbal totally exists and is totally not Shazad Latif."

Yes, it's believable and logical Picard won't technically return to Starfleet, but considering the pedigree of the creators lying for good or bad reasons, I wouldn't take their words as granted.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Dude new trailer dropped today, Picard is going rogue and is not going to rejoin Starfleet.
    Kirk stole the flagship of the Federation while it was under repairs, assaulted at least one prison guard, broke someone out, TRIBBLE into ESD's main doors, damaged the transwarp drive of the latest Starfleet toy, killed a bunch of Klingons (in self defense), accessed a possibly restricted newly-formed planet, violated the Temporal Prime Directive several times, brought a 20th human in the 23rd century, searched for nuclear wessels, stole a Klingon BoP after killing most of its crew during a time of relative peace and saved the whole planet again.

I'm sure Picard will be fine no matter what he does if he ever wants to come back to Starfleet.

EDIT: Also, since when is "h.a.c.k.e.d" an offensive word?

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    (flame/troll/filter bypass removed) - darkbladejk

also...way more than several - the X-files anagram temporal agent from DS9 said kirk has an entire drawer dedicated to his temporal violations ALONE​​
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlY516VbHBY

BORG!!!! Also Hugh, and 7 of 9, and B4/sort-of-Data.

I found it interesting how similar Spiner's voice is to how it was. Stewart, not so much, he just sounds old.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    yeah...patrick stewart's most recent speaking role (for me) was Emperor Uriel Septim VII in TESIV: Oblivion back in 2006...and he sounded like he did all through star trek then...i guess 13 years was enough time to let age creep in​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.