New events for Risa

Don't know if they even read these or pay attention to suggestions of feedback, but for the summer events on Risa, maybe add some new events. Maybe a sailboat race, expand the radius of the main island to the other islands we see but can't touch.

How about adding fishing to the game? Cooking? some new crafting would be fun.

Comments

  • leemwatson
    leemwatson Member Posts: 4,624 Arc User
    mattics01 wrote: »
    Don't know if they even read these or pay attention to suggestions of feedback, but for the summer events on Risa, maybe add some new events. Maybe a sailboat race, expand the radius of the main island to the other islands we see but can't touch.

    How about adding fishing to the game? Cooking? some new crafting would be fun.

    As per FCTs....yes they do read these and even act on some feedback.

    As for Risa, I heard mention of the map being updated possibly for next year. So wait and see.
    "You don't want to patrol!? You don't want to escort!? You don't want to defend the Federation's Starbases!? Then why are you flying my Starships!? If you were a Klingon you'd be killed on the spot, but lucky for you.....you WERE in Starfleet. Let's see how New Zealand Penal Colony suits you." Adm A. Necheyev.
  • stolok
    stolok Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Yes! Moar landscape! Especially on Risa where we are allowed to use our floaters and powerboards. The outer islands don't have to have fancy structures or accolades or missions. Although it's not a problem if they do... :smiley: But just having more open space for exploring would be fun.
  • mattics01
    mattics01 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Is they really do read these that would be great if they could bring some of our ideas to their dev meetings to review the possibility.
    I was also thinking, along with maybe a sailboat race, expand the radius of the main island adding fishing to the game, how about a dune buggy kind of race. Maybe open up one of the our islands so that a track could be created for this.

    Just thoughts to keep the content fresh for future so as to avoid the summer event become boring that people stop coming to it..

    fingers crossed. :smile:
  • ighten
    ighten Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    It would be a 100% Fresher if it wasnt freekin Risa -- for yikes sake can the designers have a little imagination for events - we have a whole bundle of unused areas across the galaxy - Its got to the stage where it would be more fun to meditate for 4 hrs on Vulcan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rattler2
    rattler2 Member Posts: 55,529 Community Moderator
    ighten wrote: »
    It would be a 100% Fresher if it wasnt freekin Risa -- for yikes sake can the designers have a little imagination for events - we have a whole bundle of unused areas across the galaxy - Its got to the stage where it would be more fun to meditate for 4 hrs on Vulcan

    Its common to reuse event maps. Even WoW does it.

    Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of squirt gun, even if it doesn't really do anything. Kinda like the snowball from the winter event.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • tousseau
    tousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    With all of those paths out behind the main building... Why not introduce go-carts and host some races?
  • annemarie30
    annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,224 Arc User
    I suspect it would be very hard to do, but can the game mechanics be changed to let us swim?
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • rattler2
    rattler2 Member Posts: 55,529 Community Moderator
    It might be possible. Get the animations for swimming, treat it a bit like a floater for diving...
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • markhawkman
    markhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I suspect it would be very hard to do, but can the game mechanics be changed to let us swim?
    Champions Online has swimming.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • trekkiejedigirl#9564
    trekkiejedigirl#9564 Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    ighten wrote: »
    It would be a 100% Fresher if it wasnt freekin Risa -- for yikes sake can the designers have a little imagination for events - we have a whole bundle of unused areas across the galaxy - Its got to the stage where it would be more fun to meditate for 4 hrs on Vulcan

    Its common to reuse event maps. Even WoW does it.

    Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of squirt gun, even if it doesn't really do anything. Kinda like the snowball from the winter event.

    Er, .... I bet you were one of Those kids I had to worry about in high school, lol, he, he. The gum in my hair, forced wet T shirt contests (and I'm not that big up top) etc., etc., etc., lol, he, he, he. I can see it now: 'There's some dude with a squirt gun on Risa shooting girls in their crotch,' lol. This would be funny if I weren't one of those girls..................;; (all examples mentioned in the spirit of good humor). ;)

    In all seriousness I do love the toys we get from events so some new things to earn on Risa would be nice. I thought the Sailboat Race someone mentioned earlier was an awesome idea especially if the boats were actually dependent on catching a stiff virtual breeze to win. :)
  • trekkiejedigirl#9564
    trekkiejedigirl#9564 Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    OOps, looks like I lost another post :(
  • avoozuul
    avoozuul Member Posts: 3,006 Arc User
    If they do do a new event then I hope it replaces some of the races, four race events per cycle is a bit much.
  • baddmoonrizin
    baddmoonrizin Member Posts: 7,400 Community Moderator
    @trekkiejedigirl#9564 , your posting issue should be resolved.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of PWE/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of PWE/Cryptic
    Contact Customer Support --> https://support.arcgames.com
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online? Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • trekkiejedigirl#9564
    trekkiejedigirl#9564 Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    @baddmoonrizin

    Thank you. Your efforts are graciously appreciated.
  • xyquarze
    xyquarze Member Posts: 2,091 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    If they do do a new event then I hope it replaces some of the races, four race events per cycle is a bit much.

    It of course depends on the new type of event, but since the races are the only events with player interaction, I'd rather lose the second Artifact Hunt.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries