test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

More baseball junk with Risa Event? -_-

lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
Seriously, how do you equate Risa, jungle, beach, and ocean to lets have baseball! How about more swimwear options? New island themed events and gear? Some sort of ancient jungle temple que for people to run? Nope, heres nothing new, but some baseball stuff. Another wasted event...
1e3sni150tar.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    Seriously, how do you equate Risa, jungle, beach, and ocean to lets have baseball! How about more swimwear options? New island themed events and gear? Some sort of ancient jungle temple que for people to run? Nope, heres nothing new, but some baseball stuff. Another wasted event...

I quite like the baseball theme, it's not really been done before and has some deep roots in DS9.
  • Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    I'm surprised that there's no beach tribble volleyball game, area, or emote yet.
  • Options
    dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    New uniforms are very nice, but the new baseball themed ship skins are awesome.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I lost interest in the baseball uniforms last time when I read they couldn't be used on boffs and you can't wear the hats with regular starfleet uniforms. If they change those two details I'll get them all, but until then no thanks.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    I lost interest in the baseball uniforms last time when I read they couldn't be used on boffs and you can't wear the hats with regular starfleet uniforms. If they change those two details I'll get them all, but until then no thanks.

Yep, I really wish Cryptic would let us enjoy our own fun and remove both boff and off duty restrictions from the tailor. In fact all restrictions including color palette.

Except (I suppose) not allowing Feds to wear KDF uniforms and vice versa, but even that doesn't harm anyone and could make sense for role playing -- if your captain is a mercenary flying a salvaged Starfleet ship, it could make sense to have your crew wearing spikes and capes.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    I'm surprised that there's no beach tribble volleyball game, area, or emote yet.

I am in. Does smashing them win?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    MORE BASEBALL AWESOMENESS WITH RISA EVENT? :smiley:
    Fixed it for you, OP.
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    Florida is a huge baseball hotbed in the US. Major talent producers in the baseball world include Cuba, The Dominican Republic, Colombia, Venezuela, Curacao, Puerto Rico and on and on and on. So yes, jungles, beach and ocean DO make me think of baseball. Maybe you just don't know anything about baseball?
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    shinnok918shinnok918 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Fixed it for you, OP.

I think the OP got it right, but that's just me. I rather hate the focus put on athletics in real life and think overpaid athletes are a waste of air. reduce them to a working wage and show them their opinions don't matter. and don't try to foist a baseball uniform on my glorious Romulan military attire

• Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Hrm. Another year with nothing to spend Lolwhuts on. /sigh
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    shinnok918 wrote: »
    I think the OP got it right, but that's just me.
    Agreed, you definitely got the 2nd part of your sentence right.
    I rather hate the focus put on athletics in real life and think overpaid athletes are a waste of air. reduce them to a working wage and show them their opinions don't matter.
    Uhhh, nobody on the DS9ers or Logicians or any other Star Trek baseball team is getting paid to play AFAIK. No real life baseball players or teams are referenced in STO. Sadly.
    ...and don't try to foist a baseball uniform on my glorious Romulan military attire
    Here's something we can somewhat agree on. Let's get some slick new looking Nemesis and DS9 uniforms for Romulans! C-store, 1,000,000 dilithium purchase, lobi. I don't care how, just put it in the game.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Well if they are gonna add something which can't be used for its primary focus then they might as well add a snorkel set as an accessory to swim wear.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Fixed it for you, OP.

I think the OP got it right, but that's just me. I rather hate the focus put on athletics in real life and think overpaid athletes are a waste of air. reduce them to a working wage and show them their opinions don't matter. and don't try to foist a baseball uniform on my glorious Romulan military attire

Bread and circus....that's why they are paid so much, to keep the masses distracted, like the emperor with free bread, and games with gladiators killing each other and throwing Christians to the lions, as it were. Same thing today, keep the masses distracted.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    Wish we could wear the ball caps backwords, like how I wear my own, and how my signature has.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    I don't hate baseball but it's boring. We need more BIKINIS and Where is SOCCER? isn't that the most global and most popular sport in the world. We need more diversity and inclusiveness of other venues...same old same don't work much for anything year after year.​​
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Baseball was in DS9, don't remember seeing soccer in any trek show.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    Water polo was in ENT. :lol:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    What's the one in DS9 where they wear the silly jumpsuits and play what looks like squash in a tiny room?

That looked a more interesting sport than baseball.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    What's the one in DS9 where they wear the silly jumpsuits and play what looks like squash in a tiny room?

Springball
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @echatty said:
    > Baseball was in DS9, don't remember seeing soccer in any trek show.

We didn't see it, but Worf played football ('soccer') in his youth (and killed someone doing so)
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    bindingchainsbindingchains Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Yes, I have to agree with that, why on Earth are we getting Baseball outfits in a summer event?! Every single MMO in the market makes themed costumes for this season, its ridiculous we get Baseball outfits. Its not even a popular sport around the World, not even the most popular sport in the US as far as I know.
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Since it is Risa... how about we all play a round or two of Octran fertility contest?
  • Options
    dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    Talk about boring. Soccer. There can be a fake injury emote. A Risan butterfly lands on your shoulder, and you drop to the ground screaming in pain.
  • Options
    Talk about boring. Soccer. There can be a fake injury emote. A Risan butterfly lands on your shoulder, and you drop to the ground screaming in pain.

That would be awesome! Soccer is my favorite sport followed by basketball and baseball and I think this would be hilarious!
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    I don't hate baseball but it's boring. We need more BIKINIS and Where is SOCCER? isn't that the most global and most popular sport in the world. We need more diversity and inclusiveness of other venues...same old same don't work much for anything year after year.​​

swimwear is nice but they aready push what is concidered decent in some places. weould my captain wear a wicked weasel bikini? sure but there are some out there that would not like it as "too sexy" they had to go in another direction and they decided on the great american pasttime.
    what i would love to see, and be a total bear to pull off programming wise, would be actual volleyball, either 5 on 5 or 2 on 2
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    I don't hate baseball but it's boring. We need more BIKINIS and Where is SOCCER? isn't that the most global and most popular sport in the world. We need more diversity and inclusiveness of other venues...same old same don't work much for anything year after year.

swimwear is nice but they aready push what is concidered decent in some places. weould my captain wear a wicked weasel bikini? sure but there are some out there that would not like it as "too sexy" they had to go in another direction and they decided on the great american pasttime.
    what i would love to see, and be a total bear to pull off programming wise, would be actual volleyball, either 5 on 5 or 2 on 2

Wicked Weasel, 80's Slingshot, One piece with French cut legs, all of them would fit well with the lore of Risa. Stick to the established lore I tell ya!​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    why on Earth are we getting Baseball outfits in a summer event?! (...) Its not even a popular sport around the World, not even the most popular sport in the US as far as I know.

We are not only getting baseball outfits. Granted, no new summer/swim outfits this event, but there's a lot of summer themed clothing available. As for the latter part, I don't have a citable source on the popularity of sports in the 25th century, Baseball has apparently lost a lot of ground, but as has been said, it is canon to exist and more "fleshed out" in the ST universe than any other sport.
    Soccer. There can be a fake injury emote. A Risan butterfly lands on your shoulder, and you drop to the ground screaming in pain.

Neymar rolling 20 times over the ground? Where's my wallet, I'm gonna pay zen for that.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    szim wrote: »
    artan42 wrote: »

Springball

That's the bunny. Let's do that.
    angrytarg wrote: »
    > @echatty said:
    > Baseball was in DS9, don't remember seeing soccer in any trek show.

We didn't see it, but Worf played football ('soccer') in his youth (and killed someone doing so)

Make it PvP event where you can kill other players then.

Also, that makes Worf's 'Death to the opposition' joke in DS9 far darker than it should otherwise be.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    Baseball: Excuse for a bunch of folks to drink beer.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlORWhsJjNM
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
This discussion has been closed.