test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

a way to spend dilithium ore?

sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
currently my fav toon has more than 500 000 dilithium ore, and i think that is a waste. We can refine only 8000 per day (or more with the lifetime stuff), even if I played every day, I won't be able to use all this dilithium ore. I would need x years. I stopped the admiralty, because I can't spend the specialization points (all is full, and i have 16 points), I can't spend the dil ore etc.

we earn too many dil ore in comparison with the possibility of refining it.

Maybe we could have a way to use the dil ore. Not for the upgrades, the rep etc but maybe for the old lobi stuff, like clothes etc, + a new store ...
but with correct prices, the clothes from the dil store are ridiculously expensive.

I bought some stuff from the lobi store and wow that was disappointing, the voth soldier uniform for example is really outdated + It has glitches; 200 lobi for this TRIBBLE, ouch it is pain in the a.. .
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User
    Play an alt.
  • Options
    zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    500,000 / 8,000 per day = 2 months to refine it all.....
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    October 10th 2015 I hit the 10 million unrefined dill threshold. Will take almost 3.5 years to refine. But would need to stop playing and just refine daily so as not to add back up to the 10 million LOL
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    currently my fav toon has more than 500 000 dilithium ore, and i think that is a waste. We can refine only 8000 per day (or more with the lifetime stuff), even if I played every day, I won't be able to use all this dilithium ore. I would need x years. I stopped the admiralty, because I can't spend the specialization points (all is full, and i have 16 points), I can't spend the dil ore etc.
    Play alts. Earn more dil. 1 char = 8k dil per day. 5 chars = 40k dil per day etc. etc. etc. Play as many or as few you want.
    we earn too many dil ore in comparison with the possibility of refining it.
    This is a good problem to have. Play alts, refine more dil. Stacks of unrefined are good since you can bank on having them every day while you earn MORE dil on other characters.
    Maybe we could have a way to use the dil ore. Not for the upgrades, the rep etc but maybe for the old lobi stuff, like clothes etc, + a new store ...
    How about no, Scott? I like the game the way it is and I don't want it to shut down for good.
    but with correct prices, the clothes from the dil store are ridiculously expensive.
    The prices are correct and are working as intended.

When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    The limit on refining is to keep inflation from happening. And coming up with things to buy for unrefined ore, just seems like an attempt to sidestep that refining limit (depending, of course, on what you could spend it on)

(it would also be really annoying for the folks who don't have lots of unrefined sitting around, because they don't constantly cap out on refining. Given that they'd have to skip on refining, in order to buy these things... :s )

Those things were deliberately made that expensive, to be a dilithium sink.
  • Options
    I have 10 toons, each of them has a ton of dil ore. btw, currently, i play every day, but it is exceptional. So in fact, it will take more than 2 months to refine all the dil ore.

yeah, it is such a dil sink, that I have never seen a player with these costumes. :p
    How about no, Scott? I like the game the way it is and I don't want it to shut down for good.

why would the game stop? would not it be a desire to keep exclusivity for lobi stuff? most of these items are outdated.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    lobi comes from lock boxes, which puts money into Cryptic's hands to keep the game running. Shifting items away from the lobi store reduces that income.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I actually DO know of at least one thing in the game that lets you "spend" unrefined dil.

There's a doff mission you can get on New Romulus for trading for Romulan Ale. THAT uses unrefined dil as the cost to start the mission.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jkwrangler2010jkwrangler2010 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    Buy a bunch of weapons, consoles, space sets, ground sets and upgrade them all to epic and reroll them to desired traits. That will dwindle your dil pretty quick.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Buy a bunch of weapons, consoles, space sets, ground sets and upgrade them all to epic and reroll them to desired traits. That will dwindle your dil pretty quick.

He's got raw ore. Not refined. Can't use the raw ore until its refined.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I always thought that a Perk for the Fleet Mine would be if your Fleet Mine was at Tier 5, you could donate Unrefined Ore to Fleet Projects (only) at a 2:1 basis like the VIP Claims to Fleet Dilitium Vouchers. Give those Remans something to do.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    currently I play with a low level toon, and I was doing the mission "temporal front" for the nackul ground set. I did this mission already 2 times, and i'm already tired to do the same thing again. I wanted this set (at least 2 pieces) for my boffs. That means 4 boffs x 2 pieces = hell no! i can't do that.

it would be interesting that when you have unlocked by doing the mission, the set pieces (that means doing the mission 3 times, and it is enough for the crypic's stats); we can buy for our boffs the set for DIL ORE in a new store or a replicator, well something! (at a reasonable price, if the price for 1 piece is 20 000, 30 000 or more no thx!)

At least, this dil ore would have an utility even for low a level character. btw my lvl 44 boff has already 31950 dil ore
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    it would be interesting that when you have unlocked by doing the mission, the set pieces (that means doing the mission 3 times, and it is enough for the crypic's stats); we can buy for our boffs the set for DIL ORE in a new store or a replicator, well something! (at a reasonable price, if the price for 1 piece is 20 000, 30 000 or more no thx!)
    EC or refined dil would make more sense for something like this. And it's actually a pretty good idea for the purpose of monetizing not playing the game. A trend that they've already started with the event tokens in the c-store. Heck, a neverwinter friend of mine claims that you can buy full completion of that game's version of reputation systems in the c-store (unconfirmed on my end).
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    If ore was given half the value of refined dilithium for fleet projects, I'd use my 5 million in ore for that.

I won't be parking my main for over a year to stop adding new ore and just refine what I have.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I would like it that if you get the Fleet Mine to T5 that it would accept Unrefined for Fleet Projects through the same mechanism they use for converting VIP Claims to Fleet Dilitium Vouchers. NPC takes Unrefined and gives you half the amount in Refined Fleet Dilitium Vouchers.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    currently I play with a low level toon, and I was doing the mission "temporal front" for the nackul ground set. I did this mission already 2 times, and i'm already tired to do the same thing again. I wanted this set (at least 2 pieces) for my boffs. That means 4 boffs x 2 pieces = hell no! i can't do that.

I'm sorry...but an option like this to be meaningful would have to have the price be 20k REFINED dil AT LEAST. If we are looking at unrefined, that number jumps to 100k+. You seem to think having a stockpile of 500k unrefined dil is a lot. I'm sorry...but I have been basically playing nil in the past year and I still have like 50-100k unrefined dil that just builds up. Play alts. There solution and nothing needs to be changed and no dev time is needed.

like I said, I have 10 toons, well now 11. AND like I said most of them have a ton of dil ore: 200 000/300 000/400 000.
    I have all that I wanted for them (epic, stuff etc etc etc).

this is just a waste of ressources and time like I wouldn't be able to use all this dil ore, EARNT at playing the game.

i don't want a change of the game, everything can stay like it is currently. That wouldn't be difficult to add a mechanism for using the dil ore: fleet project, crafting "old school". Instead of doing 8 times the same mission for weapons; caustic plasma for example, they could add a way to craft this weapon and others ( available from missions).

yeah, i could spend a lot of dil ore (currently my main has 650 000 dil ore, this stupid number increases every day, but i can't use only 8000 refined per day; ridiculous), if i want low prices, this is not only for me but also for the other players, i'm tired by the elitism in this game (a ridiculous coat at 1 000 000 mil refined dil, lobi stuff ...). Instead of creating 1 dil sink from time to time, the devs should create a permanent dil sink, by first of all increase the amount of dilithium that we can refine per day.
    I'm sorry...but an option like this to be meaningful would have to have the price be 20k REFINED dil AT LEAST.

why the prices should be so high, if you have unlocked the 3 pieces of a set by doing the same mission again, again and again, maybe it would be reasonable to be fair with the player who have unlocked the set.
    I don't understand why all must be expensive in this game, low/fair prices = more sales, high prices = less sells. it is 1 of the rule of the economy.
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    EC or refined dil would make more sense for something like this. And it's actually a pretty good idea for the purpose of monetizing not playing the game. A trend that they've already started with the event tokens in the c-store. Heck, a neverwinter friend of mine claims that you can buy full completion of that game's version of reputation systems in the c-store (unconfirmed on my end).
    Yes... in Neverwinter, you can buy Campaign (i.e. Rep) completion tokens.
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    this is just a waste of ressources and time like I wouldn't be able to use all this dil ore, EARNT at playing the game.

You earned unrefined dil and you got it. Now you have to earn refined dil by playing the game even more. That's the rules.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    The more pink rock I have the more free items I can buy via the Zen store. Currently 33 characters and refining 264k dill a day and have enough refined to purchased 24k worth of Zen and counting. So more pink rocks please as my wallet has been poorly the last few years and only get back on its feet with part time work :).
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User

I'm sorry...but an option like this to be meaningful would have to have the price be 20k REFINED dil AT LEAST. If we are looking at unrefined, that number jumps to 100k+. You seem to think having a stockpile of 500k unrefined dil is a lot. I'm sorry...but I have been basically playing nil in the past year and I still have like 50-100k unrefined dil that just builds up. Play alts. There solution and nothing needs to be changed and no dev time is needed.

like I said, I have 10 toons, well now 11. AND like I said most of them have a ton of dil ore: 200 000/300 000/400 000.
    I have all that I wanted for them (epic, stuff etc etc etc).

i don't want a change of the game, everything can stay like it is currently. That wouldn't be difficult to add a mechanism for using the dil ore: fleet project, crafting "old school". Instead of doing 8 times the same mission for weapons; caustic plasma for example, they could add a way to craft this weapon and others ( available from missions).

yeah, i could spend a lot of dil ore (currently my main has 650 000 dil ore, this stupid number increases every day, but i can't use only 8000 refined per day; ridiculous), if i want low prices, this is not only for me but also for the other players, i'm tired by the elitism in this game (a ridiculous coat at 1 000 000 mil refined dil, lobi stuff ...). Instead of creating 1 dil sink from time to time, the devs should create a permanent dil sink, by first of all increase the amount of dilithium that we can refine per day.
    I'm sorry...but an option like this to be meaningful would have to have the price be 20k REFINED dil AT LEAST.

why the prices should be so high, if you have unlocked the 3 pieces of a set by doing the same mission again, again and again, maybe it would be reasonable to be fair with the player who have unlocked the set.
    I don't understand why all must be expensive in this game, low/fair prices = more sales, high prices = less sells. it is 1 of the rule of the economy.

Increased dil refining rate means crashing the dil exchange. The pheonix box was put in to specifically keep that from happening and you wanna ruin that so we see 400+ dil per zen again? This was actually quite bad for the new players and the game as a whole. If we allow you to circumvent refined dihl sinks by using ores instead, it will once again have the same effect. The refined dil is capped there for a damn good reason...and there is a damn good reason why you can't use ores instead of refined dil. This literally is econ 101. Why do people have problems understanding econ 101?

As for the prices I listed...that is because really, 20k refined dil is NOTHING. I can collect and refine 60k dil in one hour. If I care to in anycase. I am sitting on around 4 mil refined dil...with everything I want. I play for like 10 min now when there is an event and maybe 20 min or so every 3 or 4 days when there isn't an event and I can still rack up 50-100k dil ore by activating admiralty and doffs and running reps. Although in all honesty, I kinda gave up on even slotting those. 500k dil ore is literally nothing in this game to get. At 20k dil ore, lets say I want to use that for 3 other doffs and need to use that 9 times. That is a mere 180k dil ore. Do you have any idea how little time it would take me to collect that amount? A weekend playing 3 hours a day on ONE toon. That's NOTHING. In I stagger things to be more efficent to generate ore, I can produce 5 times that amount. Yeah that is on multiple toons and there is currently no way to transfer ore between toons...but yeah the shear amount of ore you can generate in this game if you really wanna is silly. So here is the thing, stop paying attention to it and run what is fun. Don't bother with admiralty or doffs or hourly rep. Just run the missions for fun that you wanna play. You will see that amount disappear in a hurry.

Agree with all of this. Dilithium ore is nothing to get and refine, but if the refining cap is raised then the market gets flooded and prices on the dil-zen exchange rise. I saw it happen when the exchange nearly reached the cap of 500 before it went down with the introduction of the Phoenix box.

So no, I don't see using the ore for currency. I have one toon that is close to 500k ore because I play her exclusively on that acct. Right now the only thing I'm spending it on is quick upgrades if I need it and the T6 reputation fleet module and project discount.

I also don't really try to amass dilithium right now, though I could. Couple hours of play without using Admiralty or Doffing and I can still amass the 8k daily cap.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    Great, you have excess raw ore! That means you now have the freedom to ignore Admiralty, ignore contraband turn-ins, Dil mining missions, and other ore creators. On 2x Dil weekend you can play whatever you want!

Stop focusing on the "I need maximum resource grind!" benefits, and concentrate on the game play benefits. It's a game after all, you play it.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Great, you have excess raw ore! That means you now have the freedom to ignore Admiralty, ignore contraband turn-ins, Dil mining missions, and other ore creators. On 2x Dil weekend you can play whatever you want!

Stop focusing on the "I need maximum resource grind!" benefits, and concentrate on the game play benefits. It's a game after all, you play it.

This is how I look at it as well. I have a couple of my characters that have excess unrefined, those are 2 less admiralty queues I have to do every day. I just play them when I feel like it at whatever content I feel like playing.

Usually, I set the threshold about 300-350k unrefined. When I get to that point, I stop doing 'daily dilithium grind' on them until they get back around the 100-150k mark. Makes it so I don't have to do every single alt every single day.
    Insert witty signature line here.
This discussion has been closed.